PDA

View Full Version : How did you start

Don the Bastard
2008-06-26, 06:58 PM
Just interested to know how you got started in RPGing, specifically the following:

1. What was the first system you played?

2. How did the campaign start (eg. in a tavern, mental asylum, on an airship etc.)?

3. Who were the characters in the group?

4. How old were you when you first played?

Here are my answers

1. Advanced Fighting Fantasy by Ian Livingstone.

2. In a prison with all of the characters inmates.

3. 2 Humans fighters, 1 Dwarf fighter, 1 Elf Mage and 1 Goblin Sneak.

4. 11.

THAC0
2008-06-26, 07:02 PM
1. D&D 1e

2. In a tavern, of course!

3. Let's see. There was a half-elf mage, a human ranger, a human cleric, and a half elf thief pretending to be a monk.

4. 18

-Cor-
2008-06-26, 07:20 PM
1. Rifts (Technically HeroQuest. Anyone remember that game? Look down the hallway and activate the monsters.)

2. In a safehouse in a burb of Chi-Town.

3. 3 "rescued" Psi-dogs. I rolled German Shepherd.

4. 9

Da King
2008-06-26, 07:23 PM
1. D&D 3.5

2. Just outside of a small town.

3. Dwarf Fighter, Elf Druid, Kobold Rogue, and Human Cleric.

4. 12

Glyde
2008-06-26, 07:47 PM
2e
2. How did the campaign start (eg. in a tavern, mental asylum, on an airship etc.)?
In my house. Someone needed help outside.
Solo campaign as a half-elf ranger.

RTGoodman
2008-06-26, 07:47 PM
1. D&D 3.0/3.5 (It was after 3.5 came out, but we had several 3.0 things laying around)

2. The medium-sized town we were in was threatened by Orcs, and the Lord of the town called a meeting of various people in order to shore up the number of "guards" to defend against the invasion.

3. Human Wizard (me), Halfling Rogue, Elf Druid, Elf Monk, Human Fighter. I think.

4. I don't know exactly... around 15 or 16 or so.

shadow_archmagi
2008-06-26, 07:50 PM
1. 3.5

2. In a tavern in a small town.

3. Gray Elf Wizard (me), Human Fighter, Jungle Elf Fighter. Orc barbarian who came and went too.

4. Fifteen.

Mushroom Ninja
2008-06-26, 07:54 PM
1. AD&D
2. On the open road... With dwarves!
3. Hafling rogue and Elf wizard
4. 6

Behold_the_Void
2008-06-26, 08:23 PM

A homebrew system, I cranked those things out fairly regularly when I didn't have anything else to do long before I made the connection that what I was making was what D&D was.

In a village, I think. I DMed, since I made the system myself.

A summoner and a warrior, I think.

15? Something like that.

Sonofaspectre
2008-06-26, 08:29 PM
2nd Edition Ravenloft

My character was hired by Hyde Drakul and met him at his mansion.

Haplo the Charming, Half-Elf Bard; Hyde Drakul, Human Arcanist; Arkas, Human Transmuter

Oh, dear lord ... 10? 11? Right around there.

Falconer Lombar
2008-06-26, 08:33 PM
1.) Homebrew of Freeform and DnD 3.5
2.) Waking outside a white cottage.
3.) An advanced alien brought to middle-age technology by another alien race (ME! Made a short story about the backstory and everything :smallbiggrin:) A somewhat wizardy person, a blacksmith, and a townsleader.
4.) About 3 months younger than I currently am :smallredface:

Still playing it!

martyboy74
2008-06-26, 08:34 PM
1. AD&D
2. In a forest, en route to a town (?)
3. Human Wizard, halfling rogue, and others that I can't remember
4. 9-10

How many people started above the age of 18? (Excluding people who started when the original came out)

Solo
2008-06-26, 08:37 PM
I started at the very beginning
A very good place to start.

alchemyprime
2008-06-26, 08:37 PM
Just interested to know how you got started in RPGing, specifically the following:

Here are my answers

1. Advanced Fighting Fantasy by Ian Livingstone.

2. In a prison with all of the characters inmates.

3. 2 Humans fighters, 1 Dwarf fighter, 1 Elf Mage and 1 Goblin Sneak.

4. 11.

1. A homebrew system. I made it myself. Everyone had a home region, a race, two classes and a job.
2. At a home base.
3. Lets see...

