PDA

View Full Version : Late Night with GitP

Bronathair
2008-07-09, 01:43 AM
I know it's not late at night for everyone else... but where I'm at it's in the middle of the night, and I can't sleep. I look outside and I can see the stars... but if I look out the other window I see a street light who's bulb hasn't been changed in who knows how long and it gives off a very eerie orange light.

I consider night time both peaceful and really spooky.

What are your guys' take on the middle of the night?

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-09, 01:45 AM
I'm never up at that time (it's only 07:45 here). For some reason I always think towns look a lot better at night, though.

Jayngfet
2008-07-09, 01:46 AM
I love the night, less noise from those bastards, less glaring heat, nightlife.

... and yeah spending late nights here is routine for me, even if I have to grab my psp and hunt down an access point(how do you think I got here yesterday and all last week),

Dave Rapp
2008-07-09, 02:08 AM
I like going for walks in the rain at night. There's this pond thing where I live that's with these lights that reflect off it... it's amazing (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82639).

Sadly it is not raining tonight, so I'm just writing and posting and watching questionably legally downloaded WLiiA episodes.

Semidi
2008-07-09, 02:10 AM
It's about 1:10 AM here. I need to get up at 7:45 for class, but I took a nap and aren't really that tired. I'm just ******* off, got some writing done, got my school work done. I think I'll go read before I try to go to bed again.

Yeah, I love the night.

Shadowcaller
2008-07-09, 02:13 AM
Its 9.12 9.13 AM here in Sweden at the moment so its kind of hard to imagine a ptich black night right now:smallwink:.

Zakama
2008-07-09, 03:33 AM
Ug. 3:31 AM now, I woke up at around 7:30-8:00 AM. 5 and a half hours of sleep that night. Why am I still up...?

Oh yeah, GoW2 Multiplayer trailer is loading in HD.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-09, 04:33 AM
Well, when its late at night and I'm on. I close my room off as much as possible. And then it's just me and my pc.

Nice, ehh?

Destro_Yersul
2008-07-09, 07:59 AM
Well, 5/7 days of the week I'm at work at midnight. The other two usually involve video games. I'm definitely a night person.

Ilena
2008-07-09, 08:05 AM
Myself i dont mind the night/darkness, i can accually see pretty well (i have bad eyes so during the day most people see better then me) i was able to walk down a path lit only by the moon reflecting slightly off the rocks in the ground (easy to see them but not the durt itself though i could make it out a lil bit) all my friends were more or less blind :P

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-09, 08:08 AM
Do you have a form of light blindness, Crixon? I've heard about that condition, but I don't know much about it.

Ilena
2008-07-09, 08:12 AM
Nope, i were glasses for astigmatisum, im not able to see stuff in the distance (i cant see anything clearly beyond like 5 feet) but at night you cant see details really anyway so it doesnt matter, but the lack of light doesnt effect me very much i seem to be able to detect the slight verance of light off objects at night or in darkness and am able to see somewhat clearly (i can still walk into things so its not perfect but i dont need light to see in the mornings) as long as its not complete darkness

and hey, long time no speak

although now that i think of it, my eyes are sensitive to bright lights (normally sunlight reflecting off of white and headlights at dark) but thats about all that bothers me for light ...

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-09, 08:14 AM
Thanks for clarifying about the problem (I think the fact that we live in such different timezones is the main problem regarding the 2 of us talking). I can sometimes find light to be dazzling (I don't think I have light sensitivity, though).

Ilena
2008-07-09, 08:19 AM
Yes timezones are troublesome, although i am used to talking with people from around the world, had many friends from uk, aussies, troublesome i tells you :P

But that is one thing ill say about my body in general that is good,that and i tend to be able to recover quickly from being tired (up to a point) even though im far out of shape (need to fix that) but in general i still would rather replace this body for a centaur one ;P

TwoBitWriter
2008-07-09, 08:23 AM
When I was still in college, I worked full-time as a security guard. I worked from 4pm-12am for five days a week.

Needless to say, my earliest classes were often not until 11:30am-12:00pm.

So, after work I would unwind and get in a bit o' gaming (until about 3-4am.)

Now I have a regular day job, Monday through Friday and 8-5. So I don't stay up nearly as late. I start getting tired around 10 and can usually only stay up to midnight now on the weekends.

I miss the night, really. And I would likely continue to work an evening/night shift if it weren't for the fact that most white collar jobs won't go for that :smallsmile:

Trog
2008-07-09, 09:23 AM
*pokes head in thread to see if it's a talk show*

Nope. Guess not. :smalltongue:

I'm a late night person if left to my own devices. Day job sort of makes me a more normal person... mostly.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-07-09, 09:26 AM
If left to my own devices, I'm nocturnal.

TwoBitWriter
2008-07-09, 09:29 AM
HEeeeeeeerrrreeee's Johnny!

"We have a really nice show for you tonight, Jack Palance is here and Jim Fowler will have a few animals to bring out. Musical guest is the Captain and Tennille!"

Darius Midnite
2008-07-09, 09:35 AM
I have always felt drawn towards the comfort of night. As soon as it starts getting darker I feel a spark of joy inside of me.

Ilena
2008-07-09, 09:38 AM
HEeeeeeeerrrreeee's Johnny!

"We have a really nice show for you tonight, Jack Palance is here and Jim Fowler will have a few animals to bring out. Musical guest is the Captain and Tennille!"

/me sits down and hopefully enjoys the show!

and it could be a talkshow trog .. it could be!

TwoBitWriter
2008-07-09, 09:55 AM
I think that the "Get to know a Playgrounder" Threads are kinda what a GitP Talkshow would be like, really. Unless they could somehow get to interview some internet celebrities.

And musical guests might be difficult to pull off...