PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite character in oots?

Super_mad09
2008-07-08, 06:54 AM
tell ur fave character in oots and explain why
mine is:elan: why? he is dumb he is the youngest (21yrs old) and etc.

Ninja
2008-07-08, 07:01 AM
like em all, but :belkar: is my favorite. why? he makes me laugh....

Kato
2008-07-08, 07:10 AM
by 'in OotS' do you mean member's ofhe order or overall chatracters in the comic...? Just to make things clear ^^'

keeperoflore
2008-07-08, 08:27 AM
overall comic, The Monster in the Darkness
just in the order, i guess its V

Rincewind
2008-07-08, 09:56 AM
Still Vaarsuvius. My man!

Wreckingrocc
2008-07-08, 10:05 AM
overall comic, The Monster in the Darkness
just in the order, i guess its V

Stop reading my mind and posting it!

Well, V is tied with Elan for me :P

I hate Belkar, though. Let's turn this thread into another Belkar hate thread!

Kato
2008-07-08, 10:08 AM

Just to oppose you... Belkar ^^ At least in the order,he really is. Overall... I think RC... with MitD a close second... though...there are a lot of good ones... hard to decide.

Ninja
2008-07-08, 10:08 AM

yes let in to your hate... it shall lead to ... fear, pain....??? meh something along those lines.... but, give in to your hate and come to the dark side!!!!

DreadSpoon
2008-07-08, 10:17 AM
It's a close match between Belkar and Xykon. I think I'd have to go with Xykon.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-07-08, 10:33 AM
Out of the order, Haley definitely. Out of everyone...probably still Haley. She has always been my favorite character, through thick and thin.

Threeshades
2008-07-08, 10:40 AM
Since I read start of darkness it's Redcloak :redcloak:

Ardwin Burch
2008-07-08, 10:46 AM
It's a tie between Belkar, and Elan.

Prophaniti
2008-07-08, 10:58 AM
I like Thog. And the MitD, who could not like him? (and still be cool) Nobody, that's who.

Out of the order itself, I'd probably pick Roy. I feel for him, having to deal with everyone else's antics all the time and trying to salvage the situation. Sure, everyone else is highly amusing, but he's my favorite character.

Ellye
2008-07-08, 11:41 AM
Redcloak, no doubt. :redcloak:

Raging Gene Ray
2008-07-08, 11:47 AM

...so it can evolve into a Miko thread and get locked!

I should probably clarify that is sarcasm. Seriously, don't do that.

chef781
2008-07-08, 12:02 PM
either Sangwaan or Tsukiko... or Pepe... my mom likes durkon

someonenonotyou
2008-07-08, 01:31 PM
cant pick one :elan: or :thog: or :roy: or :vaarsuvius: or :haley: or :miko: or :xykon:
or ... there all good cant choose

sasuke898
2008-07-08, 01:34 PM
its a tie between :vaarsuvius: and :haley:

Paladin29
2008-07-08, 01:35 PM
Roy, of course

VForVaarsuvius
2008-07-08, 03:08 PM
As you can probably tell, it's definently Vaarsuvius. He's verbose in a funny way, and I love all his smug sarcasm.

Xykon is a close favorite, he makes me laugh the most.

Jade_Tarem
2008-07-08, 03:24 PM
V for good guys, Nale for bad guys, and for supporting characters I'm going to have to go with a tie between Shojo and Hinjo.

I iz dapimp
2008-07-08, 03:39 PM
Heh Heh, totally :belkar:

wxdruid
2008-07-08, 03:52 PM
My favorite is V for being such an enigma and for actually using her/his brain. Also for his/her pigheadedness in searching for the other party members.

Lunaya
2008-07-08, 03:54 PM
I'd say it's a tie between :vaarsuvius: and :belkar:.

I love V for being the occasionally *neurotic super-genius and Belkar for being the uninhibited bad guy with the (very) hidden sensitive side.

