PDA

View Full Version : Turn back the Pendulum... [Bleach-inspired Template, manga spoilers]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-27, 09:35 PM
More Bleachy goodness.
--

Hollowed One
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/Nny2/HollowKensei-1.jpg
Kensei Muguruma, an unwilling hollowed one

Hollowed ones are creatures who were once sane humans and Spirit Champions, but due to some unknown occurrence, have been twisted into creatures identical to their greatest enemies: The Hollows. The process of 'hollowfication' warps the mind of the target, forcing them to become malign and creatures of whim. Many of these converted warriors are terrible and fearsome to behold and even more so to battle.
A little few have attempted ways to undo the 'hollowfication' of the unfortunate victims, and it is apparent at least one person has, due to a small group of Spirit Lords having become Masked Demons.
Adaptation: This template does not necessarily need to apply only to Spirit Lords, it may very well easily be applied to normal humanoids, and thus giving it a slight decrease in overall power(as is usual). All things that would apply to initiator level would now apply simply to HD.

Creating a Hollowed One
"Hollowed" is an acquired template that can be added to any living, corporeal humanoid with at least one level in a Spirit Lord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74984) prestige class and an initiator level of at least 6th(referred to hereafter as the base creature).

A hollowed one uses all the base creatures statistics and special abilities except as noted here.

Size and Type
The creature's type changes to outsider with the Evil and Hollow subtypes. Do not recalculate Hit Dice, base attack bonus, or saves. Size is unchanged.

----
Sidenote: Hollow Subtype
Hollow Traits: A Hollow possesses the following traits unless (unless otherwise noted in the creature’s entry)
-Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision
-Scent ability (this ability also allows Hollows to differentiate the level of spirit energy a soul has. Beings with higher spirit energy attract more hollows)
-Telepathy 100 feet. Hollows can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 feet of it that share a known language.

----

Speed
A hollowed one has a base land speed 30 feet greater than it's base creature's.

Armor Class
A hollowed one has a natural armor bonus equal to half their initiator level. This stacks with other forms of natural armor that the base creature may already have.

Attack
A hollowed one has two of the natural weapons from the list of natural weapons below, either selected during 'hollowfication' or rolled randomly.
{table="head"]Attack form|Damage(S)|Damage(M)|Damage(L)|% Dice
Bite|1d4|1d6|1d8|1-25
2 claws|1d3|1d4|1d6|26-50
2 tentacles|1d3|1d4|1d6|51-75
Slam|1d4|1d6|1d8|76-100
[/table]

Full Attack
A hollowed one fighting without a weapon can use any of it's natural weapons in a full attack. If fighting with a weapon it cannot use one of it's claw attacks.

Damage
A hollowed one's randomly selected natural weapons deal damage as indicated on the table above. These attacks are considered primary weapons, so they deal an additional amount of damage equal to the hollowed one's full Str modifier.

Special Attacks
A hollowed one retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains the following special attacks.

Hollow Attacks(Ex, Su and Sp): A hollowed one has a certain few offensive abilities that are imbued into their very bodies. A hollowed one has one ability plus an additional one for every 4 HD or class levels is possesses. Once chosen, these abilities cannot be switched out for another one. Some of these abilities require a certain amount of HD or a certain special ability to acquire. The hollow attacks are as follows;

Abyssal Blast(Su):You gain the ability to channel some of your unholy power into a focused blast of energy. This ability is usable once per encounter as a standard action as a ranged touch attack and deals damage equal to your initiator level times 1d6(max 15d6) and deals unholy damage. The bolt of energy is usually black or red and crackles the air around it. You can only get this ability at 8 HD or higher and it can be taken multiple times, each additional time you get this ability you can use it another time per encounter.

Agile Slash(Ex): Your weapons move with such deftness and speed that they increase the damage dealt by them. You gain the benefits of the Weapon Finesse feat when using your natural weapons and apply your Dex modifier to all damage rolls dealt with natural weapons.

Elemental Weapons(Su): Your body is wreathed in either burning flame, deathly frost, volatile acid or crackling electricity. Your natural weapons now do an additional amount of fire, cold, acid or electricity damage equal to 1d6*(your initiator level divided by 3) (rounded down). You must have the energy resistance hollow ability with the corresponding element and at least 8 HD to acquire this ability.

