PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Need to change pact.

Arakune
2008-07-07, 12:34 PM
So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling). What kind of guests you think I can expect? What other good option for changing pacts?

Starbuck_II
2008-07-07, 12:43 PM
So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling). What kind of guests you think I can expect? What other good option for changing pacts?

Which pact do you like better Star or Fey?

Arakune
2008-07-07, 04:08 PM
Which pact do you like better Star or Fey?

Fey looks good.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-07-07, 04:25 PM
As far as I know, there are no rules to changing Pact... much less a description as to what exactly each Pact entails.

So, depending on your setting, I'd imagine that actually breaking the Pact is going to be an adventure in and of itself. These are kind of Deals with the Devil (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DealWithTheDevil) which I imagine must be even harder to break than merely the worship of standard gods. You may need to travel to a sacred space of your new Pacting Entity and undergo a ritual which places you under the protection of this new Entity. In the meantime, your old Pacting Entity may send minions (devils or demons or such... maybe even other Warlocks) to claim your soul before you can break your Pact.

Talk with your DM about how he'd want to run this, is my suggestion.

Yakk
2008-07-07, 04:27 PM
So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling). What kind of guests you think I can expect?

Hmm? Guests? Do you mean Quests?

What other good option for changing pacts?

There are 3 warlock pacts -- Fey pact (forming a deal with a Fey power), Infernal (forming a deal with a Devilish power), or Star (forming a deal with a Far Realm power).

KillianHawkeye
2008-07-07, 06:34 PM
So, I need to change the pact from my in game daughter from infernal (abyssal, more correctly) from something less dangerous (she's an NPC Tiefling).

What do you mean by "less dangerous" exactly?

Mewtarthio
2008-07-07, 08:36 PM
The Fey Pact would be the least dangerous of all. Some Fey are actually relatively benign (albeit unknowable and alien to us). I'd definately stay away from the Star Pact if you're looking for safety: Granted, abandoning a deal with a devil to make a new deal with an incomprehensible Lovecraftian horror that man was not meant to know will certainly get you out of the frying pan...

Kurald Galain
2008-07-08, 03:36 AM
As far as I know, there are no rules to changing Pact... much less a description as to what exactly each Pact entails.

Precisely. That would indicate, then, that you cannot break your pact (just like paladins can't fall any more, and clerics can't get into trouble with their deity in 4E). Breaking a pact would mean you're violating some restriction placed upon you by that pact, and restricting players in any fashion would be considered Not Fun and is therefore not part of the game.

LoneGamer
2008-07-08, 10:42 AM
The retraining rules let you re-choose a class feature. Your pact is a class feature, so you can retrain it. That would change your second at-will power at the same time. You would have to retrain individual powers at future level-ups, however.