PDA

View Full Version : [4e] - Brainstorming some Channel Divinity Feats

SamTheCleric
2008-07-02, 09:31 PM
Vortling, Starsinger and I have been kicking around some ideas for feats to enhance the Channel Divinity powers for the Paladin and Cleric.

Here are some of the feats that we have come up with.

[Open Mind] Cleric, Paragon. Benefit: You may take the channel divinity feat for another deity with the same alignment as your own.

[Divine Conduit] Requirements: Epic Tier, Channel Divinity class feature. Benefit: You may use your channel divinity twice per encounter, but no more than once per round, and you may not use the same ability both times.

[Act of Faith] Requirements: Paragon Tier, Channel Divinity class feature. Benefit: You may spend an action point as a minor action to gain another use of your channel divinity class feature.

[Strength of the Gods] Prerequisite: Paragon Tier, Soldier of the Faith, Channel Divinity Class Feature. You may use Divine Strength and Divine Mettle as part of your Channel Divinity Class Feature.

[Wisdom of the Gods], Prerequisite: Paragon Tier, Initiate of the Faith, Channel Divinity Class Feature. You may use Turn Undead and Divine Favor as part of your Channel Divinity Class Feature.

I'd also like to try and make Channel Divinity feats for the Evil gods as well as feats for each deity at the Paragon and Epic level.

Any thoughts?

RTGoodman
2008-07-02, 09:56 PM
Some ideas off the top of my head:

-The Raven Queen: She already has a Heroic-level Channel Divinity feat, but I like the "Throw down the prideful" aspect of her personality than the "Hey, I like when people die" part. For that, I was thinking maybe a power sort of like the Halfling ability to force opponents to reroll on roll. I don't know if that would be good enough for a Paragon level feat, though.

-Tiamat: Well, she is the Chromatic Dragon, so you could do something with the five energy types as a breath weapon or some other sort of attack.

-Zehir: Well, he's the assassin and poison god, so there could be some sort of poison-related attack that does something special if the user has Combat Advantage against the target.

-Tharizdun: Well, he's the Chained God, the Elder Elemental, and just generally the Guy Who Wants To Destroy The World And Stuff. Maybe a Close Burst attack that does Necrotic damage and has some sort of status effect against living targets? (Sort of the anti-Pelor power.)

-Bane: As a crazy Blackguard kinda guy, I kind of imagine a fear-related ability, maybe as part of a melee attack.

That's all I've got right now, but I'll try to go back over the Evil gods and see if I can think of anything else.

SamTheCleric
2008-07-03, 06:23 AM
Starsinger came up with one last night for Tiamat... Was something like

"If you or an ally score a critical hit, add 10 fire, acid, cold or electricity damage (your choice) to the damage dealt. Increase this to 15 at paragon tier and 20 at epic tier"

I thought it was quite appropriate.