PDA

View Full Version : [M&M] Challenge of Faith?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-06-29, 04:43 PM
So I'm working on a cheesy four-color Silver Age campaign for Mutants & Masterminds, and I'm creating a Paragon/Patriot -combination NPC to pull the PCs together into a team. (One of her powers is Regeneration with Source: American Soil...) She's very much impervious to being hit and the like, but I want to give her a weakness... her powers are based on her faith*, so I want a mechanic for a sort of "challenge of faith", where another character can shake her faith in her mission and cause her to lose her abilities. (Obviously some story twists would cause her to lose her powers automatically, like Watergate. Paging Cap America...)

So, is there an existing mechanic for shaking a superhero's faith and causing them to lose their faith-based powers - and if not, what do you recommend? It can't be based on a power (like Nullify), since then it wouldn't be something anyone who's a good enough speaker can do.

* Great, I just realized she's not even based on Superman so much as Gladiator, who's a Superman spoof...

PhallicWarrior
2008-06-29, 06:41 PM
There's the good old Bluff/Intimidate vs. Will Save (or Stability Save, if you want.) I use it for most of my more psychological villains, it usually works out.

Pauwel
2008-06-30, 04:34 AM
If you want her to be more vulnerable than just having the enemies use Interaction skills, just call it a complication.

Complications are really great for modeling these kinds of unusual, situational flaws.