*More so than usual, lately. :smalleek:

Skeletoff
2008-07-08, 04:42 PM
Redcloak. He seems to be the most inteligent character in the comic(i dont mean the int stat). + i like clerics, my first dnd character was one

Warren Dew
2008-07-08, 07:08 PM
Favorite from the standpoint of entertainment value that they add to the comic, or favorite from the standpoint of liking them as people? And, PCs only, or are NPCs included?

Of the player characters:

For entertainment value - Belkar; he can always be counted on to spice things up when they get slow.

As a person (or character) - the long suffering Roy, with Durkon a close second.

Overall:

For entertainment value - Xykon. I like his sense of humor, his forgetfulness, and his general evil go lucky attitude.

As a person - Miko; Roy is close, but Miko's character flaw makes her more interesting.

Decoy Lockbox
2008-07-08, 07:38 PM
In terms of the members of the order, Roy. Mainly because I've been in his shoes a few times...both in terms of being the party fighter in D&D games, but also in terms of being the only smart/logical one in a band of fools.

Copacetic
2008-07-08, 07:45 PM
Overall? Redcloak.

Close second? Hinjo.

Super_mad09
2008-07-09, 07:02 AM
Well i like :belkar:too actualy i like all of them:smallcool:

J.Gellert
2008-07-09, 07:12 AM
Overall, Xykon
Order, Vaarsuvius

That was easy!

cheesecake
2008-07-09, 09:20 AM
Belkar is my favorite out of the Order.

Thog is my favorite bad guy.

The character I hate the most is Roy.

PhallicWarrior
2008-07-09, 09:24 AM
:vaarsuvius: is what I once was, :roy: is what I am now, and :redcloak: just rocks. :xykon: is frickin' hilarious, too.

Ninja
2008-07-09, 03:35 PM
ok :
OOTS : :belkar:
LG: :thog:
TE: can't decide... like em all.... :redcloak: rocks, :mitd: is funny, and :xykon: is hillarious... hmm.. but ill have to go with Teevo! here!!!!... love him....
Azurian: Shojo.... amd Mr. Scruffy
Overall: Teevo!.... he rocks!!!!

Mercenary Pen
2008-07-09, 04:11 PM
Out of Oots, it would have to be :roy: but I must admit to liking :thog: for the sheer childishness that only he can manage.

I mean, who other than :thog: could be deterred from fighting by the possibility of ice cream? And :roy: is amazing for doing Lawful Good without the stereotypical paladin class feature.

mockingbyrd7
2008-07-09, 11:50 PM
1: :elan: Elan. He's hilarious, good-hearted, chaotic through and through, dumb as a box of moldy crayons, incompetent, and dashing. What's not to love?
2. :belkar: Belkar I thought the stabby-stab-mc-pervertson humor would get old after a while. It didn't. For sheer comedic value, Belkar wins second place.
3. :roy/:haley: Roy/Haley tie. Both are great characters that have a terrific mix of comedy and drama. They're flawed but still very sympathetic and likable characters.
4. :miko: Miko. I know, she's a bitch. I know, she's a self-righteous, over-zealous, discourteous, murderous, fallen-paladin bitch. That's why I love her.
5. :vaarsuvius: Vaarsuvius. He/she has his/her amazing moments, but in general isn't quite as good as the ones mentioned above.
5. :thog:, :xykon:, :redcloak: Thog is hilarious, Xykon is horrible but hilarious, Redcloak is hilarious (do I use that word to much?) and a very good psuedo-sympathetic villain.
6. Shojo - Very good non-villain magnificent bastard type, but in the form of a not-actually-senile octogenarian king who's playing all the paladins for the good of the universe. He's just awesome squared.
7. Hinjo - Good character. No comment, really. Haven't seen enough of him, but I like him a lot.

Durkon doesn't place. He's boring and not well fleshed-out in my opinion. He just makes no impact on most things he's involved in. He had a crowning moment of awesome in Cliffport, and thasssabout it.

Vulion
2008-07-10, 12:48 AM
It has to be :roy::vaarsuvius: and:redcloak:. These three rock my frickin' socks.

