PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #574 - The Discussion Thread

Rawhide
2008-07-19, 01:13 PM
Creating threads for all comics released while the forums were switched off.

jmucchiello
2008-07-19, 06:41 PM
Is the blue armor clad dude in the first panel a victim of a successful pick pockets attempt?

(It's so sad there are no posts about this strip, so...)

Ledrug
2008-07-19, 07:02 PM
Is the blue armor clad dude in the first panel a victim of a successful pick pockets attempt?

I figure that's a cop taking bribe from somebody, no?

Lira
2008-07-19, 07:15 PM
I figure that's a cop taking bribe from somebody, no?Yup, I'm sure that's what it is.

By the way, why isn't the guy in brown in the next two comics? I wonder what happened to him.

rosebud
2008-07-19, 08:17 PM
The "Oooo!" face channels Elan nicely. :) And she is horribly trusting and blind to her surroundings. I guess the only nice thing to be said was everything (for the most part) managed to stay in the cart.
Are any of the characters returning? I don't recognize the old man, but he seems familiar.
Oh, heck, that "Police Man (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0574.html)" has the same head (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0356.html) as Sabine.

jmucchiello
2008-07-19, 08:59 PM
Ah, I didn't notice the position of his hand. Thanks.

brilliantlight
2008-07-20, 10:01 AM
Celia went downhill fast. She is showing an Elan level of stupidity and cluelessness. In fact I think Elan would have a shot at figuring out what is going on. Even the dumbest nitwit should figure out that Haley was right and get the Hell out of the city.

David Argall
2008-07-20, 01:02 PM
See Origin. Elan is entirely able to outclass Celia in clueness to obvious threat.

But as has been noted in the FAQ, if the party members acted sensibly, there would be no story. So Celia has to give Elan a run for his money.

Morgan Wick
2008-07-20, 11:16 PM
No one has anything to say about this strip?

David Argall
2008-07-21, 01:42 AM
Well, there's not much to say once we have seen the next two strips and know that Roy is not going to be turned into an undead and that "Cain" [who doesn't want to keep his brother] is not going to be a continuing character.

We might have had some good fun if the boards had been open, but now it is a bit late.

rosebud
2008-07-22, 06:59 AM
Is the corrupt Police officer Sabine? If so, there is plenty to say and speculate. If not and the look is merely coincidence, then less so. So it's not too late to examine it (or the other characters in the strip, some of which also look familiar enough to be "interesting").

ref
2008-07-22, 07:36 PM
Not Sabine, he wears blue.

But I think I know the kid that is bribing him.

David Argall
2008-07-22, 09:26 PM
Is the corrupt Police officer Sabine? If so, there is plenty to say and speculate. If not and the look is merely coincidence, then less so. So it's not too late to examine it (or the other characters in the strip, some of which also look familiar enough to be "interesting").

Well, Sabine is a shapechanger, but other than that, there seems to be no reason to assume anything of the sort. The cop is there to show the lack of law and having Sabine in that role subverts its message.

Ellen
2008-07-22, 11:05 PM
Despite the name, Hieronymous looks about as bad as I expect V does by this time. Obviously, trance deprivation has left him/her so wacked out that, while s/he had enough sense to try to find information in Haley's hometown, s/he was so far gone that s/he completely buried him/herself in the cover story about being a Dr. Frankenstein wannabe.

Of course, s/he wasn't expecting to see Celia and Belkar was too sick to be recognized by a deranged elf. Haley snuck up behind him/her.

A sad, sad end to V's quest.

On the bright side, if the beard's real, at least we don't have to keep using s/he, etc. for V instead of more specific pronouns.

Spiky
2008-07-23, 06:44 PM
By the way, why isn't the guy in brown in the next two comics? I wonder what happened to him.

Did his business, moved on. Nothing to see here. Move along.