PDA

View Full Version : Vic's comprehensive and unnecessarily long titled guide to freedom and delicious cake

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 03:56 AM
Look at me writing this long article for you, just because I like a thicker mix of blood and tears in my morning tea. Deceptive, yet direct approach works wonders at personal relationships like this, as regular people will be too busy to spot the obvious while they search for some nonsense like hidden secondary goals and details. Like we'd bother developing an eleborate plot to fool them, hehe. While we suck out their blood like mosquitos and they think they're the winning ones. Overestimating self worth is a common problem in the modern world, and it's spreading like a disease.

Sad part is I can see it in your eyes too. You've grown to love yourself,son, while you did absolutely nothing that'd even come close to resembling something of a glimpse of proper execution and good planning. That's rule four if you're counting, "having no plan at all is the best plan". Since you'll be promoting instant gratification and superficial carnal desires, you don't need any plan. All the plotting that you spent your sleepless nights with are your chains that restrict you when you need to act fast. You don't need goals, you don't need to think about what will you do when the time comes. What you want, you want it NOW. You have to do whatever that's required to get it NOW. You don't have time to plan. You don't even have the time to think about it. What matters is that you got the thing you wanted, you can always sort out the tiny problems like people getting hurt. That's sad ( yes it is sad that people can become sad over things you do to them. That's not fair at all. ) but you have no time for them either. There's always another goal to chase, another girl to catch, another window to break. When you master getting what you want, people will stop blaming you because they're stupid.

But how can people not blame you when you're happy with the thing you always ( not really ) wanted and they're crying? Rule number five: " Always hide your goals. " People don't need to know what you're really thinking. As a matter of fact, the less they know about your motives the better your chances of making them taste the black medicine. You should be like an unreliable lighter, never working when they try to use you to light their cigarettes but always there for a chance to set fire to their house. In flaming agony they will learn to respect you. ( and hopefully to keep their distance. ) You should act nice to people for approximately five seconds. That's ALL the time you need to figure out what will hurt them most. A regular conversation should go like this: " Hi that's a very nice hat, where did you get it? But it's sad that it makes you look so fat. I think you should go change it with the other one, that didn't make you look as fat as this one does. Oh you look fat without the hat, nevermind, keep it. " I bet my favorite finger that she didn't see that coming.

Also knowing where to strike is a crucial quality of a good person. By good, I mean Machiavellian good. But let's not go there yet. You have to know the insecurities of people around you. It's easy to see them when you know what you're looking for. Try to see things that people don't actually "need" but keep around to make them feel better. Like their boyfriends or dogs ( those are two of the most useless things ever ). Find out what keeps their self-loathing inner self floating on thin ice. And make it gone. Remember, everyone but you has a low self esteem and emotional problems because unlike you, they care about those things. Like love, friendship, religion, sports, good looks. This list can go on forever, but there is always one thing you can exploit to make people collapse. And in their pretentious faces stained with tears and reflection of your cruel smile in their eyes, you shall find happiness. At least for yourself.

Believe me when I say that happiness doesn't last long, as all good things it will come to an end. Like, the part when I stop bashing you and talk about other people who still believe that there's a greater good. Let us get back to the subject. We are nothing. Nothing we do matters, we are going to die anyway and there's no salvation. In this, you will find the strength you need. When you look at the emptiness of the universe and find it to be devoid of meaning, simple things like life are just matters of keeping yourself alive. Complex structures like the society are illusions. There is only you, nothing else matters. Admit that you don't matter either, if you were better than people around you, you wouldn't be reading this guide. You'd be, let's say, writing it instead. Stupid egoistic masturbation aside, you actually have to act superior to people around you. It's just like the Paper is superior to the Rock. It makes no sense, it's innately impossible as there's nothing that makes you better than anyone else other than the fact that you are just an enlightened snowflake. Try to enjoy it until you touch the ground and melt, but don't overdo it. The point of this is if you act like you're better than other people and start telling them the truth about your worth ( which is just about the same as the worth of a few fragments of nothing ) they will still subconsciously believe that you are superior, and feel that they are even lower scum than that. Which is apparently true as they are so complicated.

Simple things are your friend. People like overcompensating for things, they make the life sound like a .. well I can't find words to describe something so useless but still sound like "oh yeah all the cool kids are doing it" and eggs and a rotten pineapple. Now, do you try to develop super-duper atomic pens to write in space? No. You use pencils. Those people who won't ever learn actually like their life the way it is. They will not even consider looking out of their simple worlds. When you are at their door and say that alien invaders from Uranus are attacking you and you need some sugar, they won't believe you even if there are actual Uranusians with lazerguns shooting at you. Try to move from stage to stage as you go from one person to another, since they all live in their delusional minds, everything is different from one person to another. It sounds stupid but keep in mind we humans are a stupid bunch.

