PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Neutronium Golem battle (character help)

Enlong
2008-06-27, 06:48 PM
OK, so me and my group have decided to do something completely crazy, and take on a Neutronium Golem. For this fight (taking place tomorrow), we're making 1 level 100 character each. Now, I am accepting the fact taht I'll probably be superfluous in thsi fight, since my friend informs me that he's made a level 100 Wizard with an epic spell that he says will take out the Golem in a round, with an Anti-Osmium Bomb in reserve. Even so, I'm going to make a character that can, at least, survive whatever the golem throws at me, and I need the forum's help.

What I've got so far is this: Since my friend is going Wizard, I'm going Psion. Specifically a Psion 90/ Psion Uncarnate 10. At level 10 of Uncarnate, I become incorporeal and weightless. Our DM for the battle is physicsy, so we're fairly sure he'll accept that being weightless makes me immune to the golem's gravitic aura. Next, I have a Ring of Universal Energy Immunity (or just Fire) to become immune to the Golem's heat aura and X-rays. And for good measure, I'm going to be a Lich, and use the method of phylactery protection I outline and improve in the thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82133). I'm going to have a Golembane Scarab, so that if I need to use weapons for whatever reason, I can bypass the Golem's DR.

Past this point, I'm stumped. I need the forum's help to make this character. I may have missed some forms of attack that I need to guard against, and I've no clue what Powers or Feats to take. So, I want your help, forum. Cheese below pun-pun level is acceptable (the CR IS OVER 9000! after all) and if I need to change my levels of Psion for something better, fine.

Arbitrarity
2008-06-27, 07:00 PM
Lol, he better have an epic spell without SR.
I found stats here. (http://www.tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=48681&start=30)
Neutronium Golem
"Neutraliser"
Large Construct
Hit Dice: 250d1000+1,310,720 (1,560,720 hp)
Initiative: +79
Speed: Fly 5,621,108,587 ft. (perfect) (1,124,221,717 squares)
Armor Class: 2223 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +80 gravitic mastery, +2135 natural),
touch 88, flat-footed 2223
Base Attack/Grapple: +187/+525
Attack: Slam +520 melee (30,720d10+246, average 169,206)
Full Attack: 2 slams +520 melee (30,720d10+246)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Gravitic aura, heat aura, pulsed x-ray, starquake.
Special Qualities: Accretion, construct traits, damage reduction 1500/-,
darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 1500, gravitic mastery, immunity to magic,
low-light vision, magnetar, superluminal, unearthly construction
Saves: Fort +163. Ref +162, Will +163
Abilities: Str 502 (+246), Dex 9, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 1
Environment: Outer space
Organization: Solitary or patrol (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 9721
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 251-499 HD (Large), 500-999 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: -

A ball of blistering heat surrounding this automaton is palpable. At its center
you can discern a dark grey humanoid shape, only slightly taller than a human,
but proportionally built like a stocky dwarf. The surface of the figure is featureless,
in fact it seems to bubble and ripple as if constantly boiling.

Neutronium golems are immensely powerful constructs fashioned
from the super-dense material of a neutron star, sometimes known as
death stars. These juggernauts were created by the time lords, who refer
to the golems as neutralisers, for the purpose of defending the borders
between the higher and lower dimensions. Those who leave the confines
of their own universe and attempt to enter another are usually intercepted
by one or more of these extra-cosmic automatons. Very rarely, neutronium
golems will themselves enter lower dimensional space at the behest of
their creators to counteract some perceived threat. In these scenarios, the
golems could be likened to cosmic scalpels, with the universe as the
patient to be operated on.
Neutronium golems stand 8 feet tall, 7 feet broad and some 6 feet deep.
They weigh approximately 5,000,000,000,000 tons (effectively
10,000,000,000,000,000 pounds). Their unfeasibly high density gives them
+32 Virtual Size Categories.
Neutronium golems do not speak.

