PDA

View Full Version : Durkon's oracle answer. Speculation.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-06-24, 07:57 AM
In this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0331.html) Durkon asks "How will I finally be returnin' ta me beloved dwarven homelands?"
and the oracle answers "posthumously."

We already know that this means after you die, but what if it isn't after Durkon dies?

Could it be that the oracle predicted Roy's death instead? Will Durkon return to his homeland soon?

On the Origin of PCs spoiler
The dwarves in Durkon's homeland fortold the when Durkon returns home, he will bring death and destruction.

Is it possible that perhaps Durkon's party memebers (probably Belkar) or perhaps an enemy of the Order of the Stick (perhaps the Linear Guild or Xykon) will cause this destruction because Durkon brought them to the dwarven lands?

What do you think?

Waspinator
2008-06-24, 08:02 AM
If you want my guess, he's going to be killed and turned into part of Xykon and co's zombie army that will then attack his homelands.

Glorfindel
2008-06-24, 08:04 AM
the oracle answers "posthumously."

We already know that this means after you die
That indeed means, after Durkon dies. There's no way you can interpret that as after Roy dies.

Ninja
2008-06-24, 08:08 AM
How wil I be returnig.... not roy.. I
meaning hell be dead... so my guess is after all this is done hes gona die of old age, expecting the reply to the letter he sent to his homeland, which was eaten bt the MitD....

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-24, 09:30 AM
I agree with all the folks who say Durkon will die. I think that since Kraagor's gate is the last one, and his gate is in/near dwarven lands, that's where the epic battle will be and that's the death and destruction that Durkon brings. Durkon may die before they get there, or he may die at the battle, but I'm not positive if the battle counts as returning to the homelands...if so than he'll be killed before. Maybe at Girard's gate.