Anyway, to answer the question that's asked the most, "Why bother living when everything is empty?". That is a very simple question spawned from a simple mind, evidently he tries to prove his point that "life matters ( idiot, huh )" by the fact that we are living beings. Hey, if he values life so much, he should stop eating dead animals, even plants. They live too. But he considers their lives forfeit because they don't share the same chemical reactions in his brain ( which is only slightly different than theirs). Why do we keep living? Because we are the next step in human evolution, we will survive when his world ends since it can't carry these lies anymore, we saw through that lies. And in the off chance that we don't survive, we will be the ones still acting cool; putting on our sunglasses, smiling at the girl next door just as the bombs go off and we don't even change. We are nothing in life, we will be nothing when we're dead.

----------coming soon is relationship guide. yes yes I know you can't wait to win at LIFE.

Solo
2008-06-26, 04:29 AM
The cake is a lie.

Gygaxphobia
2008-06-26, 04:35 AM
Yes, and less importantly so is the "comprehensive" bit.

Calamity
2008-06-26, 05:10 AM
Wow. I'm at a loss for words at how strongly I disagree.

You think that you know me (or anyone else for that matter) and what I'm like before you've even met me? :smallconfused:

Oh wait that's right, according to you, I'm stupid, selfish and unimportant, and so is everyone else in the world.
That's certainly the impression you gave me.

You also seem to be implying that it is good to be an arrogant so-and-so and act superior to others in every way. How on earth is that good?

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 06:41 AM
What you're like doesn't matter. All humans operate under the same set of basic rules. If feeling special makes you feel better:

You are very special. We all love you, and couldn't have lived without you.

-
That pretty much sums it all. Our lives are spent responding to things that take place around us, we judge them by how they make us feel. Knowing our inherent weaknesses makes us "better" than other people who are only animals with some spark of intelligence that can use a few select tools and live in self denial. Those people support the society because we all have the need to belong to something bigger than us. Basic pack instinct, probably.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-26, 07:05 AM
So you're saying Bor, who won human itp, isn't human? :smallconfused:

On a second note, you're saying all of us who regularly post in the depression thread aren't human?

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 07:25 AM
Despair is an illusion. Some people revel in their dark setting, thinking everything is doomed and all. And some people like yellow daisies.

I just say it doesn't matter. You are as human as the happiest person in the world ( misguided fool ) or, me ( again, misguided fool ). I indulge in enlightened speculation but my methods or facts ( which aren't really facts ) don't change anything. It's just Schadenfreude to get the most of a given moment. Anyone's methods may change according to their beliefs. We're all spending time until we die and become unthinking inert material again. So once more, it doesn't matter.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-26, 07:36 AM
You are getting very close to religion so I won't say anything, not even my pore judgement or something.

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 07:43 AM
Oh it's nothing about religion. I just say that it doesn't matter what happens when you die. You die, and this life ends. The pure speculation about afterlife is not my concern and it's strictly forbidden in this kind of messageboards. Do not take my words as a criticism of any given religion, including having none. They all have their uses and I hope they all bring much joy to their believers for whatever that might be worth.

Ranis
2008-06-26, 08:36 AM
Wow. I don't have words to express how wrong you are, on a metaphysical level as well as a cynical one. The only way your little theory would ever make sense or be true was if the entire human race was cynical to the core, or incredibly blindsided.

Guess what? I'm neither, and neither are the hundreds of psychologists over the past 175 years.

Artemician
2008-06-26, 09:24 AM
I just say it doesn't matter. You are as human as the happiest person in the world ( misguided fool ) or, me ( again, misguided fool ). I indulge in enlightened speculation but my methods or facts ( which aren't really facts ) don't change anything. It's just Schadenfreude to get the most of a given moment. Anyone's methods may change according to their beliefs. We're all spending time until we die and become unthinking inert material again. So once more, it doesn't matter.

Life comes to an end. Everything comes to an end, eventually.

But well, so what?

I live. And as long as I live, I'm going to make the best out of my life, in whatever way I feel I can. I'm probably not going to end up making any serious changes to the fabric of the world, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing really changes the fabric of the universe, so I'm not alone there. I'm just going to enjoy this life to the fullest.

skywalker
2008-06-26, 11:35 AM
I only have one thing to say to this.

WHERE'S THE BLOODY CAKE!?