COMBAT
Neutronium golems are all but invincible opponents and generally
powerful enough to deal with even multiple cosmic level threats, or at
the very least delay them until a time lord arrives to investigate the
disturbance. Even approaching a neutronium golem is hazardous for all
but the most resilient opponents. Those struck by their powerful fists are
often exploded with a single punch, their remains briefly decorating the
neutronium golem before being incinerated and crushed to infinitesimal
fragments by the unrelenting heat and gravity. A typical punch (averaging
169,206 damage), is fully capable of destroying a planet (an Earth sized
planet would have roughly 80,000 hit points).
Accretion (Ex): Anyone striking the neutronium golem must make a
Strength check (DC 381) to be able to retrieve their weapon (or appendage)
from the automaton’s surface following each and every attack. The save
DC for this ability is Strength-based.
Damage Reduction (Ex): Neutronium has a natural hardness of 1500.
Fast Healing (Ex): The immense gravitational energy of the
neutronium golem binds it together allowing it to naturally heal 1500 hit
points per round.
Gravitic Aura (Ex): The great mass of the neutronium golem causes
gravitic disturbances within the localised area. Table G-1: Neutronium
Golem Gravitic Aura; details the myriad effects of this ability. The save
DC is Strength-based.

TABLE G-1: NEUTRONIUM GOLEM GRAVITIC AURA
Radius hp damage* Death Unconscious Stunning
20 feet 10% DC 461 - -
60 feet 2% DC 461 - -
200 feet - - DC 461 -
600 feet - - - DC 461

*Your maximum hit points are reduced by this amount each round.
Gravitic Mastery (Su): The neutronium golem is not subject to gravity
including its own. It can control the ebb and flow of its own gravity, giving
it a +80 elemental mastery bonus to its: armor class; attack rolls; checks
(ability checks); difficulty class (for any special abilities); initiative and
saving throws.
Heat Aura (Ex): The area surrounding this nuclear battery radiates
intense, blistering heat. Table G-2: Neutronium Golem Heat Aura; details
the damage experienced at different ranges.

TABLE G-2: NEUTRONIUM GOLEM HEAT AURA
Radius Divine Fire Damage
20 miles 62d1000 (average 31,031)
60 miles 15d1000 (average 7507)
200 miles 3d1000 (average 1501)
600 miles 1d1000 (average 500)

Immunity to Magic (Su): Neutronium golems are immune to all
spells and spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance.
Magnetar (Ex): Once the neutronium golem has identified a target
for termination the two beings are inextricably linked and the neutronium
golem can follow it anywhere. Treat as spell stowaway attuned to any
magical methods of movement.
Pulsed X-Ray (Su): The neutronium golem can emit a pulsed x-ray
each round as a free action. This wave targets everything within a range of
1000 miles. Those within the area of effect also suffer 125d1000 divine
fire damage (average 62,562).
Starquake (Ex): The death throes of the neutronium golem result in a
cosmic conflagration much akin to a miniature supernova. Table G-3:
Neutronium Golem Death Throes; details the amount of damage. Blast
damage should be treated as bludgeoning damage. The effect is roughly
equivalent to 150 petatons of TNT.

TABLE G-3: NEUTRONIUM GOLEM DEATH THROES
Radius Disintigration Fireball Blast Radiation*
140 miles DC 135 1400d6 2000d6 200
330 miles - 1400d6 2000d6 200
1000 miles - - 2000d6 200
1500 miles - - 200d6 20
2000 miles - - 20d6 2
2500 miles - - 2d6 -
*Ability damage to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution.

Superluminal (Ex): Neutronium golems travel at the speed of light.
This gives them a speed of 5,621,108,587 feet, the equivalent of 106,460
miles per round.
Unearthly Construction (Ex): These golems are fashioned by time
lords and similarly powerful beings. These cosmic constructs use d1000s
for Hit Dice and have maximum hit points per Hit Die.

