PDA

View Full Version : MTG "You Make the Card" System

Zovc
2008-07-01, 01:41 AM
I saw a thread on here regarding a "You Make the Card" System. I've recently done some work on the same thing, and before I post here I'd like to see if that thread is still alive.

I don't want to steal the first guy's thunder, and I'm not quite sure where he got to, if you have a link or know what I'm talking about feel free to direct me.

RTGoodman
2008-07-01, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, but I have a couple of ideas.

The first thing I thought of is the Magic Set Editor, which is free software you can download here (http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/) that literally lets you design M:tG cards.

The second thing I thought of was someone that was here a while ago talking about creating his own CCG that wasn't really Magic but was somewhat similar. Can't remember his name or find a link, though.

Hope one of those helped. :smallredface: If not, someone else'll have to.

Zovc
2008-07-01, 01:51 AM
No, not quite what I was looking for, but thanks for posting at the least.

I am aware of Magic Set Editor, and I use it, I'm thinking of a system that would take advantage of it or preferably Magic Workstation.

I'm not talking about making a new card game, either, I'm talking about a system used to make 'balanced' magic the gathering cards by using 'simplified' mathematical formulas.

tsuuga
2008-07-01, 07:28 AM
Ah. I'm afraid you may be out of luck there... Even the R&D guys play it by feel. I would recommend that you read the Making Magic columns on magicthegathering.com for more information on how cards are designed

Zovc
2008-07-01, 01:22 PM
I appreciate you saying that, but it has been said many times before. I made a forum on the MTG forums that had about two other people helping me and everyone else informing me that Wizards does not have a system, although I acknowledged this three times myself in the thread.

I know that Wizards does not have a system for this, and I'm not asking for Wizard's system. I'm making this so that a 'league' could be made for 'balanced', custom deck competitions. I think playing with completely new cards would be fun, personally.

Anyways, it doesn't look like anyone here remembers the thread I do, so I'll probably end up posting one later today.