There is neither freedom nor cake in your post. This lack(especially of cake) makes me very, very upset.

I was expecting cake.

Also, TL,DR.

Charity
2008-06-26, 12:26 PM
I think this might be fitting

http://samthegiant.com/EVIL_PICS/IMG_0848.jpg
but in this health concious world maybe fruit...
http://www.ic-gallery.com/albums/userpics/10783/normal_emo-oranges~0.jpg

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 12:28 PM
Now that cake promise is fulfilled; we might as well thank mr. Charity.

Dragonrider
2008-06-26, 01:03 PM
*angst angst angst*

Devin
2008-06-26, 01:05 PM
A question for everyone who's getting all high and mighty about their life philosophies: how can you not tell that this is a joke? It's so blatantly obvious.

Jibar
2008-06-26, 01:14 PM
A question for everyone who's getting all high and mighty about their life philosophies: how can you not tell that this is a joke? It's so blatantly obvious.

Because he's already posted one of these things that got taken badly enough to get locked, and should have worked out that if it was a joke, it wasn't going to work here.
*hint hint*

Devin
2008-06-26, 01:39 PM
Because he's already posted one of these things that got taken badly enough to get locked, and should have worked out that if it was a joke, it wasn't going to work here.
*hint hint*

That's the entire point of this kind of joke.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-06-26, 01:46 PM
I didn't even bother reading the OP. {scrubbed} So here's the deal, kids. Report the thread, and don't reply. And when I say, "don't reply," that means you don't post, "I agree with Bor." Nice as it is to read agreements with my sentiments, this tripe isn't worth the time lost reading his angst-filled rant, and pushing this negativity back to the top of the forum. Report and maintain silence, just as I'm doing once I submit my reply to this...this...I don't even know what to call it. :smallmad:

Warpfire
2008-06-26, 02:10 PM
Though I'm far from agreeing with his attitudes, I don't really see any reason this should be locked besides "I don't like his opinions."

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-26, 03:32 PM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff250/IlliterateScribe_album/diamond.png

So, playgrounders, what is the solution to this intractable problem?

Raiser Blade
2008-06-26, 03:49 PM
I see no reason for locking this thread. The man has his opinions and unless he actually breaks a forum rule he should be allowed to state them.

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 03:56 PM

Diamonds aren't metal =[
But I like the general idea. The way to cake is of course offering cheap razors to the emotionally insecure people! And since the dogs keep all the HAXORS ON STEROIDS(tm) out, the idea is the sneak beneath the curtain. Or run them down with a party van.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-06-26, 04:12 PM
Diamonds aren't metal =[
But I like the general idea. The way to cake is of course offering cheap razors to the emotionally insecure people! And since the dogs keep all the HAXORS ON STEROIDS(tm) out, the idea is the sneak beneath the curtain. Or run them down with a party van.

:smallsigh:

Anyway, your studies of Diamond cars are inadequate. (http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8/hardestmetalthreaduh9.jpg) You're A Have To Study That Some Day.

averagejoe
2008-06-26, 04:48 PM
Not much of a guide, really. It rambles all over the place, and whatever point it might have seems mostly to be covered up by irrelevant stylisms and dreary, trite poetic language.

I mean, there's the content, yeah, but that's obviously the product of irrational thought, so it's easy to ignore. Mostly it's just really painful to read.

Volug
2008-06-26, 04:50 PM
I see no reason for locking this thread. The man has his opinions and unless he actually breaks a forum rule he should be allowed to state them.

Telling people their lives are nothing as they just live and die...? That's gotta put down quite a few people.

*cough*

Anyway, I disagree, and I just jumped around and I could tell.

*Leaves topic*

Devin
2008-06-26, 05:12 PM
Telling people their lives are nothing as they just live and die...? That's gotta put down quite a few people.

*cough*

*Leaves topic*

You might not feel put down if you knew what a joke was.

Solo
2008-06-26, 06:12 PM
:smallsigh:

Anyway, your studies of Diamond cars are inadequate. (http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8/hardestmetalthreaduh9.jpg) You're A Have To Study That Some Day.
Start posting in YOU KNOW WHAT!

Flickerdart
2008-06-26, 06:28 PM
The original post gets by on the supposed audacity of telling people that they should go against their primitive monkey mentality. There's no actual content in the post, and a reader's time would be better spent finding When You're Evil, which manages to accomplish more with less words, and more awesome.

If this is a joke, it is a poor one. If it is serious, even poorer. The third option, observing the reactions of other posters, is even more laughable. You, sir, could learn a lot from Mr. Duchamp.