CONSTRUCTION
A neutronium golem’s body is created from the heart of a neutron star.
Conjuring the body requires a DC 9721 Spellcraft check.
CL 9721st; Craft Construct, disintegrate, fireball, geas/quest, poison, reverse
gravity, wish. Caster must be at least 9721st-level; Price 1,939,000,000 gp,
Cost 969,500,000 gp + 77,560,000 XP.

Basically, you need SR: No and PR: No. Only.

Also, you are COMPLETELY SCREWED if this were played by the rules. You basically need to abuse everything you can. To that end, play the Cheater of Mystra. Immunity to pretty damn much everything.
Otherwise... well.
You can't be in the same plane in a range where you can do anything.
You must kill it in one round, or be able to keep up with it.

So... etherealness is needed, or greater teleport equivalents.
Wiping this thing out must be done with PR: No powers.
Your friend isn't that good. There are no epic spell seeds which can attack that are SR: No. He can't just time stop forever (and spam orbs), unless your DM thinks celerity stuns during time stop or somesuch.
Summoning is a potential option.

I'm not sure fire immunity works with "divine fire" damage.
IMHO, get liters of quintessence, and just cover the golem :smallbiggrin:
It's fairly small, physically. All you need to do is go ethereal, and.. somehow toss quintessence while ethereal. Tricky.

JeminiZero
2008-06-27, 07:16 PM
What is allowed?

And what exactly can this Neutronium Golem do?

Edit: Ninja'ed. OK, the good news is that it has no way of dispelling your buffs, so invulnerability buffs are good. The bad news is that you are still going to have one tough time bringing it down.

For survival for a few rounds, a Psion might find extended (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Extend_Power) Timeless Body (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Timeless_Body) useful.

There is also metamorphic Cheese, like transforming into a Slime for Slashing/Piercing immunity, and having your psi-crystal metamorph into something that has bludgeoning immunity, and using Fusion so you combine into something physically invulnerable. But magic and what not can still hurt you.

Alternatively, if you are willing to switch to divine caster, there is the Monstrous Regeneration / Fire & Acid Immunity / Sublethal damage combo. Or the Beastland Ferocity / Delay Death combo used by the Twice Betrayer of Shar (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=478716)

Arbitrarity
2008-06-27, 07:19 PM
Aha. Ok, here we go. I forget timeless body. Persist it. You really have the ML :). Immunity to everything! WHOO.

Then, quintessence dollop attack.

Enlong
2008-06-27, 07:36 PM
Timeless body, Check.

But do I really need it? I'm incorporeal and fire-resistant.

And to harm this thing, I suppose I'll need to make some specialized Epic Power. I'm thinking some massive explosion of psychic force, or an unfathomably big blob of Quintessence to trap it. then we Gate it to the lowest level of Baator.

JeminiZero
2008-06-27, 07:52 PM
AFAIK, there is no Persistent Power in D&D 3.5, but I could be wrong.

You might also want to get 10 levels in Metamind (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Metamind), for Font of Power, since Psions do not continue to gain power points past level 20, and all those epic powers are going to consume a lot of PP. Don't forget Practiced Manifester (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Practiced_Manifester,all).

Quintessence might work. Provided your DM does not arbitrarily rule that the Golem's Divine Fire burns it off, or anything like that. Once its safely sealed in its time capsule. Finish it off with a rift in the astral plane via Bag of Holding/Portable Hole.

Edit:

Timeless body, Check.

But do I really need it? I'm incorporeal and fire-resistant.

Its doing Divine Fire damage, which will bypass normal Fire Resistance.

And to harm this thing, I suppose I'll need to make some specialized Epic Power. I'm thinking some massive explosion of psychic force, or an unfathomably big blob of Quintessence to trap it. then we Gate it to the lowest level of Baator.

