PDA

View Full Version : [Class, 4e] Necro-knight, update

Blackdrop
2008-06-30, 04:52 PM
Progress Report

6/30- Class Started
6/30- Class Traits Done
6/30- "Class Features" Section added.

Original Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62194)

With the advent of 4e, and me really wanting to play this class again, I've bellied up to the design table to take up the daunting task of creating a 4e character class. Seeing as I've got no one else's work to use as a foundation, most the powers are not going to be easy to read.

So, what am I waiting for? Let's get to work!

"I do not fear Death, Death fears me!"

Class Traits
Role: Striker
Power Source: Divine
Key Abilities: Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, Chain, Scale, Plate; light shield, heavy shield
Weapom Proficiencies: Simple Melee, Military Melee, Simple Ranged
Implements: ??? (I really want to use grave dust or something similar)
Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Will

Hit Points at 1st Level: 14 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 6
Healing Surgs per Day: 8 + Constitution modifier

Trained Skills: Religion. From the class list below pick three more trained skills at 1st level.
Class Skills: Arcana(Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Endurance (Con), Heal (Wis), History (Int), Insight (Wis), Religion (Int)

Build Options: Crypt-raiding Necro-knight, Graveyard Stalking Necro-Knight
Class Features: Channel Divinity, Necrotic Resistance, Necroblade

Creating a Necro-Knight
Necro-Knight use three main abilities: Strength, Constitution, and Wisdom. They start with two basic builds: the crypt-raiding necro-knight, who primarily uses their Constitution based prayers, and the graveyard stalking necro-knight, who primarily uses their Wisdom based prayers. Strength is also helpful for their melee attacks, but doesn't apply to any of their powers.

Crypt-raiding Necro-Knight

Graveyard Stalking Necro-Knight

Necro-Knight Class Features

Channel Divinity
Once per encounter you can invoke divine power, filling yourself with the might of your patron deity. With the divine might you can wield special powers, such as Divine Infusion and Draw Undead. Some Necro-Knights learn other uses for this feature.
Regardless of how many different uses for Channel Divinity you know, you can only use one such ability per encounter. The special ability or power you invoke works just like your other powers.

Necrotic Resistance
As a necro-knight you go through vigorous training to resist the effect the effects of necrotic spells. As such you have necrotic resistance 5 + one-half your level.

Necroblade
The necroblade technique is an ability almost as old the the necro-knight itself. You can charge your weapon with your spirit to unleash a powerful attack.

Necro-Knight Powers
Necro-Knight powers are called prayers. During combat, a necro-knight's power is a valuable ability to have on your team, whether it be fighting the local band of orcs or, their favorite prey, the undead.

Class Features
The necro-knight utilizes two class features that work like powers: Channel Divinity and the mighty necroblade. The Channel Divinity class feature encompasses multiple powers, two of which, Divine Infusion and Draw Undead are present below.

Class Feature Powers

Channel Divinity: Divine Infusion
The faith you have in you deity allows to strike home with each attack made against you enemies
Encounter * Divine
Minor Action---------Personnal
Effect: Apply you Constitution modifier to your next attack this turn.

Channel Divinity: Draw Undead
Your deity gives you the power to act like a magnet towards the undead.
Encounter * Divine, Radiant
Standard Action---------Close burst 5
--------------------------(6 at 11th and 7 at 21st)
Target:Each undead in burst
Attack:Wisdom vs. Will
Effect: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier radiant damage, and you pull the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Charisma Modifier. If an ally can make an opportunity attack against the target, they can.

Necroblade
Your weapon becomes alight with light purple energy, to use to injure the living and destroy the undead
At-will * Divine, Weapon, Radiant, Necrotic
Standard Action---------Melee weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom Modifier + Healing Surge amount. In addition, if your target is undead, the damage is increased to 2[W]
Effect: To be decided