PDA

View Full Version : roy's father must be jewish...

dehro
2008-07-04, 04:39 AM
must be!
he sounds like a yiddishe mame from the very off (right here in his final remarks... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0015.html) how more yiddishe mame can you get, seriously?
that plus he keeps complaining about the career choices of his son AND he has burdened his offspring with a major complex related to his very own youth and "the way he was treated", shaping their lives around his own agenda, setting them on a path mainly for "ancestral reasons"...
the more I think of it, the more it seems likely..
the next thing will be having him fussing over eventual offspring and how "suitable" Celia might be (but then, she is an embodiement of magic, so maybe he'll find that a redemption of sorts :smallbiggrin:)
and before you get all self-reightous and holier-than-thou, let me tell you I myself am a jew and am therefore fully authorized to mock the subject, so please let's just take this for what it's worth..a joke

Ninja
2008-07-04, 04:43 AM
damn staight!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

Pandabear
2008-07-04, 06:49 AM
Eugene and Roy always remind me of Stanford and Son for some reason..

Laurentio II
2008-07-04, 07:06 AM
You know? Maybe you are right. Even if Mrs Greenhilt seems all but a jewish mum, still Sara and Horace (Roy Granfather's name) are acceptable jewish names.
I like this theory (even if we know that has no place in a D&D setting, for the most obvious lack of Jehova).

Just for the fun... so roy is a black bald jew? It remind me of an old comic tale... is he even communist, maybe?

Carinthium
2008-07-04, 07:11 AM
By the way, I am curious- where can I find this forum's stupidest speculations?

Ninja
2008-07-04, 07:13 AM

everywhere..... almost every second thread qualifies....

Laurentio II
2008-07-04, 07:16 AM
Do a search with "Vaarsuvius + sex", or "Belkar + neutral". Even MiTD's theoric nature is a good place to fertilize an epileptic tree.

Lunaya
2008-07-04, 07:19 AM
My Jewish grandfather is one of the gentlest, most loving men I have ever known, completely Eugene Greenhilt's opposite. So I, personally, can't see Eugene as being Jewish.

Paladin29
2008-07-04, 07:35 AM
He, he... Itīs possible Dehro, but that characteristics can be found in some catholic families too here in my countri :smallbiggrin:

P.D. Ooooh, Laurentio is back!! :smallamused:

dehro
2008-07-04, 07:39 AM
You know? Maybe you are right. Even if Mrs Greenhilt seems all but a jewish mum, still Sara and Horace (Roy Granfather's name) are acceptable jewish names.
I like this theory (even if we know that has no place in a D&D setting, for the most obvious lack of Jehova).

Just for the fun... so roy is a black bald jew? It remind me of an old comic tale... is he even communist, maybe?

I hadn't thought of the "black" element... I can only answer "sammy davis Jr." to that...
Eugene does make me think of my own (very) jewish grandad, and that's in fact what started me on it...and he also has elements of yiddishe mame as I said...so...still...
glad you liked it, anyway :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Roderick_BR
2008-07-04, 08:23 AM
(...)
that plus he keeps complaining about the career choices of his son AND he has burdened his offspring with a major complex related to his very own youth and "the way he was treated", shaping their lives around his own agenda, setting them on a path mainly for "ancestral reasons"...
the more I think of it, the more it seems likely..
the next thing will be having him fussing over eventual offspring and how "suitable" Celia might be (but then, she is an embodiement of magic, so maybe he'll find that a redemption of sorts :smallbiggrin:)
(...)
How is that different from any other person from any other religion? :smalltongue: I see enough Roman Catholics doing the same :smallsigh: (I'm Roman Catholic, just for the record)

Chazzie
2008-07-04, 08:53 AM
And Roy is a fighter, so he must be stupid.

Stereotypes are cool, kids! (:

Seriously though, I've never seen Rich really work off of any stereotypes unless it just really added to the amusement. And if he's about to have a stereotype, he lampshades or subverts it.

Roland St. Jude
2008-07-04, 09:25 AM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Real World Religion is not an appropriate topic for these boards - not even when ti intersects a comic or gaming topic. Please review the Forum Rules.