Or you could use Coin Flip Cleric Crusader Cheese, for One hit kill. To get over its AC, you probably need to tack on Deep Impact (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Deep_Impact) to get to touch AC, and then weasal in Divine Power (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Divine_power) giving you a BAB of 100 (BAB equals your Character level).

Enlong
2008-06-27, 08:01 PM
AFAIK, there is no Persistent Power in D&D 3.5, but I could be wrong.

You might also want to get 10 levels in Metamind (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Metamind), for Font of Power, since Psions do not continue to gain power points past level 20, and all those epic powers are going to consume a lot of PP. Don't forget Practiced Manifester (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Practiced_Manifester,all).

Quintessence might work. Provided your DM does not arbitrarily rule that the Golem's Divine Fire burns it off, or anything like that. Once its safely sealed in its time capsule. Finish it off with a rift in the astral plane via Bag of Holding/Portable Hole.

Edit:

Its doing Divine Fire damage, which will bypass normal Fire Resistance.

Or you could use Coin Flip Cleric Crusader Cheese, for One hit kill. To get over its AC, you probably need to tack on Deep Impact (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Deep_Impact) to get to touch AC, and then weasal in [http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Divine_power]Divine Power[/url] giving you a BAB of 100 (BAB equals your Character level).Right... maybe I'll homebrew a Ring of Divine Fire Immunity?

Also, that's funny. Metamind is A TRAP untill you get to epic level.

What about feats? Is there some Psion cheese that I could be using?

Wait.. Augmentation is up to one's level in extra PP used, right...?

Edit: WAit. I don't think I need the Metamind levels...

Just as spellcasters use no spell slots to cast epic spells, psionic characters use no power points to manifest epic powers. Instead, they freely manifest their known epic powers a number of times per day equal to their Knowledge (psionics) skill divided by 10 (round down).

Corolinth
2008-06-27, 08:11 PM
Our DM for the battle is physicsyI don't think you have to worry about this. If he were, you wouldn't be fighting a neutronium golem.

JeminiZero
2008-06-27, 08:11 PM
Right... maybe I'll homebrew a Ring of Divine Fire Immunity?

The question is whether your DM will accept it.

Wait.. Augmentation is up to one's level in extra PP used, right...?

One's Manifester Level to be precise.

Edit: WAit. I don't think I need the Metamind levels...

My mistake, I meant normal powers manifested at Epic levels, rather than Epic Powers. Things like a fully augmented Temporal Acceleration (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Temporal_Acceleration) are going to be hideously expensive otherwise.

Edit: Outside of Gravity Wave, the Golem has no way to get pass Force Effects. So hiding yourself in a Telekinetic Sphere (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Psionic_Telekinetic_Sphere) and shooting out of it via Burrowing Power (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Burrowing_Power) would also work for survival.

Edit 2: Forgive me, my brain is rather slow today. Another Survival Option is to Greater MetaMorph into a Tarrasque (all damage is now nonlethal), and then splash 2 levels in Warforged Juggernaut (immune to Non-lethal damage). You can try and enter this PrC either by being a Warforged or by going for 10 levels in Renegade Mastermaker. Edit 3: Forget that, Greater Metamorph cannot be used to assume Tarrasque shape.

Enlong
2008-06-27, 08:19 PM
The question is whether your DM will accept it.

One's Manifester Level to be precise.

My mistake, I meant normal powers manifested at Epic levels, rather than Epic Powers. Things like a fully augmented Temporal Acceleration (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Temporal_Acceleration) are going to be hideously expensive otherwise.
Right. Gotcha. Font of power for me, then.

Hmmm... how to get around the Divine Fire damage. Maybe I can use the Ward seed.

What would you say would be the appropriate Ad Hoc factors for making the resistance to Divine Fire, and making it immunity instead of resistance?

Arbitrarity
2008-06-27, 09:06 PM
Whoops, there is no persistant power, right. ::smallyuk:

Well, that would be too easy.
As a psion, this encounter worries me slightly. Epic seeds, without ad hoc effects, are basically useless. If you can sneak them past your DM, ok.

