PDA

View Full Version : [4E]Forced Movement Question

TSGames
2008-06-27, 11:26 AM
I've been running a 4E campaign for a few weeks now, and it feels like the group is really getting the hang of it. However, there's something I can't seem to find in the rules about forced movement. What happens if forced movement makes a creature end its move in an ally's or enemies square? Any help would be appreciated.

RTGoodman
2008-06-27, 11:58 AM
Well, simply put, I don't think forced movement can make a creature end its move in an occupied square, except in some specific instances.

Clear Path: Forced movement can't move a target into a space it couldn't enter by walking. The target can't be forced into an obstacle or made to squeeze into a space.

And according to the actual section on movement into others' squares.

Moving Through Occupied Squares
Ending Movement: You can end your movement in an ally's square only if the ally is prone. You can end you movement in an enemy's square only if the enemy is helpless.

So if the ally in the square isn't prone, or the enemy in the square isn't helpless, the forced movement makes the target stop before it enters that square. If the ally is prone (or the enemy helpless), then the forced movement works as normal.