PDA

View Full Version : Rurouni Kenshin?

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-05, 01:23 PM
My local comic book store (which, among other things, is the only comic book store in miles) has all the volumes of the series, so I was wondering if I should buy them. Your thoughts?

RobotPerfomance
2008-07-05, 02:38 PM
I never read the manga but if the anime is any indication it is pretty good.

Rogue 7
2008-07-05, 02:59 PM
Big fan of Kenshin here. The manga, I think, is much better than the anime. Probably one of the better mangas out there, and a good introduction if you don't read much in the way of manga.

The Rose Dragon
2008-07-05, 03:14 PM
The manga I do read are currently Hellsing and Battle Royale, so I'm fairly new to it.

Behold_the_Void
2008-07-05, 03:44 PM
The manga is good, it's also a rather long series, so take it as you will. If you like swordings and "this can really happen if you're good enough! Really!" logic, you'll probably enjoy it.

Something to note, Kenshin's nowhere near as bloody as those other two, since Kenshin's whole shtick is to never kill again. It's fun though, I liked it.

SilentNight
2008-07-05, 07:19 PM
I loved the manga. You can't go wrong.

DoomITP
2008-07-05, 08:08 PM
i've only seen the anime of it back before it got kicked off toonami :smallfurious: But its pretty awsome if your into that kinda stuff.

PhallicWarrior
2008-07-05, 10:27 PM
i've only seen the anime of it back before it got kicked off toonami :smallfurious: But its pretty awsome if your into that kinda stuff.

Same here. I've been re-connecting with the anime via Youtube, but since the accounts that upload it get banned faster than people with well-thought-out opinions on Gamespot, I've been having a hard time. It really is quite excellent, and worth the effort and/or money.

krossbow
2008-07-05, 11:23 PM
I love rurouni kenshin.

My favorite part is how there's no real mysticism. The villians are constantly attacking kenshin with semi-supernatural abilities.

He'll take one shot on the chin then proceed to spend the next minute deconstructing their move and finding out the science behind it, essentially rendering them powerless.

The only problem is that guns are something of a wild card in the series, as people who seem to have super speed at other moments in time will suddenly seem to slow down if one is introduced into the equation.

Brother Oni
2008-07-23, 04:27 PM
Same here. I've been re-connecting with the anime via Youtube, but since the accounts that upload it get banned faster than people with well-thought-out opinions on Gamespot, I've been having a hard time. It really is quite excellent, and worth the effort and/or money.

Try http://www.veoh.com/. Plenty of anime on there, including some rather obscure ones.