Otherwise, you need a trick. A trick to make you immune to the golem's attacks. The golem lacks planar shifting, so etherealness, as mentioned, is pretty good.

If you go ethereal, sneak up (read: Greater Teleport where you predict it will be through some power like hypercognition) on the golem, and manifest Extended timeless body (quickened), go unethereal, and dump quintessence, followed by either death or some sort of escape, you might do it.

The problem then is the escape aspect, which depends on whether or not quintessence neutralizes abilities, and when damage from such abilities occurs.

A possibly easier method would be to get a +1 Distant Shot weapon, take Fell Shot, and build a hulking hurler, using metafaculty or Hypercognition with scrying powers as targetting.

Enlong
2008-06-27, 09:41 PM
hm. Sounds good. The Extended Timeless Body sounds nice, and Telekinetic Sphere is also good. Perhaps I can make an Epic Spell to create a metric buttload of Quintessence (ad-hoc bonuses for making a metric muttload, and for making it a incredibly magical substance.) I could summon the stuff over the golem and have it cover it. If I could summon it on top of ol' Golemy, then I could bypass the problem of being corporeal for those few seconds. Really, Quintessencing this thing is the only way I can think to incapacitate it.

Which makes this guy easier to make, really. No need to blubber about 100 levels worth of feats. I'll just take what I need for what I need to do. And If I can't make the uber quintessence spell, then I'll just stuff a whole bunch of Bags full of the stuff.

Arbitrarity
2008-06-27, 10:27 PM
You could use Bestow Power with Font of Power, along with hyper-augmented Temporal Acceleration, to get a LOT of PP. Around 66000, to be precise (96PP augmented Bestow Power, twinned, and quickened twice/round, at no cost, grants 64 PP*4. Temporal acceleration, augmented to 99 PP, is 23 actions. As a swift action. Then, another bestow power. Do this for a minute. That's 24 bestow powers/round, at 256 pp/bestow power, or 6144 pp gained/round, over a minute, or 61440 total. That would mean about 600 L of quintessence/day (twinned), or 15 days of preperation. Not bad at all.

Oh, right. You need 240*210*180 mL of quintessence to cover the "8 ft*7 ft*6 ft" golem, approximately. This becomes 9024 L.

FinalJustice
2008-06-27, 10:33 PM
I'm not good with psionics, so I'll just stay with magic.

Starmantle Coat (BoED), one of my favorite tricks. The coat allows you to make a DC 15 Reflex against 'weapon attacks' to suffer only half damage. Combine it with Ring of Evasion (RAW wording reasons) and, provided you can make a DC 15 ref, you're immune to his punches (note that natural weapons are considered weapons). Is there any way to no fail reflexes with an '1'? If so, no 5% chances of being atomized.

Incorporealness may protect against the gravity.

This thing doesn't have FoM built in, although I didn't understand what's with that Magnetar (Ex) ability. Nor it has any form of teleportation. So, toss some non SR Solid Fogs and maybe they'll stop a lightspeed golem of doom.

Maybe an adding ethereal dragon as a character to the party is an idea. IIRC, they're incorporeal and have a force breath. Optimize and deliberately spam the breath while the arcane caster holds the thing still. (Not quite easy, but doable)

For epic spells, since there's no way to make one with SR: No, abuse buffing and loopholes. Maybe some Tippyesque gate/wish abuse. Then you can use the army of solars as cannon fodder. Make sure you are invincible to all kinds of damage this thing can dish.

Arbitrarity
2008-06-27, 10:45 PM
Except that you need custom spells to be immune to divine fire, which is fail :smallannoyed:.

Ok, now to calculate XP for defeating such a foe. The party splits 300*2^((CR-ECL)/2) give or take a bit, as I recall. That is, in this case, 300*2^9621, which has around 2888 digits.

