PDA

View Full Version : 4e dark hide armor?

DizzyD
2008-07-10, 12:18 PM
Me and my friends are playing a tester 4e game for a few weeks before we go into a real game. Its probably a good thing too because every week we find out something we were doing wrong the week before.

Anyways, I've searched the PHB for the price of dark hide armor but can't find it anywhere. One of the players in my game suggested it may be considered masterworked armor, which is kinda understandable because the short description under the hide description says "Darkhide armor is a superior tiefling armor cured in fire and infused with shadow," but If thats the cas i can't where is untill level 16? does anyone have any ideas, or know where to find the price?

JackMage666
2008-07-10, 12:25 PM
They're effectively superpowered epic items. You need to be X a high level to get them, as they have a minimum enhancement bonus to the cost. And, the high enhancements have the cost of the masterwork armor built in.

Charity
2008-07-10, 12:25 PM
This might have been covered easily on the simple Q&A thread.

All masterwork armours are only available as magic armours of the appropriate bonus hence the column Minimum Enhancement Bonus.

Darkhide is a +4 armour the price is included in the cost of a +4 armour
Elderhide is a +6 armour and its price is included in the cost of a +6 armour.
That is why there are the large jumps in armour cost at +4 and 6.

RukiTanuki
2008-07-10, 12:59 PM
So, I guess the idea is, to infuse that much magic into armor, it needs to be made of special materials, the most common of which are listed in the table.

I'm still really shocked at how the meaning of "masterwork" changed so dramatically between versions. I prefer the new definition, but I'd almost prefer I didn't know the 3e definition while trying to use the 4e version. :)

Oracle_Hunter
2008-07-10, 01:03 PM
This question is actually addressed directly here (http://wizards.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wizards.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1396).