Occidental Nus (Human) Bard/Gunman Entreprenuer
Occidental Xoxa (Giant) Warrior/Samurai Bodyguard
Oriental Kao (Neanderthal) Gunman/Barbarian Bodyguard
Gelugian (Northern) Gninnug (Elf)Blue Mage (Crymancer)/White Mage (Cleric) Merchant
Fairy Paladin/Red Mage (Pyromancer) Priest

4. I think I was 11 or 12

BizzaroStormy
2008-06-26, 08:39 PM
1. D&D 3.5 Starter Game

2. In Village X just outside the dungeon.

3. Regdar, Lidda, Tordek, Aramil

4. 14 or 15.

Collin152
2008-06-26, 08:55 PM
I started at the very beginning

And when you got to the end... stopped.

Flickerdart
2008-06-26, 09:09 PM
Ah, our own individual start of darkness? Very well.

D&D 3.5, in a tournament against some halflings, a bunch of pathetic lowlifes, 15.

kirbsys
2008-06-26, 09:12 PM
An odd mix of HeroQuest and AD&D. My friend and I stumbled across an old box of pewter minis while digging in his garage and came up with a kind of system based of the AD&D games he had played with his older brothers and the HeroQuest I had played with my Dad. We used the natural terrain of my grandma's house as our map.

In the middle of a deserted field where I was camping. I got ambushed by barbarians.

Me plus whoever I could find and convince to join me as I adventured.

Err... it was during the summer between Fifth and Sixth grade... so 12 or 13 I think.

Szilard
2008-06-26, 09:23 PM
1)My friends version of 3.5
2)In a tavern, in a line applying for an adventure. (Think OtooPCs, we had miniatures for everyone in line.:smalltongue:)
3)Poison dusk lizardfolk "Rogue.", Hobgoblin Fighter, Blue Goblin Wizard, Force Golem Cleric.
4)13

Wyvern_55
2008-06-26, 09:34 PM

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons first edition.

We were heading back homeward on a caravan.

let's see...
Half Elf Fighter/Thief named Lorromar (my very first character, awww)
Human Fighter named Tristam
An Elven Cleric named 'Fawn'
A Human wizard named 'Spear'
And an NPC Half Elf named Kefka Elrithson

wow...I must have been...eight? somewhere around then.

This is the first real session I played, even before this, my Dad showed me the game when he had it out after a game. I must have been 5 or 6. I remember I got to play 'the blue guy' a figurine representing a human wizard in blue robes...and there was a female character in purple robes...she was killed by an arrow trap....this was still in first edition.

Ahh memories.

TheEmerged
2008-06-26, 09:45 PM

1> Dungeons & Dragons. If I remember right it was the 'blue box' but you could buy AD&D at the time (I remember my childhood rather vividly, but get the years & order things happened mixed up). I've actually played far more HERO and GURPS than anything else.

2> Shipwreck. Rather than buying our equipment, the DM gave us a pile of loot we (the survivors) found on the beach. I'm planning to start our 4th edition campaign the same way for nostalgia reasons.

3> I was a thief. Yes, a first edition thief :P He later became a fighter/magic user/thief when we discovered you could make such things. I recreated him in Pool of Radiance (the Gold Box games) and played him through that whole series (painfully, in the last couple).

4> Either 9 or 10, in 1979 or 1980. We're in the library of my elementary school. It was one of those days toward the end of the school year where they let you basically have day-long recess if your grades were up to a certain level. It rained, and one of the guys had played this neat game at his last boy scout meeting and bought the first box at KMart.

Burrito
2008-06-26, 09:45 PM
D&D, the boxed set that was red, with the guy facing off against the red dragon on the pile of gold. That was hmmm.... mid to late '80s when it was given to my bother by his friend.

Those stupid Carrion Crawlers on the first few levels were a pain.

We had a cleric a fighter and a thief.

I was in my early to mid teens.

Once I learned this system exited I was able to get a first edition set of AD&D PHB, DMG and MM at a rummage sale for like $2. Still have them too, they are indestructable!

Good times...

rankrath
2008-06-26, 09:48 PM
1: 2e, about one month after 3e hit the market.

2: In a prison, during a riot.
(modeled on the french revolution)

3: wizard (me), and paladin (my sister)

4: eight.

Grommen
2008-06-26, 10:00 PM
Started 1st ed about 20 years ago in a basement not too far away from where I live now. The first adventure was "Tomb of the Lizard King". The party got hired to find the tomb and root out the lizard men inside. I didn't begin in a tavern (though we always do now). And I played the entire party of six or seven characters. Never managed to find the lizard king. My favorite character from the bunch turned out to be a fighter/mage and he went on to found a religion and become a god (ahh the good ole days).

