PDA

View Full Version : Etrian Odyssey 2

Twin2
2008-07-19, 07:10 PM
Been playing the game for a while, and I'm wondering if anyone else here has been. For those who don't know what I'm talking about it's this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrian_Odyssey_2). Good old fashion dungeon crawl, except you get to draw the map of where you're going which adds a nice twist to it in my opinion. Several classes, with skill trees that are easily manipulated to get you any number of builds. Neat little thing with items is that whenever you sell your loot new items become available.

Then there are the foes. Consider them your standard monster, on several different types of crack, and steroids all at once. The good thing is you can see them compared to normal encounters, and predict their movements on your map (some of them anyway). The bad news is they can pop out of places you don't expect, and god help you if they start a train.

It's been rather addicting all in all with good old fashioned dungeon grinding with a lot of fun thrown in with it's various game mechanics.