PDA

View Full Version : Another crackpot theory.

Renx
2008-07-08, 03:04 PM
This one concerns the ninja girl and has SoD spoilers...

Okay, we know she's green and has a bit of tuskmouth, and she's been thought to be half-orcish. We also know that Right-Eye has a daughter who's "being raised by humans, or worse." She could've been told she was a half-orc and grown ina context where she wouldn't find out otherwise. Because, strangely, half-orcs are more approved of than goblins in the Oots world.

So... my theory is: the ninja girl is Redcloak's niece.

Makes you think, eh?

factotum
2008-07-08, 03:26 PM
Well, it might make us think if this theory hadn't come up about 300 times before and been thoroughly shot down every time. Here are at least three good reasons why it can't be true:

a) Therkla said she'd been in Lord Kubota's employ for seven years. The person of whom you speak would have been a young child still living with her family seven years ago.

b) Therkla is a half-orc. She said she is, her flashback on the island suggests she is, she has the black eyes of an orc rather than the yellow eyes of a goblin, her skin tone is wrong. To put it another way: out of all the characters in OotS, does Therkla more resemble Thog (a half-orc) or Redcloak (a goblin)?

c) Going back to the flashback Therkla had of her parents, they were clearly a human male and an orc female. That doesn't quite fit with your theory either...

Rincewind
2008-07-08, 03:38 PM
Naah, won't work. OOTS doesn't go with "I am your father" plotlines. And "I'm your niece, you know it to be true..."

Also, goblins don't mingle with orcs.

King of Nowhere
2008-07-08, 05:27 PM
this theory hadn't come up about 300 times

Only 300? I tought there were much more... along with even less plausible theories...

Still, I never see people in OOTS being oddly correlate, I don't think Rich will start now

David Argall
2008-07-08, 05:45 PM
Well, there have been less than 300 threads on the subject, but if we count each posting by each genius who got this idea, we can get way above 300.

Jayngfet
2008-07-08, 07:53 PM
300?

Goblin? THIS IS. THERKLA.

Moff Chumley
2008-07-08, 08:47 PM
*Sigh* You can't hope to be turning this into a redux of the 'best Therkla thread ev4r', can you?

Greg
2008-07-09, 04:52 PM
Well, there have been less than 300 threads on the subject, but if we count each posting by each genius who got this idea, we can get way above 300.
I'm sure there have been OVER 9000!

mikeejimbo
2008-07-09, 06:06 PM
That flashback still disturbs me...