Deploy
2008-07-10, 12:53 AM
Comedically: :thog: closely followed by :belkar: and :xykon:. Thog has cracked me up ever since he brushed off Roy and rattled on about puppies, Belkar because he's... Belkar, and finally Xykon because I love to laugh at villian cliches and he fits the dot just fine.

Emotionally: :roy: or :mitd:. Roy because he hasn't strangled Elan, and the MitD because I have always pictured him as a child granted great power

Selene
2008-07-10, 04:39 AM
Person I would want to have my back in a fight: :roy:
Person I would most want to hang out with: :haley:
Most covered in awesome: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/trytoguess/O-Chul.png
Best Bad Guy: :xykon: no contest
Favorite member of Team Evil: :mitd:

Person I would least like to hang out with: :miko:
Least favorite person since I read SoD: :redcloak: He's a good character. He just makes me :smallfurious:

Tusalu
2008-07-10, 08:01 PM
From the Order: Belkar (for his extreme Belkarness), closely followed by Haley (mostly when she was still very rogue-ish back in the dungeon comics, but also in her role as the new Roy) and Vaarsuvius (Just great. Likes the picture of him about to blast the chimaera and also his extreme devotion to finding Haley and Belkar)
From Team Evil: Xykon and Redcloak. Xykon is best though.

DraPrime
2008-07-10, 08:26 PM
Durkon. He may not always be the funniest, but his fear of trees is just so damn funny sometimes. My second favorite character WAS Miko until she killed Shojo. Ever since then The Oracle has won the position of #2.

chiasaur11
2008-07-10, 08:51 PM
Right now, the Oracle.
The guy has skills.

Eric
2008-07-11, 05:42 AM
It kind of depends. Durkon got Team Cleric arc which made me like him, but he's generally a cypher. Roy really shone when he'd realised how much of an a-hole his dad was and decided not to play the game. Major awesome there, but he's not done much since. O'Chul got a really stonking arc with his torture and aftermath scene.

And so on.

So the answer to this question depends on when you ask.

Over most of the series, Roy. He's been fairly consistently good.

AceOfFools
2008-07-21, 05:30 PM
Discounting SoD, Roy. He grows and learns more than the rest of the cast combined, and does so in the most organic way of everyone's growth. Plus, I like plot points.

But Xykon is my favorite because he is so very, very interesting. Once you get past the goofy, "I'm the stereotypical evil overlord" thing, he's quite fascinating. He just hasn't gotten past it much in the comic.

Calamity
2008-07-21, 05:37 PM
Haley, no doubt. Personally, I think she is more well-written than Roy.

It used to be Vaarsuvius, but I don't really like where V is heading at the moment. Especially when s/he said that practical jokes on Belkar were a "waste of time," because that was my favourite part about V.

Logalmier
2008-07-21, 09:29 PM
:haley:Haley:haley: overall. She has much more backstory than any of the order. Plus there's that secret that she's hiding. Personally, I'm betting thats it's that she's a tiefling. Not a human

Liwen
2008-07-22, 07:07 AM
I wanna go with Roy at the moment. The problem is, he's dead and hasn't done anything significant in the past 100 strips or so. Sure he had a lot of character devellopement, but I like him better when he owns epic level liches unarmed and saves people like Elan, then regrets it.

He's saving a completly insane world, well was saving said world before death, yet he has a quality that only him and Redcloak share, a balance, sane, well used brain.

DigoDragon
2008-07-22, 07:34 AM
I love Celia because of her lack of experience-- she has great potential to be a good adventurer and currently has an opportunity to try. Characters that start inexperienced always seem to be among my favorite. Second place to Roy because he is a great leader. Despite the problems the members have personally, Roy always was able to keep them together.

Linkavitch
2008-07-23, 08:18 PM
It would have to be Belkar, 'cause he just goes all insane-o-berserk whenever there's something he can kill/blow up/burn/miscellaneous verb of destroying something here.

chronoplasm
2008-07-23, 08:25 PM
I'd have to say... Redcloak.
"The other group of humans will be the control group" Genius.