And I still have the character sheets typed up on a TRS-80 Color 3 computer and dot matrix printer (those of you chuckling right now...remember your just as old) :)

Samakain
2008-06-26, 10:03 PM
1. What was the first system you played
1e

2. How did the campaign start
Tavern, wow cliche is cliche

Human Magic-User (me) Human Fighter (me) Half Elf Bard (1e bard, the awsome kind). Dwarvern Cleric

like..12?

Albonor
2008-06-26, 10:32 PM
1. I dont remeber the exact name, it was published in the same format as the books where you are the hero so: lands of legends?

2. On the road to the capitol

3. Two knights

4. 7?

Zeta Kai
2008-06-26, 10:35 PM
2nd Edition AD&D

My character was an apprentice spending the first day with her mentor, in his house in the woods. The "campaign" ended that very same session, when my DM put my 1st-level character up against a basilisk alone. I never played with him again, & years later I picked up 3rd Edition to see if "they fixed the game." They had, but it didn't take long to figure out that I wasn't a bad player, I had a sadistic DM.

Valya Darxitan, a Half-Elf thief (what else?), campaigning alone, may she rest in piece. In almost every campaign I run, if there's a path through the woods, there's always a statue of a young woman standing on the side of the trail, looking confused.

15 years old, so... 1996?

Thrud
2008-06-26, 10:38 PM

1. The very first ever D&D. The version that came in the 3 little white books.

2. Heh, it started in a tavern, of course. :smallbiggrin:

3. Lets see. I believe we had a Dwarf, a Fighting man, an Elf and a Hobbit. And yes, back then those were actually classes. And yes, back then they were called Hobbits. And it used Chainmail as the combat system. Bleech. When the World of Greyhawk (hmm, something like that, anyway, it was about 40 years ago, give me a break) supplement came out it introduced its own combat system and D&D as we know it was born. edit - o.k. 34. Not quite as bad as I thought.

4. Hmm, lets see. I must have been around 8 or 9. And I only got to play because my mother insisted that my brother include me in the game. I made the fighting man. I died within 30 minutes, but saved the rest of the group doing it. And after that they didn't have a problem with me playing any more, even though they were all around 12 or 13. As I recall the rest of the group died on the way back out of the dungeon. Yeah, it was pretty deadly at the beginning.

The Necroswanso
2008-06-26, 10:39 PM
1. 3.0

2. Tavern. However even then I kenw how cliche it was.

3. A barbarian, a wizard, a cleric, an ranger, and me the paladin.

4. 16

monty
2008-06-26, 10:43 PM
3.5, a premade campaign (don't remember which one).

I joined mid-game.

Dwarf fighter, halfling rogue, elf ranger, human cleric (me).

Hawriel
2008-06-26, 10:45 PM
Funny thing is I started 4 different games all round the same time. I had two groups my high school friends and some guys I met who owned a gaming store called the War Zone.

My high school friends had fits and starts of Star Wars and Vampire, we finaly had a few months going in rifts. Dont remember how they started or what ever. I just remember my rift character, he was a cyborg wolf space cop. His headbut did mega damage.

I cound my first real game with my friends from the War Zone. I got into battletech when I first whent there. Then they invited me to play AD&D. Afew months after that we started Shadowrun.

AD&D:
I started in a jail cell. Seeing as Quintin was a thief there might have been a lagit reason for being in a jail cell. He promtly poped the lock with his belt buckle and beat the holey crap out of the paladin pulling guard duty.

The party (damn trying to remember)
Quintin a Thief (my character) Richard the befor mentioned paladin charged to go on the quest I was sentinced to for letting me brake out. Brolen Ironforge dwarven cleric, a gnome wildmage who died in are first fight. You can guess how. A drow ranger who later betrayed the party wile we where stuck in ravenloft. Shortly after the gnome died another guy joined the group. He played a Half elf female cleric/mage. Who went afew nights with out a name until we finaly used the name of a playboy center fold, Kia.

Shadowrun:

Victor Drake a ganger in Detoit
He first started working for the owner of Harpo's Theater. Its a heavy metal theater in detroit. It has a bar. Q an elven mage. A redneck dont remmeber the name. There was one other charcter that was a streetsam. Dont remmember their names, they didnt live long. One of are first jobs was to guard the daughter of a local mob boss. Vic took an axe that split his coller bone and nicked his aorta. Lucky the mage got to him quick wile the ork with an axe was chased off by the other two. That was the start of a very on and off again intence relation ship with the mob bosses daughter. The axe was ment for her. Vic pushed her out of the way.

