PDA

View Full Version : Solo game, need help

Boci
2008-07-03, 05:45 PM
I am currently playing a 5th level warblade (I started at 4th level) and I need some help with a challenge.

My character atributes plus house rules:
Life: 48
Str: 18 Int: 14
Dex: 12 Wis: 10
Con: 14 Cha: 8
AC: 13, Flat: 12, Touch: 11 (12/11/10 on 1st round of combat)
Init: +1 (+2 on first round of combat)
BAB: +5
Speed: 30ft

Fests: EWP: Katana, Combat ex, power attack, I. trip, w. focus swords and slashing dance.
Flaws: inattentive, shaky
Traits: Aggressive

Skills: All class and maxed out: Balance, climb, concentration, jump, martial lore, swim and tumble.

Maneuvers: 1st level: Steel wind, Action before thought, Sapphire Nightmare Blade
2nd: Emerald Razor, wall of blades
3rd: Insightful strike,

Stances: 1st: Stance of clarity,
3rd: Pearl of Black doubt

Important house rules:
Feats
1. Weapon focus swords gives me the weapon focus feat with all swords.
2. Slashing dance gives me a +1 shield bonus and an extra attack at a -5 penalty that deals 1d4+0.5 my strength modifier bludgeoning damage when I attack with a sword as a full round action.

Warblade:
1. DM allowed me to delay the stance I learnt at level 4 to level 5
2. The DM has allowed me to ready all my known maneuvers, significantly boosting my power level

Other: 1st. Aggressive trait has been modified to give me +1 init and -1 AC on the first round of combat only.
2. Sleeping and eating a large supper allows me to restore me life points to their maximum level

My equipment is a short sword, some rope, plenty of fish and some leather amour. A typical attack is +9 1-6+3 19-20/x2.

Setting: I'm in the middle of a giant swamp. The vegetation consists of trees (hard to climb) and mushrooms (easy to climb). My task is to kill a tribe of snake men.

Snake men data:
Life: Varies with each creature from 15-30.
AC: From about 14-18, the majority being a dexterity bonus.
Attack: They can hit me with a 9 or better, assuming I'm not in a single stance
Damage: They duel wield daggers dealing 1d4 damage with each hit.
Speed: Slower than me on the path but faster in the swamp.
Special attack: The first ones I thought with had a save or suck DC 15 will save ability, but the DM seems to have removed that from their arsenal.

So far I have killed 10 of them (3 where noncombatant). The remaining 17 are now staying in the camp, never splitting up and I can't take them all on at once. I've tried throwing things at their camp and then running but either all of them or none of them run after me then.

Resources: There is a village of smurfs (blue skinned halflings like creatures) who I have made allies with. They are very backward, rope and the leather armour being the only useful things they can offer me. Their leader has given me his 2 best soldiers to help me, but neither can take up the fight with a single snake man. The only path is the one linking the smurf village to the snake people's camp.
In addition to the this there are also rocks and branches as well as the mushrooms. When they where in small group I could turn the tide in my favour by cutting down mushrooms towards them but now there are too many for that tactic to work.

So, how do I split them up or defeat them?

Baron Corm
2008-07-03, 06:04 PM
If the snake-men never leave their village, you can wait them out and starve them. If they leave in packs to go hunting, you can ambush them. If they all leave at once, you can leave traps for them at home, and wreck things up.

At nightfall, when most of them are sleeping, you could probably take out the sentries too. If there's no sentries, even better.

Boci
2008-07-04, 03:47 PM
If the snake-men never leave their village, you can wait them out and starve them. If they leave in packs to go hunting, you can ambush them. If they all leave at once, you can leave traps for them at home, and wreck things up.

At nightfall, when most of them are sleeping, you could probably take out the sentries too. If there's no sentries, even better.

I don't think food would be an issue for them but night raids looks like the best way to go for now. Thanks.

Boci
2008-07-07, 04:27 PM
bump bump bump

SilverSheriff
2008-07-07, 04:54 PM
bump bump bump

thats not a good idea.:annoyed:

just sneak around the outside of their village and Burn something, hide somewhere, take out the people that fall behind their group with your sword.

monty
2008-07-07, 05:04 PM
Bumping is bad.

Anyway, hit-and-run tactics are probably the best way to go. Ever see Predator? Be like that; take them out one at a time without getting detected.

Boci
2008-07-08, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the replies. With three people saying so, it appears my only real option is to use hit and run tactics, using insightful strike then sapphire nightmare blade should kill one, then I can tumble away, and repeat this procedure until there only say the leader and two others left which I will then take on face to face.

As bumping, why is it bad? I had one person’s opinion on the matter, and I wanted someone else’s. What was I suppose to do? Repost the thread all over again. As long as people wait at least 48 hours before bumping (rules on the WoTC site) I see nothing wrong with it.