Eldritch Power(Sp): You gain a certain amount of power over magical secrets, which are easily channelable through your very body. Select a spell of a level equal to half your initiator level, rounded down or less. You can now use this spell as a spell-like ability a number of times per day as indicated below. This spell cannot have the Good or Lawful descriptors. The caster level of these spells are equal to the hollowed one's initiator level and the save DC's are Cha based. This ability can be taken multiple times, selecting a different spell each time.
{table="head"]Spell Level|Uses/day
0-3rd|at will
4th-6th|3/day
7th-9th*|1/day
[/table]
*The exception of spells of this level is the greater teleport spell(7th level), which is usable at will, but you may only carry yourself and your equipment.

Pounce(Ex): You are capable of leaping upon your foes and ripping them to shreds. If you make a charge against an opponent, you may make a full attack against the foe instead of only one.

Powerful Slam(Ex): Your limbs are thick with muscle and are more powerful than normal limbs. Your natural weapons are treated as if they were two-handed weapons for purposes of applying modifiers to damage with Power Attack and from it's Str bonus.

Venomous(Ex): Your body exudes a deadly poison, which can render a foe weakened, slow or even dead. Select one of your natural weapons, this natural weapon now has a natural injury poison that works against damaged foes. Select one physical ability score, your poison deals 1d6 damage to that ability as primary and secondary damage to the damaged opponent. The Fort save DC against this poison is 10+half your initiator level+Con modifier.

Special Qualities
A hollowed one retains all special qualities of the base creature and gains the following special qualities.

Hollow Abilities(Ex and Su): A hollowed one has many innate abilities that makes them more resilient and harder to kill. A hollowed one has one ability plus an additional one for every 3 HD or class levels it possesses. Once chosen, these abilities cannot be switched out for another one. Some of these abilities require a certain amount of HD or a certain special ability to acquire. The hollow abilities are as follows;

Energy Resistance(Ex): You gain the ability to ignore the damage dealt by certain elements. You gain resistance to two elements of your choise equal to your initiator level. This ability can be taken multiple times, and each new time taken gives you equal resistance to another type of energy damage.

Extra Limbs(Ex): Your body sprouts two extra arms just below or behind the current two. These arms possess any claw attacks you had from any source, and if you have a slam attack you gain an additional one of equal damage. This ability can be taken multiple times, each time giving you another pair of arms.

Fast Healing(Ex): You gain the quickly healing flesh of a demon. This ability grants fast healing 1, and your skin darkens very slightly, becoming closer to dark red. You can only get this ability at 6 HD or higher and it can be taken multiple times.

Eldritch Armor(Su): You are wrapped in a coat of magical armor which helps deflect blows. You are considered to be under a constant mage armor effect with a caster level equal to your initiator level. You must have the Toughened Skin hollow ability and at least 8 HD to take this hollow ability.

Improved Grab(Ex): Your animalistic features allows you to become more adept at grabbing a hold of victims. If you strike an opponant of one size category smaller than you or smaller with a bite, claw or tentacle attack, you may initiate a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity.

Massive Frame(Ex): Your body is much larger as a hollowed one than it is as a normal humanoid. Your size category increases one step, gaining all the benefits and penalties of the new size. This ability can be taken multiple times, each time increasing another size category.

Muscular Build(Ex): You focus your abyssal power into strengthening your muscles in one of three ways, power, durability or agility. You gain a +2 profane bonus to your Str, Dex or Con, chosen when you get this ability. This ability can be taken multiple times, applying to the same or a different stat each time, your choice.

Regeneration(Ex): Your flesh becomes more adept at healing itself. This ability replaces your fast healing with an equal amount of regeneration. This regeneration can be overcome with good aligned weapons or spells with the good descriptor. This ability does not grant the ability to regrow lost limbs but holding severed limbs to the stump automatically reattaches it. You must have 12 HD or more to take this ability and have the Fast Healing hollow ability.

Resist Blows(Ex): Your skin isn't only armor-like, but it is capable of ignoring blows to a certain degree. You gain damage reduction 10/good, if you already have this damage reduction it instead increases by 5. This ability can be taken multiple times, the effects stack.