Well I was 16. I lost touch my my school friends during highschool. However two of the guys I met from the War Zone are like brothers till this day. They are 5 years older than me.

Ned the undead
2008-06-26, 11:38 PM
1. DnD.

2. First real experience was a tournement I was invited to by two guys I met while teching a play.

3. I didn't fight everyone so I can't remember everyone.
Human Warlock (me), Human Druid, 2 Human Wizards, Raptoran Dread necro/Hexblade (evil phb2 familar variant), Half-orc(?) fighter.

4. 17

Fhaolan
2008-06-27, 12:24 AM
- D&D, the first one with the white booklets that looked like they came off a old-time gestetner.

- I vaguely remember starting by falling into a pit, which turned out to be the dungeon. I could be wrong with this, as it was a long time ago.

- Peter D'Arc, Fighting Man (played by me)
- Brother Cannon, Cleric (played by my Dad)
- Twist, Elf (played by my Uncle, who was also DM)

- 8, and just for reference that was 32 years ago. :smallsmile:

loopy
2008-06-27, 12:38 AM
D&D 3.5

On a rickety wagon, heading into a village. Of course, being relatively Genre Savvy, I headed straight for the closest tavern anyway.

Human Rogue (me, the only character still alive and knowing our original mission)
Dwarf Fighter (since deceased, player now uses a Dwarf Cleric)
Elf Warlock (deceased, player used a Paladin then unfortunately had to move away)
Gnome Barbarian (player had to leave the group, so he was captured by a red dragon. We'll get around to rescuing him one day)

4. How old were you when you first played? 19, last year.

Helgraf
2008-06-27, 02:36 AM

Red Box D&D (at least, I think it was red box. It was like .. 18 years ago)

2. How did the campaign start (eg. in a tavern, mental asylum, on an airship etc.)? Hmmm. Wasn't really a campaign at the start. More like episodic content.

3. Who were the characters in the group? Well, I recall the human fighter salome. I recall playing an elf. I don't remember really the rest, as mom and sister lost interest, and brothers were too young at the time.

4. How old were you when you first played? 8.

Honestly, I remember more from a little later on. The last game I ever played in run by my father ... I was a halfling fighter/thief (AD&D 1st ed); trying to escape a maze (the alternative was working in the wizard's mines until you died. Not a whole lot of options there) ... a giant frog swallowed my character before I could sever its tongue.

I began running my first game somewhere around age 14. I figure maybe a year or two had passed since the last time I'd played. This one started technically in a tavern - but the tavern was in the middle of a dungeon, so that was a bit of a twist on the standard take. I recall a couple of teleport circle things I'd used, and a couple of blatant tolkein ripoff moments (including a wizard v. demon duel that I sort of described happening in background (didn't bother to roll dice for it), that eventually both vanished. Players never did find out where those two ended up.

Matthew
2008-06-27, 04:58 AM

Hero Quest, followed by Advanced Hero Quest, and eventually Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

I think it starts in the chambers of the mentor of the characters, who then sends them on a quest. Effectively, though, it starts at the dungeon door.

Barbarian, Wizard, Elf, and Dwarf. They were all eventually converted to Advanced Hero Quest and WHFRP (though between AHQ and WHFRP we had access to WHFRP supplements for which we made up many rules).

Either eleven or twelve.

nagora
2008-06-27, 05:15 AM
OD&D - little brown books, no suppliments.

At the door of the dungeon, specifically Fortress Badabaskor.

Not sure, probably all (meaning 2: me and a friend with me DMing as well as playing) fighters as we had not worked out the magic rules yet.

12ish.

Totally Guy
2008-06-27, 06:35 AM

The tavern, I think, someone had kobolds in their house.

This was at the UK meetup.
I was Rungler the Rogue
Jonsom_Xire was the fighter
Archonic Energy was the sorceror
And we had Dark_Dork's little Brother as the cleric variant.

I was 23, so I've been playing for a year now. I never knew anyone into it until I found gitp.

SoD
2008-06-27, 06:56 AM
1. 3.5e. The first and only one I've played.

