PDA

View Full Version : What does this dream mean?

CharlesWill
2008-06-30, 01:27 AM
Recently, I have been having strange dreams. The other day, I dreamt about traveling in train and it getting late to the destination…I don’t know what the destination was and where it was taking me….but the ride was quite un-comfortable. And the other one I had was celebrating with my friends in a resort…..now do the two link together….???

Solo
2008-06-30, 01:36 AM
Your life will be long and uncomfortable, but you'll die at a later date comapred to when you should die.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 01:42 AM
According to a book on dream interprtations which I have with me at the minute, delayed train journeys could mean that you're limiting yourself by not exploring potentially benefitial options. The book (Dream Decoder by Joules Taylor) doesn't mention resorts at all. What was the location like? If a friend was trying to tell you something, it could apparently indicate that you want to be more then just friends, and if they were making you feel less lonely, it could give a clue on how to improve your life. Can you remember anything else about the dreams? I know this is slightly OT, but your dream reminds me of a Savage Garden song called I Don't Care: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUc7_T6Cnk (I posted the link in case it helped somehow).

Serpentine
2008-06-30, 01:44 AM
1. Your brain has been picking up random bits of data and stringing them together in your sleep.
2. You need a better, more comfortable bed.
3. You feel like you should be going somewhere or doing something, but don't know what, when, where, or how.
4. You need/want a holiday.
5. You need/want to spend more time with your friends.
6. You just like spending time with your friends and holidays.

Get back to us when they start being recurring :smallwink: Like the way my teeth keep falling out... For a while there it was the whole lot, then I'd somehow have fangs that would fall out, and now it's just normal teeth, just one or two, and half the time I suspect it's a dream but then convince myself otherwise. :smallconfused:

Seriously, most dreams can be traced back to waking stresses, concerns, and thoughts or shows or images whatever you've picked up around the place, just general psychology, and the rest are (generally, I suppose) just random brain-stuff.

BizzaroStormy
2008-06-30, 01:50 AM
try a new bed. I reccomend trying putting a twin-size matress on top of a camping cot. Its been giving me some pretty good dreams.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 01:52 AM
Would getting a new bed help? It didn't stop me from having regular dreams inwhich I'm shooting zombies (they look identical to House of the Dead or Residant Evil games).

Solo
2008-06-30, 01:52 AM
According to a book on dream interprtations which I have with me at the minute, delayed train journeys could mean that you're limiting yourself by not exploring potentially benefitial options. The book (Dream Decoder by Joules Taylor) doesn't mention resorts at all. What was the location like? If a friend was trying to tell you something, it could apparently indicate that you want to be more then just friends, and if they were making you feel less lonely, it could give a clue on how to improve your life. Can you remember anything else about the dreams? I know this is slightly OT, but your dream reminds me of a Savage Garden song called I Don't Care: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rBUc7_T6Cnk (I posted the link in case it helped somehow).

Are you sure that it does not mean that he should give Solo a wad of cash?

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 01:56 AM
The book didn't say anything about that (to be fair, it isn't that great: it doesn't mention zombies at all.:smallfrown:)

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-30, 01:59 AM
1. Your brain has been picking up random bits of data and stringing them together in your sleep.
3. You feel like you should be going somewhere or doing something, but don't know what, when, where, or how.

:biggrin: You beat me to it! :amused:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-06-30, 02:09 AM
Would getting a new bed help? It didn't stop me from having regular dreams inwhich I'm shooting zombies (they look identical to House of the Dead or Residant Evil games).
Kill more zombies!

captain_decadence
2008-06-30, 02:12 AM

Get back to us when they start being recurring :smallwink: Like the way my teeth keep falling out... For a while there it was the whole lot, then I'd somehow have fangs that would fall out, and now it's just normal teeth, just one or two, and half the time I suspect it's a dream but then convince myself otherwise. :smallconfused:

Seriously, most dreams can be traced back to waking stresses, concerns, and thoughts or shows or images whatever you've picked up around the place, just general psychology, and the rest are (generally, I suppose) just random brain-stuff.