Speed of the Wind(Ex): Your body increases in speed a great amount. Your base land and flight speeds triple, you gain the benefits of the Improved Evasion class feature and select a single mental ability score. You now add a dodge bonus to your Armor Class equal to 3+that score's modifier. If you already have a class feature from another class that grants a mental ability score to AC, you cannot choose that ability score(monks, swordsage and swashbuckler as examples). You must have at least 12 HD to take this hollow ability.

Toughened Skin(Ex): Your skin thickens and becomes more armor-like. You gain a +4 natural armor bonus as your skin becomes slightly more scaley and leathery. This ability can be taken multiple times, increasing your existing natural armor by 1 for each additional gain of this ability.

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +8, Con +4 Dex +4, Wis -2, Cha +4.

Skills
Hollowed ones recieve a +8 racial bonus to Intimidate, Listen and Spot checks.

Feats
Hollowed ones gain Inner Demon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71073) as a bonus feat. If this template is for some reason purged from the character, this feat remains with the character.

Environment
Any, usually same as base creature. Usually when a hollowed one is found out, it is attacked by any number of Spirit Lords.

Organization
Solitary, pair, squad (3-5) or legion (6-20)

Challenge Rating
Same as base creature +3.

Treasure
As base creature.

Alignment
Always chaotic evil.

Advancement
By character class.

Level Adjustment
--
Hollowed ones are creatures that want nothing but to consume and destroy.
(Variant: Same as base creature +5.)

wadledo
2008-06-27, 10:12 PM
I hate you for some many reasons right now, yet I love you for so many more.

Bravo, and damn you Krimm_Blackleaf.
Damn you to hell.

Innis Cabal
2008-06-27, 10:21 PM
not to bad, loved that arc to

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-27, 10:40 PM
I hate you for some many reasons right now, yet I love you for so many more.

Bravo, and damn you Krimm_Blackleaf.
Damn you to hell.

Sigged.:biggrin:

wadledo
2008-06-28, 01:21 AM
Questions:

Eldritch Power: What is the Caster level?

Venomous: Might want to clarify that this is a Fort save.

Some things that struck me as odd:

Elemental Weapons: 9 HD(other is multiple of 4)?

Fast Healing: 5 HD(others are multiples of 3)?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-28, 01:24 AM
Questions:

Eldritch Power: What is the Caster level?

Venomous: Might want to clarify that this is a Fort save.

Some things that struck me as odd:

Elemental Weapons: 9 HD(other is multiple of 4)?

Fast Healing: 5 HD(others are multiples of 3)?

I'll fix those.

ErrantX
2008-06-28, 11:14 PM
As per usual, awesome work Krimm. Consider it yoinked, I'm totally going to use it in my campaign actually for bad guys my party kills that I don't want dead yet :D

I gotta beg again for a Quincy class though :)

-X

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-28, 11:23 PM
As per usual, awesome work Krimm. Consider it yoinked, I'm totally going to use it in my campaign actually for bad guys my party kills that I don't want dead yet :D

I gotta beg again for a Quincy class though :)

-X

Oh yeah, I forgot you wanted that. I'll work on that...

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-29, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot you wanted that. I'll work on that...

Since it will (Obviously) be ToB material, might I link you to three (Yes, three! :smallbiggrin:) Martial Disciplines themed to ranged combat. They are all named Falling Star, as it was some kind of ''homebrewer quest'' to create the fabled 10th Discipline.

So the three of them, by their creators:

Crystall Myr (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2502689)

Fax Celestis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10707)

Tempest StormWind (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=771597)

EDIT: I forgot to put comments and appropriate contribution to this fine template:

First, wouldn't some levels in Masked Warrior do the same magic, without pesky LA?

Second, (Watch out for the incredibly off-topic question) for those of us who watch the anime, are we forced to watch this goddamn Arc that got stuck in the middle of the Arrancar Arc?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-29, 10:55 PM
Since it will (Obviously) be ToB material, might I link you to three (Yes, three! :smallbiggrin:) Martial Disciplines themed to ranged combat. They are all named Falling Star, as it was some kind of ''homebrewer quest'' to create the fabled 10th Discipline.

So the three of them, by their creators:

Crystall Myr (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2502689)

Fax Celestis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10707)

Tempest StormWind (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=771597)

EDIT: I forgot to put comments and appropriate contribution to this fine template:

First, wouldn't some levels in Masked Warrior do the same magic, without pesky LA?