10^2888, which means... if it weren't for the XP caps for one adventure, you'd level...
s = (big number/1000)(100000+big number)/2
10^2888 = ((Big number^2)/2000) + 50(Big number)
Big number is around 10^1445, so you'd be about level 10^1442. Which is high enough that you out-CR the mortiverse by more than I care to think about.
(NOTE: MATH IS EXTREMELY APPROXIMATE, owing to laziness, mental arithmetic, and unwillingness to write it out. Heck, I'm not even going to try to plug that into the quadratic formula :P. And I'm definitely not doing the 2^9621 in full)

Chronos
2008-06-28, 12:13 AM
It seems to me that all you need to do to beat this thing is Arcane Eye, Greater Teleport, and some means of doing a whole bunch of damage from about 3000 miles away (or preferably, a light-year away or so). Use the sniping rules: You'll be making Hide checks at -20, vs. its Spot checks at -1,584,000... I think you'll succeed.

For the attack itself, Distant Shot (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/feats.htm#distantShot) will take care of the range problem. You're sighting via Arcane Eye, which is unlimited range and SR: No (it requires concentration, but surely that won't be a problem for a level 100 psion). Now we just need some way to deal enough damage (at least 1500 per round at -1500 per attack, and preferably a lot more, if we want to spend less than a few hours on this battle).

Unfortunately, Hulking Hurler won't work, here, since HH damage depends on weight, and that Gravitic Mastery thing would probably mean that your boulders are treated as weightless. The best I can come up with offhand is something to let you Sneak Attack constructs, a few Factotum levels, and a bunch of Font of Inspiration feats, using all of the inspiration on Cunning Strike. But that only gets you to the vicinity of 500d6 damage. If you use Tome of Battle, there are a few Stone Dragon strikes that'll let you bypass DR (even DR/--), such as Ancient Mountain Hammer and Elder Mountain Hammer (you'll need Bloodstorm Blade levels to be able to use these at range). The downside is that each strike is a standard action to use, so you'll need some means of getting extra actions.

If we can get the damage problem figured out, then defense is easy. Fast though the beast is, your shots are faster, since no matter how far away you are, it takes less than 6 seconds for your weapons to reach it. Since it can't see you (it has a spot of +0, and a huge penalty for range), the best it can do is move in your general direction, and you can just teleport away if it gets too close.

Actually, you might not need to do damage at all. Construct-slaying arrows should work on this thing. You'd still need to hit, and it'd still need to fail its saving throw, but it doesn't have any abilities which would protect against a natural 20 on your attack roll, or a natural 1 on its save, which means you'd only need an average of 400 arrows to kill it (well within the WBL of a level 100 character). You could do it with a lot fewer arrows if you could make your arrows count as touch attacks somehow, but I'm not sure offhand how to do that. Alternately, I think there's a cleric spell that lets you treat one roll as a natural 20: That would work, too.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure why a level 100 character would take more than 20 levels (or the equivalent) in any given spellcasting or manifesting class... You don't gain any more spell slots or power points after 20th level. All you need for epic spellcasting/manifesting is ranks in Spellcraft/Psicraft and the appropriate Knowledge, so any class with all of the Knowledge skills and Spellcraft/Psicraft would work as well. Meanwhile, if you also get 9th level arcane and divine spells (trivially easy, with that many levels to work with), you'll have more epic slots available. Get 9th level spells of both types and powers, and max out your Arcana, Religion, Nature, and Psionics skills, and you'd have 40 epic slots to play with, compared to only 10 if you stick with pure psion.

JeminiZero
2008-06-28, 01:15 AM
You could do it with a lot fewer arrows if you could make your arrows count as touch attacks somehow, but I'm not sure offhand how to do that.

Fell shot (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Fell_Shot) would work. Or use a throwing weapon with 5 Master Thrower PrC for Weak Spot (all thrown weapons which you have weapon focus for are made on touch attack).