The teeth dream is actually enormously common. All of my friends and I have had it though in different forms and ways. Maybe it means that most people are icked out by the idea of losing their teeth.

Or that our teeth are dangerous and our dream selves are trying to tell us to get rid of them. That seems plausible.

Serpentine
2008-06-30, 02:17 AM
Maybe it means that most people are icked out by the idea of losing their teeth.Yeah, I think this is pretty much it. Every now and then I stress over my teeth a bit cuz I think they feel slightly wobbly. Your other theory has merit, too :smallwink: It's weird how vivid they are, though... Like last time, it was one of the... kinda frontal molar ones, a couple behind one's canines. Top teeth, on the right hand side. I felt it get wobbly, and then I could feel the sharp top of the tooth where it was just pulling away from my gum and I could just fit my fingernail in there and started to pull at it... Once I even pinched myself because I was sure I was dreaming. It didn't work, so I assumed it must've been real :smallannoyed:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-30, 02:28 AM
I dream at most once or twice every few years. Does that mean my subconsciousness gave up on trying to send me hints? :amused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 02:29 AM
I once had a dream, some time ago. That the playground became a actual town and that we all lived there. It was awesome....

(meaning? I'm just curious...)

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 04:28 AM
I do kill them, Thanatos (te worrying thing is that I actually enjoy that sort of dream). I've never lost more then 1 or 2 teeth during dreams, but I know what Serpentine means about them often being vivid (some of my dreams physically hurt me). It would be interresting if the GitP forums became a town. What was it like, Dallas? Also, are you sure that you're not just forgetting your dreams, Don?

randman22222
2008-06-30, 04:43 AM
According to a psychology course I took, looking at a dream alone isn't nearly as useful. The dream along with how you interpret it can, and will tell you about your current mental state.

You have to interpret it first yourself. No website or anything can do this for you. Then you look at your interpretation, and the dream together, and decide why you would dream that.

Dreams are never random.

EDIT:@V Yeah... I worded this bad and contradicted myself. Edited.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-30, 05:18 AM
It would be interresting if the GitP forums became a town. What was it like, Dallas? Also, are you sure that you're not just forgetting your dreams, Don?
I have those experiences maybe a few times a year (that is, when you wake up and you realize you were dreaming but can't remember the dream). Technically I still have dreams (because I still go into REM sleep) but usually I don't know about them and just blank out until I wake up.

Teehee GITP as a town would be awesome. And we could all hang out at Bor's place and entertain him so he's not depressed.

@randman: technically dreams still mean something. Just that there are no set in stone interpretations of manifest content. A road that abruptly ends doesn't mean the person is thinking about death (random example) and a chair doesn't mean that the person is expecting a promotion as a lot of books will try to tell you. They're just different for each person, but without extensive dream analysis it's probably very difficult to figure out what specific dreams mean for specific people.

Elbert
2008-06-30, 05:20 AM
There are many dreams that go un-noticed as we don’t know what they try to say. I too keep on having dreams …and that too weird ones….and I am glad that my friend suggested a dream dictionary (http://dreamfortunetelling.com) that has answers to the different dreams. Its really a good place to get meanings to your dream and can you also analyze the dreams.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 06:47 AM
Interpretation of my dream : I think it means that I view this place as my refuge, where I have good friends and that this is the place I'd escape to if possible.

What it was like : Well, awesome.
We had our own diamont mine, so that we could easily ressurect people when HALO and AMEN clash. The mods were the police-thingy, except that they didn't object to most evil stuff, you just had to obey the laws. Everybody was what his avatar was like, and such could be changed with minor things. I had my own bakery. Bor was great, if you wanted to talk about anything, you could talk to him. And his problems were gone. I vaguely remember Rogue and FoE getting toghetter and them bickering over small stuff like what was the best way to torture people. It was unrealistic and realistic at the same time.
The Giant had his own palace with OOTS characters playing the story, and there would be updates for when a important or funny scene came. Sometimes over-crowding it. And there was a healer's place, Bor visited it often and Tempest worked there... AMEN had its actual own tower. And there was a valley behind the town where all the labs were so that if something went wrong, we wouldn't all be blown up. And Masato's house was red, I vividly remember walking past his red house.
Then to make peace with everybody, we had a giant poker tournament, but when it started, I woke up.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 06:52 AM
Thanks for tellling me. Could anyone change anyone elses apperance at will? (That definitly sounds interresting. It's a shame that it's not possible to record dreams so that other people can see them).

