PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Water walk and your feet

Kd7sov
2008-06-27, 12:39 PM
According to the spell description, the spell Water Walk allows the target to walk on liquids because "the subjects' feet hover an inch or two above the surface." Does this mean that, for instance, items such as Slippers of Spider Climbing and most of the Boots can't be used, because they don't touch the floor?

The real reason I ask is that I recently got Sandstorm from the library. Said book includes the Ashworm Dragoon prestige class, which involves riding the ashworm, which - among other things - can climb up sheer walls. So I want to know if it's possible to have a Water Walking ashworm go straight up a waterfall.

Chronicled
2008-06-27, 12:44 PM
For a moment, I thought someone else had the same idea as me of water-filled shoes and Water Walk. Of course, the general consensus is that it doesn't work. :smallsigh:

Keld Denar
2008-06-27, 12:51 PM
For a moment, I thought someone else had the same idea as me of water-filled shoes and Water Walk. Of course, the general consensus is that it doesn't work. :smallsigh:

Man, Chronicled, that's almost as bad as the guy I knew who wanted to fill his shoes with dirt so he'd never be deprived of his ability to use Earth Spell while flying.

Creative, and creatively shot down in flames (that were on fire!).

Chronicled
2008-06-27, 01:21 PM
Man, Chronicled, that's almost as bad as the guy I knew who wanted to fill his shoes with dirt so he'd never be deprived of his ability to use Earth Spell while flying.

Creative, and creatively shot down in flames (that were on fire!).

Oh, I hadn't planned to use it to mimic a Levitation spell--it's not controllable enough for that (unless you had some really cool boots). I wanted to use it in conjunction with Create Water in an enemy's boots to send foes sky high. :smallbiggrin: And yes, it was an awful idea.

Your example made me laugh.

Edit: Kd7sov, I'm not entirely sure myself, but you really should be asking this in the FAQ thread.

Person_Man
2008-06-27, 01:23 PM
The real reason I ask is that I recently got Sandstorm from the library. Said book includes the Ashworm Dragoon prestige class, which involves riding the ashworm, which - among other things - can climb up sheer walls. So I want to know if it's possible to have a Water Walking ashworm go straight up a waterfall.

I'm guessing that a DM would allow it, because it would just be that awesome.

Also, Ashworm Dragoon is a great PrC in general - but if you're going to be playing it at ECL 15+, be sure to be a Paladin, so that your Ashworm's gains your Paladin mount benefits (more HD, shared saves, improved speed, the ability to take Paladin Mount feats like Celestial Mount, etc) and continues to have its HD and abilities progress.