PDA

View Full Version : Item Creation Questions

Leon
2008-07-02, 05:06 AM
Ive been trying to work out a Item for my Archivist.
and like some help with the numbers and any pointers for things that ive gotten wrong or missed

Torc of Luna Nullius - Uses Amulet Slot
Spell: Countermoon (lvl 2 Druid Spell 12hr Duration)
Metamagic: Extend Spell

1 Charge/day Use Activated

My calculations are 2 (spell Lvl) x 5 (Min Caster Lvl) x 1000 (Use activated w/ 24hr or longer duration) = 10000gp

Is that correct, it seem much to big for a once per day low spell trinket

Some background for the creation of this, my Archivist is a Werewolf, just coming to terms with his affliction and while finding that some of the side affects are good, the others less so...
It would give much peace of mind to the rest of the party that Demetrius wont flip out and try to eat them if damaged in combat or is otherwise forced to change.

DrowVampyre
2008-07-02, 05:52 AM
I'm not real familiar with creating magic items, or how metamagic works with that, but you forgot an important modifier: "Divide by (5 divided by charges per day)". So divide by 5, in your case, for a price of 2,000 gp, not 10,000. I think. >_> <_<

marjan
2008-07-02, 06:21 AM
First, I need to ask a question: Are you DM or player?

If you are player than you should check with your DM, as he has the final word on anything you want to do.

If you are DM:

When you are using meta-magiced spell to create item treat its spell level as actual spell level + meta-magic feat adjustment.

In case of use activated the formula would be spell level * CL * 2000 * (charges per day/5). Adjustment for duration is only applied if you make continuous item.

I'm not familiar with the spell in question, but if you applied the formula correctly it would be base for pricing item. For the correct price, we'll need to consider the effects of the spell (with which I'm not familiar) to come to the final price.

Leon
2008-07-02, 08:30 PM
Ah, Thanks. that number looks much more correct

Im a Player, just wanting to get the numbers crunched and see if it would work before i put the idea upto the DMs