Second, (Watch out for the incredibly off-topic question) for those of us who watch the anime, are we forced to watch this goddamn Arc that got stuck in the middle of the Arrancar Arc?

Thanks for all of those, I'm going to do my best to make this Quincy class. :biggrin:

And you could do similar things as a masked demon, but nothing really the same as having this template, such as in incredible Str boost while still having the rage bit from the feat, not to mention some of the abilities this template gives that the masked demon doesn't.

And yeah, I was tired of this filler arc from ep. 1. I'm not even watching the show until the arrancar arc starts up again(...whenever that is).

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-30, 10:55 AM
Thanks for all of those, I'm going to do my best to make this Quincy class. :biggrin:

Glad to help. Though, I checked back and you can ignore the first one on the list. I was mistaken by its name; Crystall Myr's discipline has
no link to ranged combat.

And you could do similar things as a masked demon, but nothing really the same as having this template, such as in incredible Str boost while still having the rage bit from the feat, not to mention some of the abilities this template gives that the masked demon doesn't.

I read it again, more closely, and I take my comment back. The two options are quite different.

And yeah, I was tired of this filler arc from ep. 1. I'm not even watching the show until the arrancar arc starts up again(...whenever that is).

I'm soothed I'm not the only one doing that...

I didn't watch the Bount Arc, and I won't watch that new one too.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-30, 07:35 PM
I was advised not to watch the bount arc and was pleasantly surprised I was best off not doing it. Turned out it wasn't even in the manga, which just meant it would have been crap.

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-30, 08:46 PM
I was advised not to watch the bount arc and was pleasantly surprised I was best off not doing it. Turned out it wasn't even in the manga, which just meant it would have been crap.

It was.

My power is that I can turn phallic objects into snakes! With my imagination! Fear the phallic snakes!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-06-30, 09:21 PM
It was.

My power is that I can turn phallic objects into snakes! With my imagination! Fear the phallic snakes!

New spirit weapon ability!

qube
2009-05-27, 02:35 PM
some notes:
I think the AC bonus of speed of the wind shoudn't stack with armor / shield.
does Toughened Skin stack with "A hollowed one has a natural armor bonus equal to half their initiator level." ?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-05-27, 02:38 PM
some notes:
I think the AC bonus of speed of the wind shoudn't stack with armor / shield.
does Toughened Skin stack with "A hollowed one has a natural armor bonus equal to half their initiator level." ?

Why not?
Yes.

Stycotl
2009-05-27, 03:20 PM
since it is back up:

abyssal blast: doesn't have a range listed that i saw.

agile slash: apply dex to damage instead of str or in addition to?

eldritch power: would be cool if you could take this multiple times for the same spell, bumping up the number of times per day that you can use it (ex: take it for the spell, haste, twice, therefore being able to use it at will instead of 3/day).

eldritch armor: why is toughened skin a prereq? crunchwise it makes sense, but thematically, i don't see the connection.

fast healing/regeneration: might be better to give a rate of healing equal to 1/5 initiator levels or something. fast healing 1 is cool at low levels, and even mid levels sometimes. but at higher levels, fast healing *only* means post-encounter healing.

aaron out.

qube
2009-05-27, 03:47 PM
Why not?ECL 20 character with 22 in a mental stat (because of a book and a +6 item this is easely obtainable)

10 +
7 natural from template (half initiator level, which is 15)
4 from Toughened Skin
7 heavy shield+5 (animated if the person uses a two handed weapon)
13 full plate+5
1 dex (3 if your fullplate is mythril)
9 from speed of the wind
1 insight to AC (ioun stone)
5 amulet of natural armor (which gives an enchantment bonus to natural AC)
= 57 (or 59)

heck if you build toward it: 14 CHA + 4 template + 6 item +4 book = 28 (or 12 AC instead of 9)
which gives my character easely AC 62

edit: did I forget ring of protection+5? silly me ... so that's 67

Xondoure
2009-05-27, 03:53 PM

Its technically not a filler... it was in the manga... Why are you all glaring at me like that?

qube
2009-05-29, 12:11 PM
Massive Frame(Ex): Your body is much larger as a hollowed one than it is as a normal humanoid. Your size category increases one step, gaining all the benefits and penalties of the new size.Question: does this power give you just the large size, or do you also get the stat modifiers (+8 STR, -2 DEX, +4 CON, +2 natural armor)