PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Two-bladed swords?

Hoplite
2008-06-30, 11:11 AM
Are there any rules in 4e for two-bladed swords? I want to create a paladin that uses one, but I couldn't find it.

SamTheCleric
2008-06-30, 11:12 AM
Are there any rules in 4e for two-bladed swords? I want to create a paladin that uses one, but I couldn't find it.

Not as of yet... the equipment tables are suprisingly short as of right now... but that was probably intentional seeing as the first splat book, the Adventerurer's Vault, is rumored to contain 2000 more items, both mundane and magical.

Hoplite
2008-06-30, 11:27 AM
I see, I think I will just have to homebrew something then. For example I could instead make a two-bladed ranger and just pretend that the two blades are actually 1.:smallamused:

SamTheCleric
2008-06-30, 11:29 AM
I see, I think I will just have to homebrew something then. For example I could instead make a two-bladed ranger and just pretend that the two blades are actually 1.:smallamused:

Sounds reasonable to me... just treat it as a longsword in each hand... :smallbiggrin:

Hoplite
2008-06-30, 11:35 AM
Sounds reasonable to me... just treat it as a longsword in each hand... :smallbiggrin:

How awesome is that! Looking at the damage they do, 1d8. Longsword would actually be most like the two-bladed sword in 3.5. And as far as I know there are no rules that would make fighting with two long sword (as can be done by rangers alread) any different from fighting with a two-bladed sword.

Kurald Galain
2008-06-30, 11:47 AM
How awesome is that! Looking at the damage they do, 1d8. Longsword would actually be most like the two-bladed sword in 3.5. And as far as I know there are no rules that would make fighting with two long sword (as can be done by rangers alread) any different from fighting with a two-bladed sword.

Well, apart from the fact that it's quite a bit easier to slice yourself in half with a twin-blade, no :smallbiggrin:

Human Paragon 3
2008-06-30, 11:55 AM
You could make it a Superior Weapon as well, that deals +1 damage when used to make a single attack (like versitile).

Tsotha-lanti
2008-06-30, 12:44 PM
There's no double weapons. Just use two longswords.

Yakk
2008-06-30, 01:09 PM
A Paladin who uses a double-bladed weapon should probably be considered to be using, say, a longsword and a short sword.