2. We were in a town, and promtly went into the tavern.

3. Myself (Elanish Elan Lurk), a half-elf rogue, half-orc barbarian (he proposed to the half-elf...gave her a someone elses hand in marriage...a hack off hand wih a ring on it), a human dread necromancer, and a humn paladin. And, not long after, a DMPC human bard.

4. How old were you when you first played? Sweet sixteen. And god help the DM, I was all hyped up on sugar and caffeine. My antics were...memorable. Until I was killed...

Jimbob
2008-06-27, 07:06 AM
1) AD&D 2nd edition

2) We started on a boat (badly maded out of a cardboard cut out) and defended it against pirates

3) A human fighter (me), halfling rouge, human cleric and a dwarf wizard

4) I was 11 when I first played so ive been playing for 11 years how time flys when your having fun :smallsmile:

kladams707
2008-06-27, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE=Don the Bastard;4500727]Just interested to know how you got started in RPGing, specifically the following:

2e D&D

We all met at a fork in the road.

Druid (only non-human humanoid in the party, I think she was a half-elf, though I'm not sure), wizard, paladin, thief(me), and a ranger.

18 or 19

ghost_warlock
2008-06-27, 10:07 AM

1. OD&D

2. Locked in a dungeon as slave labor.

3. My human thief and a friend of mine's human fighter. We were also accompanied by an NPC fighter for the first adventure.

4. 12.

Eran of Arcadia
2008-06-27, 11:03 AM
Not counting Hero Quest (my friends and I spent more time making up characters, items, spells, etc. than actually playing) or LARPing (when you are a kid they don't give a special name to making weapons out of cardboard tubes and duct tape) I have played exactly one session of an RPG ever.

1. Star Wars d6. it may have had a different name, but that is what it was. The "Black Ice" module I believe.

2. At the entrance to an Imperial base we were infiltrating.

3. I don't remember, there were 4 or 5 others, none of whom had ever played before; I was a pilot of some sort, which combined with some ridiculous rolls at the end allowed us to escape the mess we made with slightly less DM fiat than otherwise would have been necessary.

4. 12 or 13; it was at a Boy Scout campout and a troop leader (who played regularly) was the DM. It was a shame we never finished the campaign, and that for various reasons I have never gone back to playing RPGs except on a computer.

PnP Fan
2008-06-27, 02:15 PM
OD&D (red boxed set)

Walking in a caravan in a desert.

got me, been so long, i've forgotten.

12 or 13 years.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-27, 02:27 PM
3.5e
At a square.
Hmm, this is hard to remember. I had a human druid. My brother a warmage, friend a barbarian and second friend a cleric. I think. And my aunt Dm'ed the game.
DnD runs in the family.

Innis Cabal
2008-06-27, 02:29 PM
2nd Ed.

At a tavern, pretty typical

Most of them were older gents from the game store that let me in. Dont remember the class's but i was a rogue

Skyserpent
2008-06-27, 02:30 PM
1. Mutants and Masterminds 1e
2.In front of the Hall of Justice.
3. An Ice elemental warrior and a Cybernetic enhanced Ninja.
4. 14

Telonius
2008-06-27, 03:10 PM
A thoroughly homebrewed system called Realms of Arda. It was based in an AOL chatroom. Mainly freeform with minimal dice.

It wasn't a campaign, per se. It was set in 4th Age (i.e. after LOTR) Middle Earth.

The last time I played it was ... wow, eight or nine years ago, so I'm probably forgetting about half of the regulars.
- Quenambar, my Wizard (minor enough of a wizard not to be mentioned in the Silmarillion)
- Luindil, another Wizard (same)
- Luthien, reincarnation of the famous namesake
- Beleg, human named after the famous elf.
- Celestria, an elf Lady
- Celethil, an elf Lord
- About fifteen different Dwarves played by a single guy
- Lily Brandybuck, a hobbit (especially dangerous with an iron frying pan)
- Ranamond, a human spy
- Bronwen, a human fighter
- Dayin, an elf

Sixteen.

Ghoulglum
2008-06-27, 03:25 PM
It was a diceless version of Basic D&D blue box. The game didn’t come with dice back then.

It was a classic dungeon crawl.

I can’t remember now. It was quite a long time ago. But, I think we were mostly fighters & thieves.

4. How old were you when you first played? 11

Tsadrin
2008-06-27, 03:32 PM

D&D (Moldvay Editon).

On the road leading up to the Keep on the Borderlands. My older step-sister was the DM.

I played a Fighter. My other step-sister played an Elf.

