PDA

View Full Version : Were does everyone make there customised avatars?

red-death21
2008-07-08, 12:24 PM
Ive tried fireworks and paint but niether have worked so were does everyone make theres!??!?!!?
I have a few good ideas but i cant make them look good on those to programs!
:furious:
Its really annoying!:smallmad:

AmberVael
2008-07-08, 12:28 PM
The programs most used are the following:

Inkscape
Sodipodi
Adobe Illustrator
Paint

There is a compilation of resources here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84493) that can help you learn how to make better avatars.
And calm down and write more coherently and you might be able to manage things better as well. Patience is something you'll need for creating avatars.

I personally use and recommend Inkscape and Trazoi's guide.
I made my current avatar with Inkscape, and hundreds of others.

Edit: Plenty of people do not, however, make their own avatars. Instead, they commission them in the Request an Avatar thread in the Arts and Crafts forum.

Oregano
2008-07-08, 12:32 PM
Inkscape's probably the easiest to learn and juse, especially with Trazoi's guide. You can find a link to the guide in the link Vael provided.

I also agree with Vael, you need patience, to make some avatars it can take hours especially if you're just learning.

Silence
2008-07-08, 01:01 PM
A little photoshop to add polish is always great, too, but not required.

RTGoodman
2008-07-08, 01:05 PM
As Vael said, most people don't actually make their own. They request them or adopt them.

I actually just use Paint to do all my drawing, and then I use Photoshop to do the Background Eraser thing and resize the image (since resizing stuff in Paint is usually a terrible idea).

I have been meaning to get Illustrator, though, just to try it out.

Eldpollard
2008-07-08, 01:18 PM
Paint is the only software needed really. See my marvellous avatar works? They took me minutes!

Zarrexaij
2008-07-08, 06:48 PM
I use GIMP 2.4 to make my avatars.