PDA

View Full Version : Failed FFT?

Zeful
2008-07-07, 09:51 PM
I was at a con recently and was directed by an individual there to look for a game that was originally (apparently) to be titled Final Fantasy Tactics but didn't for whatever reason. Now I don't remember the name and it's bugging me.

Thank you in advance for whatever help/assistance you may render.

JonathanC
2008-07-07, 09:59 PM
I was at a con recently and was directed by an individual there to look for a game that was originally (apparently) to be titled Final Fantasy Tactics but didn't for whatever reason. Now I don't remember the name and it's bugging me.

Thank you in advance for whatever help/assistance you may render.

It's called Final Fantasy Tactics. It was an awesome PSX game, recently re-released for the PSP. There was also Final Fantasy Tactics advance, but that was lame as hell, skip it. There's a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 for the DS, but I haven't played it.

Kane
2008-07-07, 10:05 PM
It's called Final Fantasy Tactics. It was an awesome PSX game, recently re-released for the PSP. There was also Final Fantasy Tactics advance, but that was lame as hell, skip it. There's a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 for the DS, but I haven't played it.

Seconded on all accounts. FFT was an awesome game. Admittedly, you need some thumbtacks, colored string, and post-it notes to figure out the plot, but I kind of liked that... :smallbiggrin:

Paragon Badger
2008-07-07, 10:24 PM
Seconded on all accounts. FFT was an awesome game. Admittedly, you need some thumbtacks, colored string, and post-it notes to figure out the plot, but I kind of liked that... :smallbiggrin:

Or you can spend an hour or two watching every cutscene from start to finish at the save menu. :smallwink: It helped me alot..

Also, I highly suggest this game. :smalltongue:

Glyde
2008-07-07, 10:29 PM
Hah. FFTA is still really damn good, as is the second one (The second one moreso. It got rid of the whole "Miss almost all the time" bullcrap and revamped the law system)

The original is still by far the best of the three, though

mikeejimbo
2008-07-07, 10:47 PM
Huh, for a minute I thought you meant a fast fourier transfer...

Tengu
2008-07-08, 06:55 AM
Sorry, but you all missed the purpose of this thread. The OP is asking for a game that was initially supposed to be FFT, but was released upon a different name in the end.

And that game Bahamut Lagoon for SNES. It was probably not released as a FF game because its setting is completely different from FF games and has nothing in common with them. Certainly not due to the lack of its quality, because it's a smashing game. It has never seen an official release out of Japan, though.

Zeful
2008-07-08, 08:39 AM
Sorry, but you all missed the purpose of this thread. The OP is asking for a game that was initially supposed to be FFT, but was released upon a different name in the end.

And that game Bahamut Lagoon for SNES. It was probably not released as a FF game because its setting is completely different from FF games and has nothing in common with them. Certainly not due to the lack of its quality, because it's a smashing game. It has never seen an official release out of Japan, though.

Yes and thank you. I will go about learning more about this game.

TO WIKIPEDIA!

Triaxx
2008-07-09, 06:25 AM
That game is tremendous fun. There is fortunately a fan translation.

Mind you, I'm not saying anything more, but it's completely awesome.