PDA

View Full Version : (PEACH) 1st 4ed Creation (or... ZOMG Zombies)

SpikeFightwicky
2008-07-09, 01:01 PM
In my first sejour into the realm of homebrewed 4th ed. monsters, I decided to remake one of my d20 modern creations (I know there are about 30,001 different zombies out there, but I always preffered my own). My main problem is that I haven't played 4th ed. yet, so I have no idea how well balanced this thing is. I was thinking of adding an immunity to 'turn undead', since the creature's not technically 'powered' by necrotic energy. The entry is fluff lite, pending further analysis. Also, let me know how the 'stat block' looks. I've convereted my old 3.5 block to 4th, and I 'think' it looks passable. Anyways, let me know!

{table]Viral Zombie / Level 4 BruteMedium natural humanoid (undead) / XP [/table]

Initiative: -; Senses: Perception +2; darkvision
HP: 62;Bloodied: 31
AC: 16;Fortitude: 17,Reflex: 11,Will: 12
Saving Throws: -
Immune: Disease, Poison, Resist: 5 necrotic
Speed: 4

{table]http://ca.geocities.com/spike_fightwicky/4th/4thBM.bmpSlam (Standard;at-will)
+7 vs. AC; 2d8+3 damage and a medium or smaller target is grabbed (until escape).
http://ca.geocities.com/spike_fightwicky/4th/4thM.bmpBite(Standard;at-will)
Grabbed target only; +8 vs. Fortitude; 1d8+3 damage and the target contracts level 4 terminal decay.
Pile On
The viral zombie gains a +1 bonus to its basic melee attack rolls per viral zombie ally adjacent to the target.
Vulnerable anatomy
Any critical hit to the zombie kills it instantly.[/table]
{table]Alignment: Unaligned Languages: -
Str: 18 (+6) Dex: 7 (+0) Wis: 8 (+1)

Con: 12 (+3) Int: 1 (-4) Cha: 3 (-2)[/table]

{table][b]Terminal Decay|Level 4 Disease|Endurance Stable: 16| Improve: 20*
The target is cured.<|<Initial Effect: The target loses (and can only gain) half their usual healing surges<|>The target regains only half the normal number of hit points from healing effects>|>Final State: The target dies and rises as a Viral Zombie in 1d4 hours.[/table]
*An ally can not use a heal check in place of the victim's own endurance check.
An extremely potent viral infection spreads through the victim, forcing their body to undergo rapid decay. The disease will not recover on its own, requiring divine healing to rid the disease.

SpikeFightwicky
2008-07-10, 09:48 AM
Anyone? I'll take deconstructive criticism too (like: It sucks!). I could try to make something else if the genre is too tired. Looking any kind of feedback.