Lupy
2008-07-23, 09:36 PM
1. :redcloak:
2. :roy:
3. :miko:

Sequinox
2008-07-23, 10:46 PM
Redcloak, or maybe MitD... The oracle is a character that I really like too, but everyone forgets about him...

But in the oots, I'd say the two V's are my favorite. (I believe BRC's 2 V theory)

yanmaodao
2008-07-24, 10:27 AM
:thog: overall.

:elan: in the OotS.

Athaniar
2008-07-24, 11:05 AM
Hmmm...

In the Order itself, :vaarsuvius: and :durkon:.

Amongst the others, :xykon:, :miko:, and the Oracle.

Belkar Rocks
2008-07-24, 11:34 AM
Hmmm ... favorite character ... wow, that's a toughie!

Lissou
2008-07-24, 12:55 PM
Overall, Redcloak
In the Order, Elan
In the Linear Guild, Thog
In Team Evil, all of them (RC first though) except Tsukiko (but I guess we don't know her well enough yet).

Kal Ironfresh
2008-07-24, 08:01 PM
:haley:,:haley:,:haley:. All the way!

Kal Ironfresh
2008-07-24, 08:03 PM
oops, In OotS it's definatly :haley:, But overall :thog: definatly :thog:.

drengnikrafe
2008-07-24, 09:46 PM
Overall: Vaarsuvius.
Order: Elan.

Nah, I'm kidding.

Vaarsuvius tied with Haley for both. Why V? Because (s)he is extremely verbose, and I love knowing there's someone else out there who uses too many words when describing any given thing. Why Haley? I'm not sure, I've just always felt like Haley was awesome, and she makes a lot of the very good jokes. Or, it's the rogue thing.

ericgrau
2008-07-25, 01:09 AM
Haley all the way.

Though I don't like her recent interaction with Belkar. Making Belkar even more evil recently just so you can kill him off is a shoddy way for him to leave, IMO. Yeah, he's evil, but he has/had depth (in an odd way), unlike the stereotypical kill everything & do random stuff regardless of bad stuff that will happen to me/the-mission CE player. And Haley giving so little regard for his life (evil or not) is just as bad.

It's almost like:
current_Haley = standard_Haley - Belkar

And Belkar is cool too so that's significantly lower than standard_Haley.

Prince_Selm
2008-07-25, 10:32 AM
:elan: he acts almost exactly like me, bards are my favorite class (and the fact he hooks up with Haley doesn't hurt either) Plus, he gets the best lines

LG: :thog: just like Elan only stronger (physically).

TE: Redcloak, (spoiler alert!) He is just fighting for the hapiness of the goblin race. (which I love) Plus, I don't think he really is evil.

Duema
2008-07-25, 11:42 AM
Definitely, unquestionably and without a doubt Thog. He is funny,l stupid and I quote him all the time.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-07-26, 10:10 AM
Well, for me, it's a tie between Elan and O-chul.

I like Elan because not only is he the funniest, but he's also very sweet and kind to everyone.

I also like O-chul because he's the only example of what a paladin supposed to be. He's brave without being stupid, and he's confident without being arrogant. I still can't get over how he handled Redcloak in his last arc.

Those are my two favorite characters.

Linkavitch
2008-07-26, 10:28 AM
Out of the actual Order...probably Thog or the one zombie bard someone drew in the fan art section. The one singing "eat, eat, eat the tasty brains!" In the Order, though it would have to be Belkar.

Kaytara
2008-07-26, 02:43 PM
I love Roy because he has a lot of common sense, fills the role of the Straight Man very well, and is believable as a LG warrior despite having an attitude.

