PDA

View Full Version : Error in animal endowment

JonahFalcon
2008-07-01, 09:48 AM
Rich,

The "literally hung like a bear" joke doesn't work, because in reality, bears have extremely small penises, especially in relation to their body size. Now, had you said "literally hung like a horse", then it works.

Miraqariftsky
2008-07-01, 10:38 AM
Aye... but this series began as a satire of the game of D&D. High level druids more oft than not have bears as animal companions if I be not mistaken.

Taking it through psychology, literature and wordplay while still taking realistic biology into account... maybe it was a rephrasing of "You went with the lesser man"? Or because the bugger is a symbol of "Overcompensating for something" since a bear is so much more powerful than a man in other aspects. Maybe if looked at from a (or anti-)feminist perspective, mayhap it shows that the druid's wife sought something more bestial or on the other side, shows that there be little difference between man and beast...

But then of course, we're all over-reading, aye?

Stupendous_Man
2008-07-01, 10:43 AM
this is a disturbing complaint thread

FujinAkari
2008-07-01, 10:47 AM
Where does it say that the kobold is claiming the druid is well endowed? Most of the MOST aggressive and irritable men I've encountered were those whose attitude was a form of compensation...

Stupendous_Man
2008-07-01, 11:00 AM
......how do you know.....nevermind.... off to soa k my brain n acid

Miraqariftsky
2008-07-01, 11:17 AM
this is a disturbing complaint thread

*shrug*

I tried to respond in scholarly manner... Nevertheless, I agree furthermore that it is a disturbing piece of innuendo more than it is a disturbing complaint.

King of Nowhere
2008-07-01, 11:29 AM
n reality, bears have extremely small penises
We know that animal companions have a lot of improvements compared to the normal form. Maybe they get a bonus there? Come on, it's a symbol of natural might, it totally fit the class!

Joran
2008-07-01, 01:01 PM
......how do you know.....nevermind.... off to soa k my brain n acid

I had dinner one time with Animal Science graduates from my college. They were gracious enough not to disturb me too much, but the things I learned... the... horror...

Chronos
2008-07-01, 01:57 PM
In relation to our body size, human males actually have fairly large penes, compared to most other animals. We're better-endowed than any other primate. But if you really want to compliment a fellow, tell him he's hung like a barnacle: The male barnacle's penis is 40 times his body length.