Enlong
2008-06-28, 10:20 AM
OK, so, using the power of geometry, I've worked out the Golem's surface area to be about 308^2 feet (generous, assuming a cubic golem). Now, how much cubic feet of quintessence is needed to cover the golem? Or should I go for overkill and bring 308 cubic feet of quintessence? (or make an epic spell that summons that much?)

Chronos
2008-06-28, 12:11 PM
OK, I've got it. Level 21, no epic (nor any other) spellcasting needed.

Ranger 13 (archery combat style)/X 8 (X could be anything, including more ranger)
Skills: Maxed Survival, Hide, Spot
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Improved Precise Shot, Distant Shot
Equipment: Necklace of Adaptation (9000 GP), Wings of Flying (5400 GP), Major Ring of Spell Storing (200000 GP) with Greater Teleport stored (910 GP), Ring of Sustenance (2500 GP), padded armor +1 of etherealness (50155 GP), Belt of Battle (12000 GP) shortbow (30 GP), 400 x Construct Slaying arrows (@ 2282 GP) (total 1192765 GP)
If you're a race without a Dex bonus, you'll also need an item of +2 Dex to qualify for Distant Shot. I recommend Warforged Scout, which not only gets a Dex bonus, but also lives forever, and doesn't need the Ring of Sustenance.

Strategy:
First, you need to track down the golem. With it being effectively 33 size categories above Medium, this shouldn't be hard, even in the vacuum of space. You should be hiding at all times while doing so: Your Hide modifier is well above +20, while the golem's Spot modifier is +0, which means that it can not under any circumstances notice you, and can therefore never target you with its Magnetar ability or its physical attacks. Note that you don't need any concealment to hide, because of your Camouflage ability (outer space is a natural terrain).

You should also be ethereal at all times while approaching. I can find no indication that divine fire damage can penetrate to the ethereal plane, so this should protect you from its heat aura. Note that the etherealness granted by armor of etherealness lasts as long as desired.

As you approach it, you continually spend one move action to move towards it, and then another move action to actively attempt to spot the creature itself. This may take a while, hence the Ring of Sustenance. Once you spot it (at approximately 1550 feet), it can never again escape your sight, since it would need to make a Hide check to do so, and unlike you, it would need cover or concealment (which aren't available in space).

At this point, it still doesn't know you're there, so it won't yet attempt to use any of its active abilities. You now activate your Belt of Battle to gain a standard action, use your standard action to dismiss your etherealness, then use another standard action to teleport to a safe distance (ten thousand miles should be good). You could use the cheaper Boots of Teleportation instead of the Ring of Spell Storing, if you're willing to risk an off-target arrival (which would almost certainly safe, but it might throw you off the track). Since this all happens on your turn, the heat aura doesn't get a chance to take effect (the damage from it would be done on the golem's turn). As described above, you are still able to target the golem but it's still unable to target you, since no circumstance has come up to reroll spot checks.

Finally, you unsling your bow and start shooting slaying arrows at it. It will take an average of 400 arrows to destroy the thing (each arrow has a 1 in 20 chance of hitting, and each arrow that hits has a 1 in 20 chance of it failing its save), which, with BAB 20 and rapid shot, will take on average of 80 rounds of shooting. It may, of course, take more or less than 400 arrows; if you want a 99% chance of success, you'll need 1840 of them. Of course, if you're making a habit of killing these things, you'll be able to save arrows from the times you got lucky for use in the times you weren't so lucky, and nearly half of your arrows will, in principle, be recoverable from each battle.

While you're shooting at the golem, it has very little recourse. It will presumably determine that it's under attack after the first hit, but it won't be able to target you. It can attempt to guess your square, but the odds against that are literally astronomical. It can attempt to escape, but even its relativity-defying speed won't let it escape your sight, without cover or concealment, and your arrows fly as fast as they need to, to hit in the same round. It can attempt to find you, but its spot check will never be good enough to beat your hide, even if you roll a 1 to its 20.