I also love Vaarsuvius because of how rational and level-headed and logically consistent the elf nearly always is. Besides, V's character and motivations seem complex. For example, if circumstances forced V to attempt a nigh hopeless arcane feat in order to save the Order, I don't think anyone can answer if V would attempt it out of actual fear for the Order's safety or simply to demonstrate the capacity of performing said feat.
The elf's lust for power aside, Vaarsuvius has been shown to be anything other than heartless on several occasions, and I love it when characters are difficult to define like that, rather than going by a simple template of 'Would do anything to save his/her friends' or 'Is completely obsessive about power, would stop at nothing to gain it and doesn't care about anything else'.

Also, I just have a thing for smart characters who use their head in general. ^^

Of the bad guys, I like Xykon because he seems charmingly clueless and careless at times, which makes it all the more chilling when he displays a cold, calculating, razor-sharp intellect.
My favourite is Redcloak, though, because one can truly sympathise with that character. Not necessarily in the sense of liking him, but in the sense of feeling sorry for the role he's landed himself into. (In case you can't tell, I recently read SoD and am still recovering from the trauma of awesomeness.)

happyturtle
2008-07-27, 02:18 AM
I miss :roy: so much. I didn't know he was my favourite until he was dead.

Outside the Order, it's got to be Hinjo. Got to love a man who is good to his dog. (Not to mention his junk... :smallwink:)

Ironwolf172
2008-07-29, 12:24 PM
Belkar is my favorite of all time. My favorite bad guys-Xykon hands down. Although sometimes it seems Belkar is a bad guy.

Number316
2008-07-29, 12:59 PM
My favorite characters would be:

1. :xykon:
2. :redcloak:
3. :belkar:
4. :sabine:
5. :thog:

Traker
2008-07-29, 03:47 PM
My favorite character is a hard. Ether :elan: :belkar: or :xykon:.
Elan becouse he is just funny. Belker becouse of the fact evil in a good party.
Xykon becouse he is funny yet twested.

EndlessWrath
2008-07-29, 04:01 PM
I can't imagine a character i don't like in this comic. There's too many good ones...

although Celia and Miko are annoying.

I gotta say.. it used to be Belkar, but recently belkar's humor has been somewhat hampered (mark of justice =/ ). So its a tie between Roy, Roy's dad, and Xylon

Azrooh
2008-07-30, 04:17 PM
The Dirt Farmer <3

Badgercloak
2008-08-03, 01:14 AM
Belkar. Becuase antistereotypical halfling psychopaths rock. Demon cockroaches close second.

Taekwondodo
2008-08-03, 06:23 AM
1. :haley: coz she reminds me of...me
2. :xykon: the most rounded personality (Yatzhee!!)
3. :mitd: as...someone...said before he is just like a child, quite sweet actually.

:belkar: just gets on my nerves and :durkon: is kinda a nonentity.

:roach: FTW!!!

brennanatorx45
2008-08-04, 12:22 AM
:mitd: all the way!

morgoth
2008-08-04, 12:39 AM
NO question... BELKAR owns!! and as a close second... Mr Scruffy...

ZerglingOne
2008-08-04, 12:41 AM
OOTS: :elan: because while he may not be the most competent of the OOTS characters, he seems to have the most funny/touching/badass moments of anyone in the group.

LG: :thog: because he has the funniest moments of anyone in the comic period IMO (see Nale/Not-Nale)

Other evil guys: :mitd: because I love the sort of Lenny thing he's got going on (kinda dumb, little kid in a big body, and doesn't know his own strength) and doesn't strike me as being evil at all.

coracleboat
2008-08-04, 01:25 AM
I love the Oracle. I'm not sure why. There's just something about him that's so familiar to me.

AdamG
2008-08-04, 02:31 AM
For me it would be a toss-up between Haley and Belkar. I like Haley's qualities and Belkar's perverted sense of personal justice and humor.

Mina Kobold
2008-08-04, 11:30 AM
overall hmm the Oracle. order :roy: (i wonder how a fighter got so high an will save :confused: )

Cizak
2008-08-04, 12:31 PM
It's pretty hard to choose, but I think I have to go with Elan. He's funny and I like his Dashing Swordsmen-puns:smalltongue: