PDA

View Full Version : Portal + Pixar

Grug
2008-06-28, 11:37 AM
I saw Wall-E last night. Great movie, but what I felt was even better was the little short at the beginning. Titled "Presto", it was about a magician and his pet rabbit. When the magician forgets to feed the Rabbit, it aims to ruin his show unless reparations are made. The magician's power is two magical hats, one a top hat, the other a conical wizard's hat. anything that goes in one comes out the other.

It's PORTAL!

VanBuren
2008-06-30, 06:56 PM
I saw Wall-E last night. Great movie, but what I felt was even better was the little short at the beginning. Titled "Presto", it was about a magician and his pet rabbit. When the magician forgets to feed the Rabbit, it aims to ruin his show unless reparations are made. The magician's power is two magical hats, one a top hat, the other a conical wizard's hat. anything that goes in one comes out the other.

It's PORTAL!

IF YOU FEED THE RABBIT, THERE WILL BE CAKE.

*Da duh duh duh da. Da duh duh duh da duh da duh...*

Mr. Scaly
2008-06-30, 09:07 PM
What's with that game and cake anyway?

Joran
2008-06-30, 09:09 PM
What's with that game and cake anyway?

Throughout the game, you solve puzzles, with the computer AI promising you cake as a reward if you succeed. Needless to say, the cake is a lie.

VanBuren
2008-06-30, 09:38 PM
Throughout the game, you solve puzzles, with the computer AI promising you cake as a reward if you succeed. Needless to say, the cake is a lie.

Well... only sort of, if you've seen the end credits.

Mr. Scaly
2008-06-30, 10:09 PM
But why cake, of all things?

Arbitrarity
2008-06-30, 10:15 PM
According to the developer commentary, they sat down to consider what sort of philosophical position to adopt and portray in the game (or something... I don't recall). They sat for about 15 minutes, without many ideas, until someone mentioned "Everyone likes cake...".

Anyone who has a functioning computer running portal willing to go through the commentary here?

Dispozition
2008-06-30, 10:30 PM
According to the developer commentary, they sat down to consider what sort of philosophical position to adopt and portray in the game (or something... I don't recall). They sat for about 15 minutes, without many ideas, until someone mentioned "Everyone likes cake...".

Anyone who has a functioning computer running portal willing to go through the commentary here?

I've been through a bit of it, they do indeed say that. There's also a fair bit on the WCC :P

Albub
2008-06-30, 10:36 PM
Oh drat, when I saw the title I thought you meant Pixar was making the portal movie. Oh well, a man can dream.