PDA

View Full Version : Grenadier

Stormthorn
2008-06-29, 10:26 PM
Has anyone watched the anime Grenadier?

Im watching now. I think i found the last person for a project of mine about fictional gunslingers.

Artemician
2008-06-30, 04:34 AM
Rutee watched it. She even had an avatar of the main character at one point. But she's gone... so yea.

I don't really think anyone else here has watched it, aside from her.

As an aside, who are these other gunslingers in your project? Roland Deschain? Vash the Stampede? The Lone Ranger? Forgive me if I'm being nosy, but you piqued my curiousity :P

Attilargh
2008-06-30, 04:55 AM
Seen it. The fanservice and animation were nice, but Trigun did most of the rest much better.

Kojiro Kakita
2008-06-30, 04:59 PM
yeah, I watched it. It was a good 12 episode series.

Frosty
2008-06-30, 05:03 PM
I watched like 3 episodes of it. Was ok.

Stormthorn
2008-07-01, 12:21 AM
As an aside, who are these other gunslingers in your project? Roland Deschain? Vash the Stampede? The Lone Ranger? Forgive me if I'm being nosy, but you piqued my curiousity :P

Vash and Alucard are the other two anime examples i have seen thus-far.

I also have three movie examples. An Agent from the Matrix, The dude from Wanted, and that dude from Shoot Em Up.

Perhaps i should get some video-game ones.

I like Grenadier although i found the huge breasts annoying. At least the Anime gives them a practical purpose.

I think i met that girl who had the boob-chick as her avatar. Somewhere on the forum...i cant remember where tho.

bluish_wolf
2008-07-01, 12:28 AM
Why aren't any of the Gunslinger Girls in this project of yours?

WarriorTribble
2008-07-01, 12:36 AM
It wasn't a bad anime. The idealism rivaled Sailor Moon in it's absurity, and the token "cute" midget was downright infuriating. But I suppose the decent animation and downright titillating gun reloading sequence make up for it.

Stormthorn
2008-07-01, 01:46 AM
Why aren't any of the Gunslinger Girls in this project of yours?

Cuz the extent of my experiance with GS is one and a half volumes of Manga and while they do shoot stuff in the manga at least they dont to the sort of moves that the other listed characters are capable of.

TheThan
2008-07-01, 12:22 PM
It wasn't a bad anime. The idealism rivaled Sailor Moon in it's absurity, and the token "cute" midget was downright infuriating. But I suppose the decent animation and downright titillating gun reloading sequence make up for it.

I've seen it. and I totally agree with the above.

liked it despite it's drawbacks. (not one of my favorites though).

Nerd-o-rama
2008-07-01, 12:47 PM
I think i met that girl who had the boob-chick as her avatar. Somewhere on the forum...i cant remember where tho.That was Rutee. She was banned, but she lives on through this arm.

Incidentally, Revolver Ocelot is a must-have video game example for your project.

Stormthorn
2008-07-01, 05:28 PM
That was Rutee. She was banned, but she lives on through this arm.

Creepy. Was she banned because her avatar had outrageous ta-ta's?

And Grenadier is something i like, but im not sure where i would place it in terms of Animes that i like.

Closet_Skeleton
2008-07-01, 06:12 PM
Seen it.

It isn't very good.

Oh, almost everyone already knew that.

I have no more to add.

Stormthorn
2008-07-02, 10:49 PM
Oh, almost everyone already knew that.
I liked it...:smallfrown:

Although someone above was right. Sickening level of idealism.