PDA

View Full Version : I know this is breakable

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-07-07, 11:05 PM
But I can't figure the details out. Duskblades can cast a touch spell on everyone with a full attack at 13th level. A 4th level Bloodstorm Blade can make a full attack with a throwing weapon and treat the attacks as melee attacks. Whirlwind Attack allows a character to make an attack on every enemy within range. A Javelin has a range incriment of 30ft. So is it possible to hit everyone within 300 feet with a heavily-enchanted Javelin with a spell attached, and if so, what would be the best spell (besides the obvious teammate-buffing)?

Griffin131
2008-07-07, 11:07 PM
But I can't figure the details out. Duskblades can cast a touch spell on everyone with a full attack at 13th level. A 4th level Bloodstorm Blade can make a full attack with a throwing weapon and treat the attacks as melee attacks. Whirlwind Attack allows a character to make an attack on every enemy within range. A Javelin has a range incriment of 30ft. So is it possible to hit everyone within 300 feet with a heavily-enchanted Javelin with a spell attached, and if so, what would be the best spell (besides the obvious teammate-buffing)?
Whirlwind Attack requires a full round action, so cannot be combined with the Duskblades channel through full attack thingy... no idea about the Bloodstorm Blade stuff.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-07-07, 11:21 PM
Whirlwind Attack requires a full round action, so cannot be combined with the Duskblades channel through full attack thingy... no idea about the Bloodstorm Blade stuff.
Whirlwind Attack [General]Benefit
When you use the full attack action, you can give up your regular attacks and instead make one melee attack at your full base attack bonus against each opponent within reach.

When you use the Whirlwind Attack feat, you also forfeit any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats, spells, or abilities.It may have been errata'd at some point, but that's what the SRD says now.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2008-07-07, 11:38 PM
Whirlwind Attack hits every opponent within reach, not within range. It doesn't matter that your ranged attacks are considered melee attacks, reach and range are not the same thing.

The best spell to use is Otto's Irresistible Dance, which you can get by going Bard 1/ Duskblade 13/ Sublime Chord 3. Use Enlarge Person or Polymorph into a Huge+ humanoid shape and Whirlwind Attack with a Whip or Spiked Chain to make everyone burst into uncontrollable dance.

Regardless, Duskblade 13 plus several levels of a prestige class is so high up there, the game itself is already far beyond broken. Something amazing below about 8th level is breakable, something at the level at which 9th level spells are available had better be able to measure up to no-xp-cost-Wishes.

Griffin131
2008-07-07, 11:55 PM
It may have been errata'd at some point, but that's what the SRD says now.
A 4th level Bloodstorm Blade can make a full attack with a throwing weapon and treat the attacks as melee attacks.
Now that I'm around my books, I can verify that the 4th level bloodstorm blade ability says nothing about treating them as melee attacks. You're thinking of the 2nd level ability, which would work, but the thrown weapon has to be counted as ammunition or you have to have Quick Draw.

You also could only hit people you can reach with Whirlwind Attack -- meaning that even if you have a 300ft range, you only have a 5' reach, so only those squares around you.

Cuddly
2008-07-08, 12:44 AM
Whirlwind Attack hits every opponent within reach, not within range. It doesn't matter that your ranged attacks are considered melee attacks, reach and range are not the same thing.

The best spell to use is Otto's Irresistible Dance, which you can get by going Bard 1/ Duskblade 13/ Sublime Chord 3. Use Enlarge Person or Polymorph into a Huge+ humanoid shape and Whirlwind Attack with a Whip or Spiked Chain to make everyone burst into uncontrollable dance.

Regardless, Duskblade 13 plus several levels of a prestige class is so high up there, the game itself is already far beyond broken. Something amazing below about 8th level is breakable, something at the level at which 9th level spells are available had better be able to measure up to no-xp-cost-Wishes.

Use a whip while singing "Everybody dance now!"

Person_Man
2008-07-08, 08:55 AM
It doesn't work.