PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon generator

wojonatior
2008-07-04, 09:46 AM
This is a little thing i stumbled upon on the internet. what you do is put in the parameters and it creates a dungeon in a couple seconds with monsters, descriptions for each room, and descriptions for each door.
the link is http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml
p.s. they also have some others like npc, town, and treasure generators at the bottom.

Jack_Simth
2008-07-04, 12:29 PM
It doesn't do NPC gear, though; with that one, a Drow Warrior has X gp in equipment. You'll want Dire Press' Dungeon Generator (http://direpress.bin.sh/tools/dungeon.cgi) for that.

Enguhl
2008-07-04, 02:17 PM
Dire Press' Dungeon Generator (http://direpress.bin.sh/tools/dungeon.cgi)

Oh, that's nice. No longer will "Campaign ended last week and I haven't had time to make anything." happen.

Jack_Simth
2008-07-04, 05:26 PM
Oh, that's nice. No longer will "Campaign ended last week and I haven't had time to make anything." happen.

Yeah. Just don't do high-level dungeons with small rooms. Sometimes, you just gotta wonder how they fit three Huge creatures into a 10x15 room.

LoopyZebra
2008-07-04, 06:22 PM
Yeah. Just don't do high-level dungeons with small rooms. Sometimes, you just gotta wonder how they fit three Huge creatures into a 10x15 room.

You'll notice that the dimensions given are only in two directions, giving the DM variable height in which creatures can be stacked upon one another. Monsters appear as if through a PEZ dispenser; after one dies, the other falls or slides up to fight the players. :smallbiggrin:

Silence
2008-07-04, 06:32 PM
You'll notice that the dimensions given are only in two directions, giving the DM variable height in which creatures can be stacked upon one another. Monsters appear as if through a PEZ dispenser; after one dies, the other falls or slides up to fight the players. :smallbiggrin:

That, my good friend, ranks on the top ten most funny and witty things of the week. Nice.

wojonatior
2008-07-04, 08:26 PM
but as for the npcs you can just go pop them in his npc generator

Jack_Simth
2008-07-04, 08:31 PM
but as for the npcs you can just go pop them in his npc generator
... which also does not do equipment. It just looks up a table and says X gp in gear. The Dire Press version not only lists gear for the NPC's it randomly generates, but lists most of it's effects on the NPC's statistics.

Chronos
2008-07-04, 09:32 PM
The real question is, how do you get into the place? It doesn't place an exterior exit anywhere.

wojonatior
2008-07-04, 10:53 PM
Well you just pop in a little entrance. and ok its not the best its just a little thing i found on the internet and hoped to share it.

Dhavaer
2008-07-04, 10:58 PM

My favourite was three Black Wyrms in a 10x5 room.

Glyphic
2008-07-04, 11:02 PM
Black wyrms are contortionists, dont'cha know.

Silence
2008-07-04, 11:03 PM
Cast polymorph and you're done.

DigoDragon
2008-07-05, 09:55 AM
The real question is, how do you get into the place? It doesn't place an exterior exit anywhere.

Getting in is never as troublesome as getting out. :smallwink:

shadow_archmagi
2008-07-05, 01:26 PM
YESSSSSSS! ALL MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS THREAD!!

*hugs OP*

wojonatior
2008-07-05, 05:32 PM
YESSSSSSS! ALL MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS THREAD!!

*hugs OP*
Who? What? Where?

shadow_archmagi
2008-07-05, 06:17 PM
Who? What? Where?

Granted, I'm using the other guy's dungeon generator, but geez...

Its heavenly! My players have never, EVER had a proper dungeon crawl, and my terminal fear of graph paper has always denied them that!