PDA

View Full Version : A life of Steel.

juggalotis
2008-06-24, 08:53 AM
you are all in an inn in a town named Deepwater. It is an average sized fishing community. Your mercenary band has been here for several days. Work has been slow for you so you made this your destination as it is the center and connecting point for many trade routes which reach many small villiages. Rumors and jobs were your hope however not much has come of it. you have however noticed that very few trade wagons have been attempting the eastern most trade road. you are not sure why this is at the moment. But with business as poor as it is your considering either asking some traders about this or heading out yourself.

Dustfinger
2008-06-24, 04:34 PM
Blaise Devereau

Blaise steps out of the inn and sits on a bench and takes a sip from his flask as 6 more wagons make their way down the southern trade routes.

"Ah, isn't a beautiful day, i'm sorry Sir, just needed some fresh air."

One wagon turns to the easten route and he puts the flask back on his belt and stands. He turns towards his companion, the old gnome looks up at him, more like through him, but he could never tell.

"Excuse me Sir, may I take leave for a moment? I assure you i'll make it brief."

The gray haired man waves him away and he jogs off towards the wagon. He glances over his shoulder about half-way there to make sure his friend is still seated where he left him.

"Excuse me sir! Yes you, on the wagon! I'm sorry to bother you but i've been at this in all week, watching the wagons go by, and I noticed you are the first person today to take the eastern trading route. Is there any reason for that? I ask because I work for the Emerald Dawn Mercenary Guild, and if safety is what is needed, traders should know it is offered here in Deepwater."

As Blaise speaks he motions to the insignia inscribed on the blade of his weapon. He stands erect, almost at attention, awaiting a response from the merchant.

Okay so GhosTim, hope you don't mind me using you a little, and as to everyone else I guess I kind of named the mercenary guild if everyone is okay with The Emerald Dawn, I threw in mercinary guild in case our guild isn't famous. If you don't I'll take it out. Come to think of this, is it okay to post this at all, I'm assuming that a wagon went by and that I am next to where the routes diverge. Juggalotis, let me know if this post isn't okay.

GhosTim15
2008-06-24, 11:20 PM
Dustfinger take a look at my sheet to see the things I would like you to carry.Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=59759)

Also, I don't mind you posting what I do (less stuff for me to type LOL:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:)

"Sure thing Blaise, go do whatever you want while I prepare my spells for the day. Murky, go keep an eye on Blaise." Thairvol says groggily as he gets out of the inn. "Just make sure you are here before we leave." He says after he finally becomes awake. He finds a nice shady spot near the bench, and begins to study his spellbook.

My prepared spells are...

2 Prestidigitation
1 Detect Magic

1 Enlarge Person
1 Mage Armor

juggalotis
2008-06-25, 01:15 AM
it is because it winds through the Moonshae forest.. protection or not we wont be going there anymore untill we know it be safe. said the Carriage driver. with that the carriage pulled into a forge on the eastern side of the villiage most likely for some spare wheels for the carriage.
\
The Moonshae forest had always been rumored to be A very safe place. You all think maybe some of the local salespeople might know whats happening as they are in the trade business.

OOC: Dustfinger it's fine using other pc's in your post as long as they agree. just please try to refrain from controlling the npc's actions. it makes my job very hard,. and as for the name it's fine with me. hats up to all you guys.

Scarred1
2008-06-25, 02:16 AM
Graf says very little as he sits in the back corner on the tavern. he slowly sips his drink (water, as not to cloud his senses), and listens tentatively to all the conversations that may happen around him. his cape is wrapped around him, and his hood is covering his head... the less people that know what he is, the better..

SoD
2008-06-26, 10:03 PM
Winden

''Gah. Nothin' like a sea breeze, an' the smell of the sea." says the Orcish cleric, breathing in deeply and taking in his surroundings, whilst holding his quaterstaff.

After looking out to sea, ignoring the looks of the locals, he turns to head back the others (if there's a shrine to Fharlanghn, Winden will find that first, and stay there for a few minutes chatting to another cleric, and offering to help out there for a while).

Upon returning to the others, and hearing the news from Blaise, he thinks about Moonshae, and what could possibly be plagueing the safe forest.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Use whichever one is needed. If it's, for some reason, knowlege dungeoneering, religion, or arcana, those are avaliable on request.

Also, spells prepared: detect magic x2, read magic x1, sheild of faith x1, expeditious retreat (domain).

juggalotis
2008-06-28, 09:14 AM
to cleric after geeography check. : you know the forest is quite large and much of it is inhabited by very peaceful druids.

juggalotis
2008-07-01, 07:49 AM
OOC: no one is posting. if no posts again tomorrow im going to have to close the thread.

