PDA

View Full Version : Abyssal Champion (3.5, Martial Adept PRC)

Talya
2008-06-26, 01:15 PM
Without going too deeply into the complicated fluff, in my campaign, there's an Oni-like demon named Laozar. Laozar borders on lawful evil, despite his home in the abyss. He's a guardian demon, of generally non-evil intent but brutal methods. He does what he must without hesitation, remorse or guilt, but also without sadism or eagerness...he's the ultimate in practicality. Due to his martial nature, I was trying to make a Martial PrC that's still blackguardish, but with maneuver progression. I figured, why not combine Crusader with Blackguard?

Here it is. (http://eobert.dyndns.org/~taly/Abyssal%20Champion%20of%20Laozar1.htm)

Innis Cabal
2008-06-26, 03:24 PM
eh...its not bad but i do not see a reason you couldnt have reflavored the Ruby Knight Vindicator for this

Talya
2008-06-26, 03:31 PM
eh...its not bad but i do not see a reason you couldnt have reflavored the Ruby Knight Vindicator for this

Would have required a pretty big rewrite. The RKV is a cleric-PRC that continues divine spellcasting and requires a lot of cleric stuff.

Abyssal Knight is a blackguard-based martial PRC that has no spellcasting and requires only melee capabilities.

Scaboroth
2008-06-26, 05:59 PM
I like the concept very much, Talya! The only thing that feels like it is missing, to me, is the fiendish companion. That was always one of my favorite aspects of the blackguard-as-antipaladin. Do you think that adding in the fiendish companion, maybe even at a different progression rate, would make this PrC too powerful?

Talya
2008-06-26, 06:22 PM
I like the concept very much, Talya! The only thing that feels like it is missing, to me, is the fiendish companion. That was always one of my favorite aspects of the blackguard-as-antipaladin. Do you think that adding in the fiendish companion, maybe even at a different progression rate, would make this PrC too powerful?

You could probably add it at the same progression if you take away sneak attack, and perhaps one maneuver known.