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 06:56 AM
Not at will. You had to visit.. A house? Don't particularly remember that, but there were people working at desks there, People like Dr. Bath were on the top floor and could make the best changes and the newest appearances.

And I remember a plate at the entrance hanging : Rest in peace mr. Saturn, may you come back hopefully.

Serpentine
2008-06-30, 07:00 AM
Heh... That would be awesome, Fennac. Reminds me of something Dali wrote:

...nothing in the world bores me more than those who have a habit of telling about their dreams or their hallucinations; not one of them is capable of bringing to life either the one or the other. For, if the eye is a miraculous thing, it is necessary to know how to use it, as I have used mine; it has become a real, soft, and psychadelic camera. I can cause it to make photographic negatives, not of exterior things, but of the visions of my thoughtsand just because it's cool, soon after that he wrote:
I have never taken drugs, since I am the drug.
I don't talk about my hallucinations, I evoke them.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic!

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 07:03 AM
I really like Dali's work. Sadly, I can't paint anywhere near as well as he could (admittedly, if you really want to see what my dreams look like a lot of the time, looking up "Umbrella Chronicles" and "House of the Dead" on Youtube should be sufficient:smallbiggrin:). His dreams must have been scaryconsidering what a lot of his art was like.

Castaras
2008-06-30, 07:39 AM
Meaning of that dream?

"All your base are belong to us."

randman22222
2008-06-30, 07:43 AM
Hmm. I need to invade people's dreams more often.

If you get arrested for jaywalking or there's an overzealous detective in you guys' next dreams, it's me.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-30, 12:35 PM
Do we have names in big, glowing letters on top of our heads? :biggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-30, 01:01 PM
I had a crazy dream a few nights ago.

My family and I are wandering around the streets of Fredericksburg, looking for some magical drama center. We're walking through a building, a very narrow old building. We walk around a corner into this really small cramped hallway. Madeline's opening little secret compartments and peering inside them about every 3 feet. We enter one of them and look around. There are people inside sitting in a circle and reading books. They look at us and are like "What?" So we leave and go back to the hallway.
Madeline stops looking through secret compartments, so I start doing so. Opening the doors is surprisingly difficult, so they slow me down and the rest of my family gets ahead of me. They reach the end of the hallway and turn right. I eventually reach the end, look to my right and see a short staircase, with a door on top and 3 really dusty smaller doors, similar to the secret doors, but now we're in full light so they're not really secret. I start opening them anyway, and this random guy comes around the corner and says with a smirk on his face "Hey Emily, you know that the drama room is through the door at the top, right?" Turns out we were in the UMW drama center the whole time. I look around, suddenly realize that we're outside, and I can see the library right where it is outside of the drama building.
I go inside. I'm greeted by this Asian chick and a nondescript skinny guy. They lead me through another door into this GINORMOUS hall, like the size of the Great Hall in the HP books. But it looks just like the staff dining room at Seacobeck, the dining hall. The food they're serving is infinitely better, and wider in variety. I see my family at a table, grab food and eat it.
THEN (I slept in, this dream is long.) the Asian chick decides we should go exploring. We go into this other room. It's large and painted a weird pink/orange color with yellow trim. The ceiling is lined with spiky things that look like needles, and the skinny boy tells me that the drama room we're looking for is through this trapdoor by the ceiling (WHAT'S WITH ALL THE DOORS?!) that none of us can get to. A ladder appears and I climb up to it, pull a needle out of the ceiling and try to pick the lock. The same guy before who pointed out the door says "This is easier." and hands me the key. I though "Who is this guy? He must be Obvious Solution Man."
I open the trapdoor and finally reach the room. I go back, tell my family, they're overjoyed. I grab a cookie from the table and then I wake up.

