PDA

View Full Version : Vacation in the play ground

EvilElitest
2008-06-29, 08:39 AM
Well summer is hear and that means vacation, where you can spend that money you've been saving for an entire year and actually enjoy your self for a couple of weeks. I wanted to know where other people are going at, maybe i'll be there

I am going

1) Currently at at the Vasar Summer Scholars program (some local people might know about it). Sadly i'm bored and having trouble making friends, so in the off chance somebody here is actually at the program, i'd gladly meet up with you. I'm very funny in person, just trust me on that
2) The Dominican Republic.
3) French Canada
4) Wayfinder

Alright, where are other people going. Also mention cool vacations you've been on.
from
EE

Moff Chumley
2008-06-29, 12:40 PM
Tisk Tisk, northern hemisphere elitism. :smallsigh:

RTGoodman
2008-06-29, 01:20 PM
...I probably won't get a vacation this year. Of course, this whole getting turned down for every job I apply for does make me think I should just skip town for a while instead of doing the responsible thing (i.e., spending the summer looking for a job).

If I DO somehow get a chance to go somewhere, it would probably be with my family up to visit relatives in Massachusetts (the Salem/Danvers/Peabody area, if anyone is from there), hang out in NYC for a few days, and probably visit a grad school or two just to check them out.

I've never gone anywhere super-awesome (mostly just to the beach, which is only a couple hours away, the mountains, which are a couple of hours away, or to Disneyworld/Florida in general, which isn't that exciting after the first time). I think I'm actually going to get to go overseas next summer though - as a graduation gift to my brother and I (he graduated high school this year, and I just graduated from college), they're going to pay for at least part of a trip to Ireland and the UK and maybe a couple other places.

Hell Puppi
2008-06-29, 01:22 PM
I might get to hit the San Diego beach later in july. I'll be needing a vacation after packing up my whole apartment (again...) :smalltongue:
Was going specifically for Comic-Con, but I may not have the money even for a day pass, so I'll just head up there with my friend and vacation in the city rather than focusing on the con.

The Rose Dragon
2008-06-29, 01:39 PM
Tisk Tisk, northern hemisphere elitism. :smallsigh:

The elitism gene is only found amongst Northern Hemisphere folk.

You know, the folk that matter. :smallwink:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-29, 01:43 PM
:smallfrown: I'm just going to the beach in NC. My friends get to go to Scotland. BLEH!
Oh well. It will be fun.

Thufir
2008-06-29, 01:52 PM
I'm going to the Lake District at the start of August. Walking up mountains is a wonderful way to spend the summer.

EvilElitest
2008-06-29, 09:49 PM
The elitism gene is only found amongst Northern Hemisphere folk.

You know, the folk that matter. :smallwink:

I get my stubborness from my southern side, i get my elitism from the norther side. Because we matter
from
EE

Player_Zero
2008-06-29, 09:58 PM
I'm going to nowhere.

Not that I'm going nowhere, I'm going to nowhere. It's not a very nice place.

Seriously though, I'm going nowhere. I don't have a proper direction in life nor ambitions to back it up.

But really seriously though, I'm not going anywhere. No "vacations", holidays, trips, outings, holy days, galas, box socials, celebrations, trips to the corner shop to pick up sweeties... Nothing. Unless you count the landscape of my mind and the vast meadows of the internet.

Groundhog
2008-06-29, 10:57 PM
Went up to Connecticut, where I went on a tour of the Thimble Islands. All of the islands are owned, and most of them have overpriced mansions on them. Still, it was a nice view.

EvilElitest
2008-06-29, 11:08 PM
Went up to Connecticut, where I went on a tour of the Thimble Islands. All of the islands are owned, and most of them have overpriced mansions on them. Still, it was a nice view.

i've been there, though i didn't go on the tour i just stopped by
from
EE

BatGrrl
2008-06-30, 12:46 AM
So far the plan involves me and my best friend going to Paris and London each for a week in August.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 12:47 AM
My family and I are going to Liverpool for a few days in early August (my parents thought it would be nice to have 1 last holiday together before my sister and I start at university in September).

Thanatos 51-50
2008-06-30, 12:48 AM
Wait, people go on VACATIONS?

Tell me about the mysterious things!

BatGrrl
2008-06-30, 12:53 AM
Wait, people go on VACATIONS?

Tell me about the mysterious things!

Ocassionally, when a mommy and daddy love each other very much...oh wait, wrong explanation. Vacation, right...

So, when your school or work drives you so mad that you're about to wreck your entire city just to make yourself feel better, you take a trip you can't afford to somewhere far, far away from your problems, and it makes you feel better about life until you get the bill, which oddly enough makes you start thinking about the next time you get to go on a vacation.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-06-30, 02:13 AM
So, when your school or work drives you so mad that you're about to wreck your entire city just to make yourself feel better, you take a trip you can't afford to somewhere far, far away from your problems, and it makes you feel better about life until you get the bill, which oddly enough makes you start thinking about the next time you get to go on a vacation.

Mine, I never relised just how different going on leave was!
Yes, I really do know what a vacation is, thank you, I was being sarcastic. I haven't taken one since I got out of A-School, about a year and a half ago.
Therein lies my jest.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 02:20 AM
Next year, summer holidays : AMERICA! (across the big pond)

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-30, 02:29 AM
I'm broke. The farthest I'm going to go is the closest bar has 2 for 1 specials.

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-30, 05:51 AM
I'm going to Queensland!

Telonius
2008-06-30, 11:03 AM
I am going ... to stay at home for a week. Finances are too tight for anything else.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-06-30, 11:13 AM
Ireland!
For 10 days. With 4 friends. :smallsmile:

And we'll stop at Cologne, Germany, for 2 days on our way to Dublin.

Then back to Athens. I might spend some days on the islands.

I'm also going to an island for the weekend.

Nibleswick
2008-06-30, 12:14 PM
Well, I just got back from Yellowstone, which was awesome, but my goodness there were lots of people there.

Hell Puppi
2008-06-30, 05:54 PM
Awww... I lived in Cheyenne, Wyoming for a couple months and wanted to go visit Yellowstone, but it was on the exact opposite end of the state.

I still shoulda gone, though :smallannoyed:. I mean we went all the way to Denver just to visit a bar, Yellowstone shouldn't have been that hard.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-06-30, 10:32 PM
Nothing planned for this summer, though I did just get back from an island, Three Mile Island, NH, which had no electricity or running water. One of the most fun things was Risk, which I was champion of. Next summer I plan to go on a 4-6 week trip to visit a Spanish friend of mine in Spain. That same year, I am hoping to participate in a German exchange program. A cool vacation I took was renting an RV for 5 weeks and going across the USA, that was unforgetable.