PDA

View Full Version : [D&DI] Looks like WotC fixed their bugs...

LoopyZebra
2008-07-07, 07:55 PM
I actually have to sign in to access content now. Anybody else experience this?

I tried the two (now nonfunctional) methods to bypass the login on the new Dragon article and on the older Artificer article today. A pop-up appears when you try to view their respective PDFs.

Ultimately, all this means is that people actually have to make an account, and those of us with accounts have to actually sign in.

mikeejimbo
2008-07-07, 08:16 PM
Until they start charging for content again. Until then, let's go through their stuff!

LoopyZebra
2008-07-07, 08:21 PM
As a side note, I did like the new article that started all of this. I was looking for a good level 4 item to give to the players, cause they have a tendency to sell anything that isn't immediately useful.

mikeejimbo
2008-07-07, 08:29 PM
Which article was that? I may have to take a look.

LoopyZebra
2008-07-07, 08:35 PM
This one. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drbaz/20080707) They hid it under features instead of Dragon like it should have been. Has seven pages o' stuff.

Crow
2008-07-07, 09:15 PM
The Temporal Dissonence staff looks like it could serve as a poor-man's time stop if the wizard takes the appropriate initiative feats (improved initiative, danger sense), possibly gaining two turns in a row. Very very nice.

Bracers of Escape are outstandingly good. Imagine the usage in PvP when someone tries to drop a blade cascade on you.

The Netherdark Shield is also amazingly good.

Earthwalker Boots will be excellent for rogues. Free CA...not that they need any more of that =)

All in all, I suspect the "CharOp" people will have some fun with these.

mikeejimbo
2008-07-07, 09:28 PM
Hey, they mention a Druid in this article!

Crow
2008-07-07, 09:39 PM
Hey, they mention a Druid in this article!

God I hope this means we will get the class in this issue.

LoopyZebra
2008-07-07, 09:40 PM
That'd be cool, but it definitely looks like it'll be in PHB 2. Plus, they already gave us the Artificer this issue. (Part of him, anyways.)

Starbuck_II
2008-07-08, 11:55 AM
Rimewrought armor is pretty nice. Final Word weapon is okay, but tis only a basic attack.

Staff of draconic power buffs you until end of encounter with resist fire 10. That is rare to get at level 5.

Bracers of escape: can't be hit 1/day from melee.

Ring of Ghost Knight has a unique summon.

Flask of Dragons Breath is Dragonborn breath in a bottle.

mikeejimbo
2008-07-08, 01:16 PM
That'd be cool, but it definitely looks like it'll be in PHB 2. Plus, they already gave us the Artificer this issue. (Part of him, anyways.)

That's true. We might not even get a sneak peak at the druid, though one would be nice.

MammonAzrael
2008-07-08, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I'm diggin' the amount of extra items they're showing off, it's nice. The armors are all useful in respects, the weapons are nifty (I like the Relentless one) and in general the article is good.

The druid mention is great, and implies even more strongly we'll be seeing it in the PHBII. Though I wonder if they'll ever stat out the staff the Druid used...(presumably an artifact)

Agreed that the Orb of Temporal Dissonance looks great.

The Bracers of Escape are terrific, as is the Amulet of Scales.

The Belt of Mountain Endurance could get a lot of HP to your HS, depending on your build.

The Flask of Dragon Breath is pretty awesome, and easy to change it's element or improve it, just add 5 levels to the item for an extra d6 of damage. Wheee.

Crow
2008-07-08, 03:15 PM
I am digging the new items. What I am not digging, is that some of them seem much better than comparably priced (levelled?) items in the PHB.

puppyavenger
2008-07-08, 03:37 PM
This one. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drbaz/20080707) They hid it under features instead of Dragon like it should have been. Has seven pages o' stuff.

and gleemax won't let me migrate my acount:smallfrown:

MammonAzrael
2008-07-08, 04:12 PM
I am digging the new items. What I am not digging, is that some of them seem much better than comparably priced (levelled?) items in the PHB.

I did notice that a bit. I hoped that was just me imagining things since I wasn't looking at the PHB items at the same time.

I hope the new Treasures book doesn't render all the PHB items obsolete. :smalleek:

RTGoodman
2008-07-08, 05:34 PM
I hope the new Treasures book doesn't render all the PHB items obsolete. :smalleek:

Some of it probably will, but there'll always people that want a vorpal sword or other iconic stuff.

mikeejimbo
2008-07-08, 05:54 PM
My DM won't let me have a vorpal sword because every time I would attack with it, I would say "Snicker-Snack!"