PDA

View Full Version : Soul Eater - worth it?

Revlid
2008-07-09, 03:58 PM
So, I've heard about a show called Soul Eater, and was considering watching it. A friend described it to me as "Bleach meets Disgaea" (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XMeetsY), which sounds promising, but I was looking for a more informed opinion.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-09, 04:07 PM
Yes, its worth it, best shounen manga out there. Nothing like Bleach with Disgaea, more like Disgaea minus tactics and alot more comedy and better action.

Hectonkhyres
2008-07-09, 08:55 PM
So Disgaea meets Slayers... or more like Disgaea meets Excel Saga?

B-Man
2008-07-09, 08:59 PM
I would recommend Soul Eater. It's a fun series to watch. I'm tempted to try reading the manga 'cause I'm sick of waiting for my subs to come out.

Innis Cabal
2008-07-09, 08:59 PM
neither, its pretty unique in and of itself, i can see the disgaea connection but really, its slim and...after the 6th chapter nonexistant.

Hectonkhyres
2008-07-09, 09:12 PM
It must be something in order to remain indescribable by this crowd.

Revlid
2008-07-10, 04:41 AM
It must be something in order to remain indescribable by this crowd.

:smallbiggrin: True.

I'll give it a look-see, although I saw a clip of it a few days ago, and the girl's voice actor seems a bit irritating in her monotone.

Poison_Fish
2008-07-10, 02:02 PM
:smallbiggrin: True.

I'll give it a look-see, although I saw a clip of it a few days ago, and the girl's voice actor seems a bit irritating in her monotone.

I'd say that it fits her character quite accurately though.

Anyhow, Soul Eater is worth it. Animated by Bones, so high quality animation. It's been running as a manga series for awhile and is quite refreshing compared to most other shonen series. I've enjoyed the story so far.

Revlid
2008-07-10, 06:54 PM
Okay, so I finished watching the first nine or so episodes, and I'm really enjoying it. The animation is superb, and I especially enjoy the OCD fuelled antics of Death the Kid.

Lord_Asmodeus
2008-07-10, 10:20 PM
Okay, so I finished watching the first nine or so episodes, and I'm really enjoying it. The animation is superb, and I especially enjoy the OCD fuelled antics of Death the Kid.

Yea, but his pinky style of shooting... irks me.

Revlid
2008-07-11, 01:27 AM
Yea, but his pinky style of shooting... irks me.

Yes, but I've seen worse in anime. Even if it's not in the least feasible, they can do it.