Scarred1
2008-07-01, 08:10 AM
Graf decides that the party needs to stock up on supplies, so he prepares his bow, and heads off into the surrounding area to hunt some small game.

GhosTim15
2008-07-01, 10:38 AM
I am sorry for my lack of posting:smallfrown:

I am assuming that an hour has passed.... and I prepared my spells..

My prepared spells are...

2 Prestidigitation
1 Detect Magic

1 Enlarge Person
1 Mage Armor

Having prepared his spells, Thairvol, gets up, finally fully awake. He sits on the bench waiting for Blaise to return with any news..

juggalotis
2008-07-02, 07:18 AM
judgeing from the reaction of the traders there is something very wrong in thew forest. undoughtedly the far eastern villiages would reward you well for helping solve it and bring traders back to their homes.

Scarred1
2008-07-03, 10:52 PM
when Graf returns from his hunting and gathering trip, he will prepare his supplies for the trip into the woods..

SoD
2008-07-04, 08:31 AM
Winden

"For such activity bad enough to scare townfolk is unusual...the place is usually swarming with druids and their ilk. For the problem to get out of hand without them stopping it is...unusual. Either their dead, captured, or behind it. Either way, it doesn't bode well for those venturing in there...I assume we leave later today." Winden comments, partially to himself, partially to whoevers within hearing, while reaching around to scratch his back.

juggalotis
2008-07-04, 04:39 PM
the sun goes down the night is calm. the moon is full and provides good light.

Scarred1
2008-07-04, 10:33 PM
after his bags are packed, his rations stowed away, and his bow string tightened to perfection, Graf quietly rejoins his comrades. he will spend the down time before the party is prepared slowly carving a thick stick into the shape of what appears to be some sort of flute.

juggalotis
2008-07-06, 06:55 PM
Your party Opts to set ut for the forest in hopes of helping the situation.
After traveling for most of the day you reach the edge of the forest. in the glow of the moonlight you can barely make out two figures fighting just inside the forest line.

OOC: had to move forewrad guys sorry for putting you out of the city.

Scarred1
2008-07-07, 10:08 PM
Graf will spot to see if he can see who they are, as he hides from their sight.

(i dont know much about the whole rolling thing. can someone please explain?)

juggalotis
2008-07-08, 01:41 AM
OOC: to roll you type [roll ] then your dice. say 1d20 for a spot and for exampale if you have a +2 modifier add +2 then [/ roll] it will look like this
[ roll]1d20+2[/ roll] without spaces

[roll0]

Scarred1
2008-07-08, 04:23 AM
alright, then its [roll0] for my hide

and [roll1] for my spot

GhosTim15
2008-07-08, 10:41 AM
I am assuming that I have my familiar next to me giving me the alertness feat....

While Thairvol is walking down the road, he looks in front of him and notices two figures in the distance. He tells Murky to look as well...

Thairvol

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

Murky

Spot
[roll2]

Listen
[roll3]

Also note that my Raven can speak Gnome as a supernatural ability so he can talk to me (or anyone that can speak gnome)

juggalotis
2008-07-09, 01:13 AM
Graf hides in nearby shrubbery and looks on as well as thairvol both of you can make out what looks to be a half elf fighting something that looks half man and half rat. the wererat is fighting with a dagger and his claws whereas the half-elf is using a quarterstaff. You also can make out that there are 3 bodies on the ground dead. you have time to help one combatant if you wish or you can wait.

SoD
2008-07-09, 04:39 AM
Winden

"Huh, that don't look good..." Winden mutters. "Never liked shapeshifters."

Winden readies his quaterstaff, and walks up to the ratman, and swings his quaterstaff, aiming at the creatures head. Unfortunatly, the attack goes wrong...

[roll0]
[roll1]

Edit: Damn! That's awful rolling...

juggalotis
2008-07-09, 09:27 AM
Initiative please people.

Scarred1
2008-07-09, 12:44 PM
[roll0]

Yay for my first forum combat!

GhosTim15
2008-07-09, 10:13 PM
Thairvol makes sure his equipment is secure and his spellbook is open, he is ready for action.

[roll0]

SoD
2008-07-20, 12:15 AM
Winden

Damn. New I'd forgotten something. [roll0]

juggalotis
2008-07-22, 06:27 AM
The combatants notice you and while the druid is distracted the wererat leaps in and stabs himm in the leg dropping him then he turns to you.

Initiative: [roll]1d20+3[roll]

juggalotis
2008-07-22, 06:32 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

sorry forgot the / in first post

juggalotis
2008-07-22, 06:34 AM
Initiative: [roll0]