I was nine.

de-trick
2008-06-27, 03:37 PM
D&D 3.5
well, my group had a campagn started already, so I sorta poped in from nowhere in the middle of a castle
me dwarf fighter, dwarf barbarian, elf druid, half-elf arcane archer, and a human ninja

Timeras
2008-06-27, 04:26 PM
1. Shadowrun 2nd edition
2. Started in a Bar in Seattle
3. 2 Mages, one Rigger and one Decker
4. 17

Grommen
2008-06-27, 08:41 PM
I cound my first real game with my friends from the War Zone. I got into battletech when I first whent there. Then they invited me to play AD&D. Afew months after that we started Shadowrun.

AD&D:
I started in a jail cell. Seeing as Quintin was a thief there might have been a lagit reason for being in a jail cell. He promtly poped the lock with his belt buckle and beat the holey crap out of the paladin pulling guard duty.

The party (damn trying to remember)
Quintin a Thief (my character) Richard the befor mentioned paladin charged to go on the quest I was sentinced to for letting me brake out. Brolen Ironforge dwarven cleric, a gnome wildmage who died in are first fight. You can guess how. A drow ranger who later betrayed the party wile we where stuck in ravenloft. Shortly after the gnome died another guy joined the group. He played a Half elf female cleric/mage. Who went afew nights with out a name until we finaly used the name of a playboy center fold, Kia.

It should be noted that Quintin began the fight with a swift kick to the Palidain's groin (we'll keep it PC here). From that point on the palidian was never called by his name, just refered to as the dude that got kicked in the %%$#$# by Quintin. Reduced a perfectly good Palidian to comic relief on the first gameing night.

Quintin begins many of his epic battles in the same fashion even at 20+ levels.

Helgraf
2008-06-28, 01:44 AM
A thoroughly homebrewed system called Realms of Arda. It was based in an AOL chatroom. Mainly freeform with minimal dice.

It wasn't a campaign, per se. It was set in 4th Age (i.e. after LOTR) Middle Earth.

The last time I played it was ... wow, eight or nine years ago, so I'm probably forgetting about half of the regulars.
- Quenambar, my Wizard (minor enough of a wizard not to be mentioned in the Silmarillion)
- Luindil, another Wizard (same)
- Luthien, reincarnation of the famous namesake
- Beleg, human named after the famous elf.
- Celestria, an elf Lady
- Celethil, an elf Lord
- About fifteen different Dwarves played by a single guy
- Lily Brandybuck, a hobbit (especially dangerous with an iron frying pan)
- Ranamond, a human spy
- Bronwen, a human fighter
- Dayin, an elf

Sixteen.

Arda ... that rings foggy bells. Durston?

Swordguy
2008-06-28, 01:52 AM
Basic D&D boxed set (1977 edition)

Tavern.

Hell if I remember (see below). I played a dwarf fighter (Gimli Ironhand), and my brother played an elf wizard. My cousins had PCs as well, but I don't recall them.

5. Why do you think I don't remember much about it? My uncle worked for TSR, and gave us the boxed sets for Christmas, and ran our first campaign during our 2-week holiday stay at my grandparents.

Dan_Hemmens
2008-06-28, 09:09 AM
Advanced Fighting Fantasy, the pregenned characters from the back of the book, with the starting scenario from the same.

I can't remember how old I was.

DemonSlayer
2008-06-28, 09:33 AM
D&D 3.5.

It started with all of us getting off a boat, meeting at the docks.

Well, this changed a LOT over the course of a year... We started out with a dwarf barbarian, an elf ranger and a human sorcerer (me!).
Later, we were joined by a halfling cleric and a human paladin, followed by a half-elf bard. That bard soon died (naturally) and was replaced by a human rogue.
Then the dwarf barbarian left, followed by the elven ranger, making my character the only one who had accepted the original quest we were on.

I believe I had just turned 21.

John Campbell
2008-06-28, 01:52 PM

D&D (Moldvay Editon).

On the road leading up to the Keep on the Borderlands. My older step-sister was the DM.
Hey, same here. Except my older brother was the DM.

25 years on, I don't remember the other characters (I barely remember the other players), but mine was a Fighter with an 18 Strength (rolled using the "3d6, six times, in order" method!). We later converted to AD&D, and I rolled the percentile dice for his exceptional strength... and got 00s.

Seven or eight.

Jerthanis
2008-06-28, 02:01 PM
West End Games' Star Wars d6 system

In a cantina ;)

A bounty hunter, a wannabe jedi, and a smuggler, all humans.