So, doors. Lots of doors and searching for something. And I'm pretty sure the asian chick and skinny guy were from a short story I wrote.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-06-30, 01:15 PM
I have a ridiculously overactive subconscious, so that I generally have at least 3 really long, involved, dreams... per night. And that isn't including the short ones.

I'd love to have just a merely restful sleep for once...

-=-=-=-

Three most common genres include....

#1. A lot like Mauve's, huge, unending spaces, usually basements, cellars, tunnels or public restrooms, with continuous passages and openings or doors. However, common areas also include attics, libraries, and shopping malls, with the very occasional forest. It's always at night to.

#2. Being attacked by something, or someone I care for being attacked by something, and me battling it. Often I'll have superpowers, anything from super strength or spend, to telekinesis, to help me.

#3. Me and the girl I'm in love with and our child that hasn't yet been conceived. So far it's only been one though. She is the most adorable curly-headed blondie that I've watched been born (and we named her Lorelai) and at multiple stages up to maybe three years.

Tempest Fennac
2008-06-30, 01:19 PM
What are your dreams about, Vorpal? Your dream sounded odd, Mauve. Could it be suggesting that you're looking for something specific when you're awake?

Headless_Ninja
2008-06-30, 02:14 PM
I had a dream where a history teacher at my school grabbed me and demanded that I have an eyetest at Specsavers, where he'd started working part-time. Once there, he told me that the test was only worthwhile if I was naked while it was undertaken. I freaked and ran away, calling my friend to tell him what had happened. He replied by telling me that the teacher had tried to get him to undress in history a few days before. We confronted him about it, and he apologised, saying that he just wanted to get our attention so that he could live out his dream of being a private detective with us as his assistants. CREEPY!

Incidentally, a friend of mine once apparently had a dream in which he visited an art gallery to find that every work was based around me!

Collin152
2008-06-30, 02:56 PM
I have the oddest dreams...
They're usually pretty bland, sepia things that I forget as soon as my eyes are open. Sometimes there are wierd exceptions.

Like this one. I was walking around a building I recognized as my house, that I had never seen before. I saw a crack at the bottom of one of the walls, and it looked like water was coming out. I probed at it, and there was this huge sound, lke when a water cooler bubbles, and suddenly the thing is pumping out water and flooding the place. I could smell the water! The house diddn't suffer any water damage, but i still doubt I could sell it.

And then there's this guy who keeps appearing in my dreams. He diddn't use to talk in them, but now he does, and he always recognizes that he's in a dream of mine. He's always in color, even if the dream around him isn't. And he always acts how i'd expect him to, not how I'd like him to, unlike any other dream I have...

My dreams exist only to torment me...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-06-30, 03:01 PM
I had a crazy dream a few nights ago.

My family and I are wandering around the streets of Fredericksburg, looking for some magical drama center. We're walking through a building, a very narrow old building. We walk around a corner into this really small cramped hallway. Madeline's opening little secret compartments and peering inside them about every 3 feet. We enter one of them and look around. There are people inside sitting in a circle and reading books. They look at us and are like "What?" So we leave and go back to the hallway.
Madeline stops looking through secret compartments, so I start doing so. Opening the doors is surprisingly difficult, so they slow me down and the rest of my family gets ahead of me. They reach the end of the hallway and turn right. I eventually reach the end, look to my right and see a short staircase, with a door on top and 3 really dusty smaller doors, similar to the secret doors, but now we're in full light so they're not really secret. I start opening them anyway, and this random guy comes around the corner and says with a smirk on his face "Hey Emily, you know that the drama room is through the door at the top, right?" Turns out we were in the UMW drama center the whole time. I look around, suddenly realize that we're outside, and I can see the library right where it is outside of the drama building.
I go inside. I'm greeted by this Asian chick and a nondescript skinny guy. They lead me through another door into this GINORMOUS hall, like the size of the Great Hall in the HP books. But it looks just like the staff dining room at Seacobeck, the dining hall. The food they're serving is infinitely better, and wider in variety. I see my family at a table, grab food and eat it.
THEN (I slept in, this dream is long.) the Asian chick decides we should go exploring. We go into this other room. It's large and painted a weird pink/orange color with yellow trim. The ceiling is lined with spiky things that look like needles, and the skinny boy tells me that the drama room we're looking for is through this trapdoor by the ceiling (WHAT'S WITH ALL THE DOORS?!) that none of us can get to. A ladder appears and I climb up to it, pull a needle out of the ceiling and try to pick the lock. The same guy before who pointed out the door says "This is easier." and hands me the key. I though "Who is this guy? He must be Obvious Solution Man."
I open the trapdoor and finally reach the room. I go back, tell my family, they're overjoyed. I grab a cookie from the table and then I wake up.

