PDA

View Full Version : The Visitor

VForVaarsuvius
2008-06-27, 12:06 PM
So the Oracle is having an 'Important Visitor flying in soon'?

Does anyone else think it's plot-important? If so, who is it? Will roy and/or us get to see it?

\V/

SPoD
2008-06-27, 12:15 PM
:xykon:

Minimum word count.

Fitzclowningham
2008-06-27, 01:29 PM
:sabine:?

Tsukiko?

Ninja
2008-06-27, 01:34 PM
i find it unlikely that anyone from Team Evil or Linear Guild is that important to the Oracle... maybe its the boss of those lizrdy guys..... or maybe he was just luying to Roy to get him out of there....

Tingel
2008-06-27, 02:14 PM

Tsukiko?

The kobold with the purple hat said that he doesn't want a dead mammal to mess up his appointment with the important client. Xykon himself is a dead mammal and Tsukiko likes (as in "likes-likes") dead mammals, so their arrival seems highly unlikely considering the kobold's choice of words.

It sounds to me as if the client shares the oracle's low opinion about mammals. So I suspect the flying client to be a dragon.

The Extinguisher
2008-06-27, 02:57 PM
Dragon or something along those lines. There's more to the oracle then meets the eye.

Plus, he's a client that would see Roy, so he's obviously something important.

David Argall
2008-06-27, 03:10 PM
We already know the Oracle to have had a large number of plot-unimportant visitors. He does this for a living. 330 implies he gives several oracles a day, possibly a thousand a year.

So the odds are high this visitor is of no interest to us.

Ninja
2008-06-27, 03:11 PM
Plus, he's a client that would see Roy, so he's obviously something important.

it isnt sure if he would see Roy. Oracle would however and im sure that the Oracle doesn't want tRoy floatin around. on the other hand, maybe he would see Roy, which would mean he's somewhat of a boss to the Oracle or something like that...... as i said it might be the boss of those lizardy guys....

Borris
2008-06-27, 05:17 PM
I'd say any random chromatic dragon. It flies, and it's important - even moreso for a follower of Tiamat. And I doubt we'll ever get to see who it as. The oracle's business with third parties is really of little importance to the OotS story.

But stay tuned for the spin-off Valley of the Oracle comic coming this august, where we follow the everyday adventures of a sharp-witted oracle of Tiamat who can't seem to keep his experts levels, and that of the other reptilian inhabitants of Lickmyorangeballshalfling.

Logalmier
2008-06-27, 06:37 PM
The Druid that he mentioned in the previous comic, he'd be flying in bird form.
(How would we know how far away March 26, 1187 is? It could be that very day for all we know.):smalltongue:

Chronos
2008-06-27, 06:58 PM
(How would we know how far away March 26, 1187 is? It could be that very day for all we know.)The current year in the comic is 1184, and the month is probably sometime around September. Roy died in early 1184 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0489.html) and spent a few months in Heaven before he started watching Earthly matters again, and in the time he's been watching Earthly matters, Kazumi has gone from 8 weeks pregnant (and flat-bellied) to visibly showing, suggesting another month or two that he's been watching. So the Oracle isn't due to get chewed up for another few years yet.

TigerHunter
2008-06-27, 07:54 PM
He's desperate to get Roy out of the way, even though only he can see Roy. Ergo, he must want privacy.

He refers to Roy as a mammal, implying that his visitor is non-mammalian.

Conclusion: there's a very special lady kobold coming to visit him. :smallwink:

Logalmier
2008-06-27, 08:18 PM
The current year in the comic is 1184, and the month is probably sometime around September. Roy died in early 1184 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0489.html) and spent a few months in Heaven before he started watching Earthly matters again, and in the time he's been watching Earthly matters, Kazumi has gone from 8 weeks pregnant (and flat-bellied) to visibly showing, suggesting another month or two that he's been watching. So the Oracle isn't due to get chewed up for another few years yet.

Ah, I just read the timeline. Thanks for correcting me.

An Enemy Spy
2008-06-27, 08:32 PM
Conclusion: there's a very special lady kobold coming to visit him. :smallwink:

I've always wondered how lizards did it

TigerHunter
2008-06-27, 08:54 PM
I've always wondered how lizards did it
He mentions "scoring" in an earlier strip.

Dire Platypus
2008-07-03, 11:17 AM

Minimum word count.

120% right, I believe...