Raiser Blade
2008-06-26, 07:13 PM

*cough*

*Leaves topic*

By letting him get to you you hand him victory.

{Scrubbed}

Mr. Moon
2008-06-26, 07:16 PM
Since this makes no sense, I'd like to post my own little guide to happiness. Unlike the opening poster, {scrubbed}. Also, I'm operating on one basic assumption I've learnt over the years.

You need input to get output.

To get happiness, you need to give happiness.

So therefore - Making others happy is equal to or less than being happy.

So unless you're doing things that may make, say, your boss happy but you miserable, this is the best way to be happy. So go ahead - hold doors open for strangers. Complement someone on their hat, even if it does make them look fat. Smiles are contagious. So go out there and start an epidemic. God, I can't believe I just said that. So cheesy. >.<

{scrubbed}

Thanatos 51-50
2008-06-26, 07:55 PM
@Vic:
While your ramblings are getting to be slightly better-written, I must continue to (respectfully) disagree with you.
I, sir or ma'am (With no gender icon to ease my confusion) used to be like you.
Yes, I, too, thought that the best thing in life was just to live by the seat of my pats, not worrying about petty things like momentary satisfaction. Because satisfaction, momentary or long-term is fleetig, and you'll be aching for it once its passed, like the ultimate drug.

I even used to hold the same views of other people. That they're all worthless, crying idiotic tears over idiotic wants and fears.
Their dog died.
Their boyfriend left them.
Oh, woe was them, poor souls without awareness that none of it matters.

If you'll excuse the slightly muddled tense and grammar, you'll note I said used to be.

What changed, you ask? Or more likely, you don't, because it doesn't matter, but you will indulge by further reading, anyway, because, hey,
what does it matter?

What changed was began to observe and talk to the people I had previously disregarded, I learned their stories.
And very few of them were crying over jerk boyfriends and dead dogs.

You see, I, like Moon_Called pointed out, have come to find that I'm made happ by making OTHER people happy.
Making other people sad or upset, or completely shocing them by ot even maintaing a thin sembalance of polite society, while mildly entertaining, does not make me happy.
I'm honest, though, don't get me wrong.
"Ma'am, since you asked, the HAT looks just like any other hat."

Yes, I think shes fat, but she didn't ask how she looks, just what I thought of the hat.

I implore you, Vic, look around, ad, through everything that does't matter, talk to some of the "worthless scum", or even better yet, allow yourself to be talked to (note: not "At" Talked to implies that you're listening) and learn their stories.
People are more complicated than I thought or you, currently, think.

As a side-note:
Yes, I respect life and I coninue to consume both dead animal and vegetable matter, because Thats My Place in the Food Chain.

@ Illiterate Scribe:
Liberal use of the Portal Gun.

@Everyone:
Please forgive the bad spelling and grammar. Because I don't have proof-reading software. Imagine that.

Victor Thorian
2008-06-26, 08:53 PM
*stuff that actually makes sense*

I thank you for your kind opinion. Yes, perhaps things will change for me as they did for you, perhaps they will become worse and I'll manage to ruin my life. I do not joke, if I were to reply to every post that differed from my own views, which I've tried to share with this community; with hatred and tears, I wouldn't be any better than people I mock ( I happen to know that I overdo that. Still, I favor absurd humor as opposed to many people and I also happen to believe Æ Dramatica is a holy book. ) in a so selfish manner.

The post itself is meant to sound like the ramblings of a mad-man ( or an idiot, for that matter ) and it's considered funny in the tiny social circle this poor soul belongs to. I have put the second one here knowing that the first one got a terrible reaction, it is what you might want to call "flashback humor".

To clear things up, the guide will continue but much to the communities joy, I won't post it here. I am not a forum troll as some have guessed, and I happen to see when my messages that the world in fact is an overrated roleplaying game; fall on deaf ears. But that hardly matters until we die, I think.

SurlySeraph
2008-06-26, 10:02 PM
Buy this. You will learn. (http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Understanding-Ethics/dp/0028643259/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214535387&sr=8-2).

DO A BARREL ROLL! Or flame the OP. Or revive this thread when the OP tries to close it. Either way, really...

Solo
2008-06-26, 10:09 PM
You must construct additional pylons.

Roland St. Jude
2008-06-27, 07:57 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Please don't call people trolls. Also, please don't try to tell others to post, not to post, or the like. If you think a post violates our rules, please use the Report Post feature and let us handle it.

BizzaroStormy
2008-06-27, 10:44 PM

The answer of course is 42. You simply take 42 steps around the whole thing and get the cake from the other end.