So, doors. Lots of doors and searching for something. And I'm pretty sure the asian chick and skinny guy were from a short story I wrote.
Isn't it obvious that the whole search was for that cookie? :smalltongue:

An Enemy Spy
2008-06-30, 04:02 PM
I once had a dream that someone had hired Darth Vader to rub me out and he and the Emperor were chasing me in a gray Chevy. It was pretty scary in the dream but when I woke up I started laughing

Mauve Shirt
2008-06-30, 04:07 PM
Isn't it obvious that the whole search was for that cookie? :smalltongue:

That's actually what my friend said, she said "Clearly the meaning of this is that getting through locked doors gets you cookies." :smallbiggrin:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-02, 12:47 AM
Wow.
Tonight I've just had a weird dream....

_________
I was eating four loafs of bread at the same time. Somehow that granted me immortality for fourhundred years.
I was playing pong for years and years on.
And when I was finally dieing.
I played out pong.
So I shouted.
I played out pong! Now I can become the god of gaming!
And everybody agreed and applauded me...

Really weird....

Naleh
2008-07-02, 02:34 AM
I'm like Don Julio Anejo on page one: I almost never have dreams (except in the technical, everyone-has-dreams-every-night-but-needn't-remember-them, sense of the phrase), and I've never had the tooth-falling-out dream.

Unfortunately, I've never had any of the other interesting mechanics of sleep. I've never sleepwalked, sleeptalked, or even snored. I've never just blinked and it was morning: I always have to spend at least ten minutes staring into the darkness before I gradually drift into sleep, and unless I'm interrupted, waking up is a similarly slow process of semi-awareness and unclear divisions. And, I've never had a nightmare. Dreams usually don't go my way, but they aren't scary.

Time for a Wall of Text(tm)!
The last dream I remember having was about walking around in the bush* for a while, and then seeing the new girl at school, but the new girl's mother (who I've never seen, she was invented for the dream) hurried her away, aparently assuming I had lustful intent. Later I tried to visit her house (what the? I never visit people's houses), which in the dream was a few streets away from mine and was right next to the non-existent bush*. Again, her mother wouldn't let me near. So I went home (and in the dream I lived in the house across the road from there, instead of my real house) and mulled it over for a while, and then I returned to her house for one last attempt. I dunno why I was so intent on befriending her - maybe because I've started new schools so many times? Anyway, this time I ended up inside her house, where a guy with a gun was holding the family hostage (I was fading into wakefulness at this point, so I seem to have consciously inserted him as a way to heroically show I meant no harm). I fearlessly beat up the guy with the gun (they're actually pretty useless at close range) but that just terrified the family. And then the dream ended, because I could no longer deny that I was fully awake.

But that dream was more than a year ago...

* "the bush" = slang for a forest, particularly one with a lot of undergrowth, as typical of New Zealand rainforests.

Lerky
2008-07-10, 09:46 PM
if anyone ever needs help in learning the meaning of their dreams PM DoranLiadon, he's really good at that stuff. Like sppoky good:smalleek: