PDA

View Full Version : Gleemax Forums down?

Crow
2008-07-05, 01:44 PM
Am I the only one having problems logging onto the Queermax- er, Gleemax D&D Forums?

kamikasei
2008-07-05, 01:54 PM
Gleemax seems to have pretty much stopped working over the past week. All my subscriptions vanished, threads have been showing up as empty or I'm told I'm not authorized to view them, etc. - and that's when they're not flagged as down for maintenance.

Crow
2008-07-05, 02:00 PM
Ok, that's the problem I was having. Sorry if this is old news. I never got the memo =) I wonder what the problem is over there.

kamikasei
2008-07-05, 02:08 PM
It's not so much that this problem is old news as that they've been having new problems daily, it seems. Annoyingly, threads on the bug-reporting forum asking what's going on or pointing out that their forums don't work are simply going unanswered.

Eldariel
2008-07-05, 02:11 PM
Yea, just went down an hour or so ago; I was in the middle of a PbP fight, so it was at quite an aggravating time to say the least. They worked sporadically last week, but they often go down for 'extended unplanned maintenance', 'backups', 'planned maintenance' or a host of other flags and this week they've among others revealed the empty threads (and caused 'invalid threat' or 'database error'-message whenever you try to view individual posts), complained about viewing privileges and overall been crap. Mostly been able to use them, but they always cut activity annoyingly midway through.

Oslecamo
2008-07-05, 02:25 PM
Let's just say that Gleemax is the Vista version of D&D forums. Made by Wotc itself, but started malfuctioning horribly in the first day, and despite all the "patches" continues to have problems left and right.

Vikingkingq
2008-07-05, 02:39 PM
I've been having the same problem, in that I'm suddenly denied access to all forums and threads. I made a second account, same thing.

It's really quite astonishingly bad.

Pinnacle
2008-07-05, 02:53 PM
I don't understand why they replaced something that worked perfectly in the first place without a good reason, let alone without a replacement that they knew would work.

monty
2008-07-05, 03:15 PM
I don't understand why they replaced something that worked perfectly in the first place without a good reason, let alone without a replacement that they knew would work.

Wait, you expect something that Wizards put out to make sense?

Saph
2008-07-05, 03:27 PM
I was wondering why trying to access the Wizards boards was even more aggravating than normal. I guess that explains it.

- Saph

Ceiling009
2008-07-05, 03:39 PM
I noticed this too, and it happens everyone once a while... it's like all accounts are disabled. Or something.

kamikasei
2008-07-05, 03:47 PM
It's not quite like accounts are disabled - I can still log in and go to my subscriptions page, for example. It's more like the forums themselves have been taken out of the database. Perhaps they're migrating them to a more stable infrastructure and just neglected to switch on the "down for maintenance" screen.

Rappy
2008-07-05, 04:21 PM
No, you aren't the only one. It seems like Gleemax has been slowly decaying in the past weeks, and this looks like one of the side-effects.

Crow
2008-07-05, 04:49 PM
Maybe Gleemax is getting ready to implement "subscriber-only" content and is having hiccups. I am logged in, but keep getting a screen about not having permission or something.

Eldariel
2008-07-05, 04:53 PM
Private messages seem accessible, along with the front page (no links). Nothing else.

kamikasei
2008-07-05, 05:39 PM
Aha:stupidforumdoesn'tcountquotestowardspostlength

The Wizards community website is currently down for emergency maintenance. We are repairing some corruption in the forums database. Please check back again after 4pm PDT.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-07-05, 05:43 PM
Zherog already pointed out that the colour scheme they chose was hideous shortly after the announcement of 4th Edition, so I would say that this was to be expected.:smallamused: