PDA

View Full Version : [4e] - Dragon: Roll vs Role - The Bile Spider Goblins

SamTheCleric
2008-06-24, 07:20 AM
A new article... Haven't made it all the way through it yet, but it looks promising.

Roll vs. Role debuts in Dragon with the Bile Spider tribe. Goblins are some of the nastiest creatures around to begin with, but Ziguarz the hexer has brought his tribe new power and glory with his focus on the alchemical arts. Now he's discovered that components "harvested" from sentient creatures can potentially give him access to all sorts of new alchemical wonders, and he's set out to gather as many such resources as his tribe can purloin. Learn all the ins and outs of this goblins tribe, and drop them straight into your 4th Edition D&D campaign.

See it now! (725 Kbs PDF)
Goblins are wicked and grasping, and despite their stature, they lack some of the cowardice that other small humanoids display. Worse still, they’re cunning and inventive, as well as perversely resourceful. They know and use dark sorcery and cruel equipment. The expansion of civilization has driven them to the borderlands, but goblins covet the territories occupied by friendlier folk, and they crave the wealth and decadence offered by wrongful conquest and theft.

Direct link to pdf: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/dragon/364_RollvsRole.pdf

Morty
2008-06-24, 07:32 AM
It looks quite nice. Since goblins are bound to be cannon fodder in D&D, they might as well be cannon fodder with some dignity and this article gives them it.

MammonAzrael
2008-06-24, 11:56 AM
I quite like it. It is very flavorful, and give goblins much more than just a mook feeling. In fact, I may take it farther, and give my goblins in general a penchant for alchemy.

The encounters look well covered, with social and less than social options being covered, as well as a variety of personalities.

I do have a question though. In "The Hazards of Alchemy" section, it mentions having access to the Adventurer's Vault. What is that?

SamTheCleric
2008-06-24, 11:58 AM
I do have a question though. In "The Hazards of Alchemy" section, it mentions having access to the Adventurer's Vault. What is that?

First splatbook, over 2000 items, mundane and magical.