PDA

View Full Version : Is there a lawyer in the playground?

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-07-08, 07:04 AM
I'm looking for someone who has some decent knowledge of federal law to ask some questions of in private. In particular dealing with the mail service.

Charity
2008-07-08, 07:32 AM
I'd shy away form taking legal advice from folk on a forum... trust me I'm a lawyer.

Is there not such a thing as the CAB (http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/) in merica?

Hoplite
2008-07-08, 07:59 AM
Yeah, good point, Charity. You should never trust people on the internet. Trust me, I know what I am talking about. I am a lawyer, judge, district attorney and the divine incarnation of lady justice.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-07-08, 08:16 AM
Anyone that's been on these forums for very long know I'm not someone they should attempt to fool with. At the very least I will stat them up as harshly satirical as possible and post them in the Homebrew forums, possibly with an unattractive rendition drawn of them being mutilated by dire sporks.

That's if I like you.

Anyways, vindication aside, anyone who gave me advice I would expect to be able to point out where I can check these facts for myself.

Mustiado
2008-07-08, 11:08 AM
Hey Tribble,

Never really met you, but my mother's a lawyer. That's something, I guess, if the question is general enough.

BRC
2008-07-08, 11:12 AM
I know (and/or am related to) at least four lawyers and two law proffessors.

But because I like myself unviolated by dire sporks, I will restrain from giving legal advice, even though I am a lawyer, judge, district attorney divine incarnation of lady justice, and messanger of Ersath-quan (He who judges souls and parking tickets).

Desidus
2008-07-08, 03:06 PM
I'm in law school, but not a lawyer, so I probably couldn't help much, if at all (very beginnings of law school, only 2 semesters of actual law school under my belt, you get the idea). But if push comes to shove, I can try, or at least possibly point you towards somebody who could help.

Silence
2008-07-08, 03:14 PM
Anyone that's been on these forums for very long know I'm not someone they should attempt to fool with. At the very least I will stat them up as harshly satirical as possible and post them in the Homebrew forums, possibly with an unattractive rendition drawn of them being mutilated by dire sporks.

That's if I like you.

*Requested.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2008-07-08, 03:47 PM

Ahhh...I can see it now...

LAWYER (Greater Undead)
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I'll stop there, as VP might well be off to stat such a creature, describing in detail the dark rituals involved in creating such a vile denizen of the night.

:smalltongue:

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-08, 03:55 PM
Microsoft used lawyers to destroy the Borg after Captain Picard had Windows installed in one of the spheres. It was horrible.

Archonic Energy
2008-07-08, 04:15 PM
Microsoft used lawyers to destroy the Borg after Captain Picard had Windows installed in one of the spheres. It was horrible.

i remember that fanfic!

Castaras
2008-07-08, 04:15 PM
I'll poke Lensman to send you a pm. He's a lawyer, and has been for...20ish years. British though, so law may work differently for you americans.

Edit: Yup, it does. He can't do much for you. =/

Don Julio Anejo
2008-07-08, 06:47 PM
Ahhh...I can see it now...

LAWYER (Greater Undead)
Alignment: Lawful Evil

I'll stop there, as VP might well be off to stat such a creature, describing in detail the dark rituals involved in creating such a vile denizen of the night.

:smalltongue:
I would assume lawyers would be Chaotic Evil... Since you know, to be lawful they actually have to FOLLOW the laws..

Moff Chumley
2008-07-08, 06:51 PM
"I don't break the laws. I merely twist them to my own advantage."

Yes, I know that's not the exact quote. Sue me.

Chumley is sooooo punny...

Thes Hunter
2008-07-09, 09:59 PM
Charity is a solicitor?!

Or is that a barrister.....

Anyways... I would have never though of him as one of those:

http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/29013.jpg

Charity
2008-07-10, 05:37 AM
Well I'm no judge thats for sure :smallwink:

and no fair taking pics before my first coffee of the morning.