PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problem.

Enlong
2008-06-25, 08:52 AM
OK, so I'm having a small computer problem, and I'd like some help.

OK, so, we have a dual-boot system, with Windows on one side and Mac OS X 10.5.3 on the other. Both sides have Kurzweil 3000 installed on it, and both are connected to the same printer, an EPSON Perfection 4490 Office.
The problem is this. Whenever we try to scan a page using Kurzweil while on the Mac side, it doesn't work. Specifically, the printer starts to move, makes a few beaming sounds, and then the program just gets hung up on the progress bar; the printer is listening to Kurzweil, but just doesn't seem to make it all the way.
Meanwhile, the printer works fine anywhere else. We can scan stuff using the built-in scanning program in the Mac side and in the Windows side. In fact, Kurzweil 3000 scans perfectly on the Windows side. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is scanning with Kurzweil on the Mac side.

Personally, I'm stumped as to what may be the problem. One site suggested removing all of the scanner's drivers and extentions, and then installing the newest drivers, but I don't have a frelling clue as to how to remove the drivers either.

So, does anyone know what's going on here? Any ideas as to what may be the problem?