PDA

View Full Version : What Lien Heard.

Logalmier
2008-07-01, 06:55 PM
In comic #563 we hear Lien saying to Lord Hinjo that she heard something, and if she could talk to him privately about it. This is my theory: in comic #559 Lien heard that little devil saying that Lord Kubota is planing to kill Hinjo. When we next see them she will be telling him about his treachery. I further hypothesize under this theory that Hinjo will then openly turn against Kubota. Ensuring a long fight scene ending in the death of Kubota. What do you think?

Kish
2008-07-01, 08:14 PM
In comic #563 we hear Lien saying to Lord Hinjo that she heard something, and if she could talk to him privately about it. This is my theory: in comic #559 Lien heard that little devil saying that Lord Kubota is planing to kill Hinjo. When we next see them she will be telling him about his treachery. I further hypothesize under this theory that Hinjo will then openly turn against Kubota. Ensuring a long fight scene ending in the death of Kubota. What do you think?
But Hinjo always knew Kubota had tried to kill him. Nothing's changed, as far as that goes. "You have the word of something you didn't see that speaks in red text that I was planning to kill you, Hinjo? Somehow I don't think that will hold up in court, but do keep making these preposterous accusations, each one makes you look less qualified to rule."

David Argall
2008-07-01, 08:20 PM
In 560, Lien expresses her distrust of our little ninja, but does not mention anything of the conversation with Qarr. Since that conversation would be a strong selling point for her position, the assumption has to be she didn't hear anything.
A Kubota-Hinjo fight scene is distinctly unlikely. The protagonists are called that because they do most everything in the story, particularly the things that advance the cause. [Miko kills Shojo and blows up the gate because that causes problems for the party. Killing Kubota solves problems and thus is going to be done by a party member, Roy quite possibly.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-07-01, 08:24 PM
In comic #563 we hear Lien saying to Lord Hinjo that she heard something, and if she could talk to him privately about it.

She could be referring to the voice of Therkla when Elan still thought she was Banjo. Everyone but Elan knows that Therkla would be okay with everyone except Elan being eviscerated. That alone should be enough to warrant a discussion with Hinjo.

Ninja'd by David Argall...how embarrassing.

On an unrelated note...I appreciate you sigging my quote.

SPoD
2008-07-02, 09:43 AM
In 560, Lien expresses her distrust of our little ninja, but does not mention anything of the conversation with Qarr. Since that conversation would be a strong selling point for her position, the assumption has to be she didn't hear anything.

I don't think it was crystal clear by #560 that the voice and the ninja behind the altar were working together. Nothing Qarr says automatically places him as a co-conspirator to the ninja--if anything, they seem to be working at cross-purposes--and Qarr does not speak to Therkla directly, just to the entire assembled group. So it's possible that Lien just wasn't sure enough about the voice's connection to Therkla to use it to argue against her.

That doesn't mean she didn't hear it or thinks it's harmless, though. In particular, Qarr's comment about using Charm Monster seems to give away the sudden increase in random monster attacks that she herself mentions in #508. She could be discussing with Hinjo that she's found the source of the monster attacks, and they may or may not be related to this ninja girl.

David Argall
2008-07-02, 01:48 PM
I don't think it was crystal clear by #560 that the voice and the ninja behind the altar were working together. Nothing Qarr says automatically places him as a co-conspirator to the ninja--if anything, they seem to be working at cross-purposes--and Qarr does not speak to Therkla directly, just to the entire assembled group.
Qarr has two conversations in 559, one with more or less everybody, and one with our half-orc. What he said to Therkla very definitely would be highly suspicious. Given her record, she might be able to talk her way out of it, but she does not have the chance and so if Lien heard that conversation, she would use it during the run. However she was quite likely distracted by various orcs trying to put primative weapons into vital parts of her anatomy at the time. So our presumption is that she didn't hear the second conversation and thus has no real link to Kubota. [It would be reasonable, even near certain, for her to think there is a link, but there is no evidence.]

That doesn't mean she didn't hear it or thinks it's harmless, though. In particular, Qarr's comment about using Charm Monster seems to give away the sudden increase in random monster attacks that she herself mentions in #508.
While the idea is speculative, Qarr's comment about charm monster may have been merely a thought or something muttered rather than a statement all could hear.

She could be discussing with Hinjo that she's found the source of the monster attacks, and they may or may not be related to this ninja girl.
Possible, but the ninja is something to discuss with Hinjo. One possible explanation that is not that far [while being quite far at the same time] from
the truth would be that Hinjo's self-appointed body guard has a girlfriend who might be able to persuade him to do something unhealthy for Hinjo.

Logalmier
2008-07-02, 03:18 PM
Okay, you've all made better points then I have, so I think that that particular theory has been beaten down. But then what are your theories on the subject? What did Lien hear that made her need to speak privately to her lord? Is there any other information that they didn't know before she visited the orc island that she could have heard? I now want to know YOUR theories.

Regneva
2008-07-23, 12:56 PM
There I go, thinking it was about something regarding his JUNK...