PDA

View Full Version : Bandana guy, northern?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-08, 10:24 AM
Here we see 'Bandana guy fighting the insane paladins on the third panel of the second page (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0448.html)

Here we see 'Bandana guy climbing the mountain. in the last panel at the bottom. The northern side. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0493.html)

When moving into the afterlife, the wounds are usually gone. So when you remove the wounds from the comic of #448, you get almost exactly, if not exactly the same paladin in #493.

On a note, I also noticed that his, and only his as far as i've seen, archon is (light) blue. While the others range from yellow to orange. But that may be due to that he is a paladin or such.

And if we look closely. Here in #486 we can't see Bandana guy at the southern side of the mountain. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0486.html)

Does this indicate that Bandana guy while a member of the sapphire guard was actually a worshipper and originally from the northern gods and lands?
Or is this simply a re-using of material by the Gaint? Which may I note, he did not do in #486.

(Sorry if this thread was already made or such.:smallredface:)

V : That is why I noted the difference between the northern and southern sides.

Ninja
2008-07-08, 10:43 AM
there is the mountain. paradise. heaven. north of the mountain is the valey where the northern worshipers go before going to heven. sout southern. they might worship different gods, but still wind up on the same mountain.

David Argall
2008-07-08, 12:58 PM
An idea, but probably wrong.

486 only shows 26 figures and gives us a vague estimate that 1000 times as many died at that time, so the lack of an appearance is not much evidence.
486 also has Eugene telling us that Roy was the only Northerner to die in the battle. Eugene is quite able to be wrong, or to just lie, but we are still left with the presumption that Bandana boy was not Northern.

Still the idea that he is climbing the Northern side of the mountain because of some Northern connection is not ruled out.

Ramien
2008-07-08, 02:12 PM
Well, in the third panel of #493, we also see a member of Azure City's forces climbing the mountain (and we find out he was born under the sign of Pig, so he was a worshipper of the Southern Gods), so it seems like once you make it through the processing, they all lead to the same mountain.

An Enemy Spy
2008-07-08, 02:17 PM
Not to mention that a nameless Azurite soldier is also climbing the mountain. "Eye of the Pig"!
EDIT: crap! someone beat me to it

Lkctgo
2008-12-19, 04:45 PM
Think of it this way, the Bandana Guy could have been northern, but he was a paladin worshipping the southern gods. When he died, there was no other place for him to go but the southern side of heaven.
People are sent to either side of the mountain not by their nationality but by their religious belief of either the northern gods or the southern gods.
So no, he is absolutely not the Bandana Guy, unless the great "Giant Of The Playground" says otherwise. Odds are, we won't be seeing him ever again.

Cpt. Soup
2008-12-19, 05:00 PM
If the Giant was even slightly as obsessive and particular about the tiniest details in OotS as most of the speculation flooding the forum after every comic then there may be a great deal of weight to this theory. I personally lean towards him overlooking the character and being oblivious to the little cult devoted to the brief appearance of it.

TDG
2008-12-19, 05:50 PM
Starting climbing the mountain on the Southern side doesn't bar you from moving to the Northern side as you climb. Heck, Roy might have moved as he climbed too. Both parties could have drifted across looking for handholds till they met somewhere in the middle.

Besides, Roy was the only Northerner killed in the batte (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0486.html)

LuisDantas
2008-12-19, 06:28 PM
A sudden, totally speculative personal theory just popped up in my head:

The bandana paladin had a fair bit of attitude and personality in him. I was a bit surprised that we saw so little of him, because he had promise.

Then it struck me: he reminds me of Roy. Both are no-nonsense warriors that strive to work towards the greater good and accept that they must take personal risks and protect others to further those goals.

Also, it seems that the OOtS heaven is divided in sectors defined by one's alignment (more or less).

So maybe the initial steps of afterlife are defined by one's beliefs, as stated by #486, but after that the general direction is aimed by one's personality and alignment - and therefore people of alike values and personalities tend to "bump" into each other in the mountain.

I don't know it this fits with the available evidence, but I like the idea.