PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Lord Iames Osari
2008-07-01, 01:49 AM
My day was fine up until I started trying to go home.

First, I talked to the people in my office, to see if anyone could give me a ride. No. :smallfrown:

So I called a cab. I said, "Hello, I'd like a cab from the intersection of A and B to the gas station just south of the intersection of X and Y."

Cab Company Person: "Wait, you're at the gas station?"

"No, I'm at the intersection of A and B."

"Okay, it'll be about 15-30 minutes."

Forty minutes pass. :smallannoyed: I call again.

Cab Company Person: "Oh, we thought you wanted to be picked up at the gas station."

Twenty minutes pass, a cab comes, takes me to the gas station (right next to the gates of the community I live in). I pay the driver, then go in to get some Coke and a pint of ice cream. Then I walk to my house, turn on my laptop, go to the bathroom, then open my soda.

Which explodes all over my laptop. :smallmad:

I clean it up and then open my ice cream, only to find that it had melted. :smallfurious:

Zakama
2008-07-01, 01:52 AM
Wow, that stinks. Sorry man. :smallfrown:

SilverSheriff
2008-07-01, 01:53 AM
thats why you stick Ice-Cream in the freezer and wait until after dinner.:smalltongue:

poor you.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-07-01, 01:55 AM
It was 12-wombatting-40 at night.:smallmad:

13_CBS
2008-07-01, 01:55 AM
Dang, my condolences sir.

If it makes you feel any better, I ran into a spot of bad luck this week too. I was trying to order TF2 online via Steam, but since I'm overseas I had to borrow my brother's credit card, which was issued in the States. Valve has a policy where, if a customer attempts to purchase their product using a credit card that wasn't issued in the country they are ordering from, that customer has to personally email Valve and ask for help. So I did.

It was just my luck to send them the email on Friday evening, forcing me to impatiently wait till Monday for even a reply. I got a reply, but then my mother cleaned my room and threw away my brother's credit card #, which I had written down (he gave me permission to use it). Since there's a 13 hour time-zone difference between us, I have to wait till my tomorrow morning for my brother to call me again.

Bleh.

Is your laptop fine at least?

FoE
2008-07-01, 01:57 AM
Hey, I got attacked by ninjas today, and you don't hear me complaining.

On the other hand, I get attacked by ninjas every day, so I've gotten used to it. :smalltongue:

I can't lie to you about your chances, Osari, but ... you have my sympathies. :smallsmile:

Lord Iames Osari
2008-07-01, 02:02 AM
Is your laptop fine at least?I think so. It's working to make these posts, at least.

Serpentine
2008-07-01, 02:24 AM
Aww. I thought this was gonna be about pirates :smallfrown:

>hugs< for the bad night, Osari.

Zephra
2008-07-01, 08:24 AM
wow. Did you go outside and whack things with baseball bats? that usually helps a great deal...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-01, 08:31 AM
wow. Did you go outside and whack things with baseball bats? that usually helps a great deal...
I used to do that.
They forbade it:smallannoyed:

Phase
2008-07-01, 09:15 AM
I like to bite things when angry, but most things fall under five categorys: Things that are so soft to get a proper reaction from; Things that are too hard to safely bite; Food, which I bite anyway, and so get no satisfaction; Paper, which is a waste of trees; and human flesh...

Icewalker
2008-07-02, 05:48 AM
Good to hear that your computer is still working. That would've really sucked.

wxdruid
2008-07-02, 05:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your day, hope it gets better soon.

Lord Iames Osari
2008-07-02, 05:10 PM
That was yesterday/two days ago. But thank you. :smallsmile:

EvilElitest
2008-07-02, 09:26 PM
if it makes you feel better, i got hit by a car.......so yeah
from
EE

EndlessWrath
2008-07-02, 09:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had a sucky night. But something good will come out of it, cause you seem like a decent fellow.

Fate works in odd ways my friend... but at least you have your health.... and good taste (go Zechs (sig.))

Collin152
2008-07-02, 09:49 PM
Karma nesecitates that you now rule the world for... an hour or so?
Have a nice day.

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-02, 09:52 PM
Yarr, these ninjas be a plague to all. Always shakin' up me rum, meltin' me tootie fruity, and nailing me to the poop deck when I be asleep. To Davey Jones' locker with the lot of em'!

Don Julio Anejo
2008-07-02, 10:02 PM
My cab story.

About a year ago. I'm clubbing with some friends (it was one of my friends' birthday party). Near the closing I decide to visit the bathroom since all those shots and beers are starting to catch up with me. I come back and realize that my friends aren't there. I call them birthday girl only to find out that they already left and were crossing the bridge Burrard bridge already (those who live in Vancouver will know, those who don't - there's no easy way to get off the bridge without driving around half of Kitsilano), so they can't come back for me. And they thought I left with another half of our group which left around the same time as I went to the bathroom. I didn't even bother calling them since they would be home by now.

So I go outside all pissed off, get a coffee from a 24-hour Blenz and start to look for a cab. This is surprisingly harder at 4AM compared to 1AM since everyone is leaving and there aren't enough cabs to come by. I finally find one right at the bridge and get in.

After giving directions I realize that the guy is driving in the direction completely opposite to where I live. So I call him on that... He answers in one of the best East Indian accents I have ever heard:
"It's okay. It is a veddy-veddy gud shodcut right dis way."
Okay. Very good shortcut it is... especially considering it goes from Granville Street to Stanley Park (for those who don't know Vancouver, which is I assume everyone - it takes almost as long to drive there from the entertainment district to where I live).

It also made my fare jump from the normal $25 to around $40. It also made me very pissed off that the guy obviously thought I was very drunk and tried to scam me. And that he would refuse to change the fare to what it should normally be. And it took me about 20 minutes of arguing at 4:30 in the morning to get the fare down to 30 bucks (which is what I would have given the guy if he drove me normally - 25+tip). The only way I was able to do it is by demanding his employee ID number, his supervisor's phone number, another random supervisor's phone number and to make sure he doesn't give me fake data, to see a piece of ID.

Purple Cloak
2008-07-05, 10:06 AM
Your moaning, I went to a church fundraser, has a go on a raffle and won a clown! A CLOWN! *burbles madly in the fetal position*

But seriosly thats realy quite unfortunate dude.
At least your laptop survived right?

Arameus
2008-07-05, 10:18 AM
In Soviet Russia, BAD DAY has YOU!

FdL
2008-07-05, 02:54 PM
Lord Iames: That sucks, sure. It can happen.

But well, the thing with coke and laptop can be easily avoided. Wouldn't ever happen to me, that kind of thing being the reason why I don't usually eat or drink near my computers.

Mr. Scaly
2008-07-05, 09:49 PM
Why are taxi stories always so tragic?

The incident that put me off taxis forever isn't that bad but still pretty horrible. So me and two friends had this thing going on where we'd all head down to the local hobby shop every Thursday for some TCGs, mangas, and general hanging out followed by pizza. This one day my friend hears that the card games will be played at 11;00 AM as opposed to the usual 6:00 PM so we all head down there. At around noon with nobody showing up we ask the owner and he says that the games were being held at the usual time, and after much discussion we decide to head back to the house and wait.

Here's where it gets tragic. My friend didn't want to use up his bus tickets which would have taken us right to his place, so we called a cab. And he sounded suspiciously like Don Julio Anejo's driver...perfect east Indian accent. And instead of taking us the short way, up the highway, he drove us all the way around the damn city. The fare ended up being 27 bucks, which cost me personally 13.50 since my third friend never has any money.