PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Evocation and Wind Wall

Yehomer
2008-07-20, 08:21 AM
In the Batman guide, It mentions using shadow evocation to create wind wall, but

Nondamaging effects have normal effects except against those who disbelieve them. Against disbelievers, they have no effect.

Objects automatically succeed on their Will saves against this spell.

Since arrows and the like are objects, does it become useless?

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-20, 08:46 AM
Looking at the rules, I think it is useless, unless there's a % chance that the arrow would be blocked due to the spell partially using Shadow matter.

Kurald Galain
2008-07-20, 09:12 AM
Since arrows and the like are objects, does it become useless?

IIRC, an arrow in flight counts as part of the attack, not as an object. Strange but true. This is mostly the same thing as that a corpse is an object, but a living creature or animated skeleton is not.

Tempest Fennac
2008-07-20, 09:15 AM
That sounds odd. Would you need to roll a dice to see if Windwall blocked arrows? I'm just wondering due to the Shadowstuff that's involved.

Yehomer
2008-07-20, 09:44 AM
Actually, as odd as it sounds, it does make sense in D&D rules :S
However, I do remember the original guide saying something about it working 100%... does anyone know how?

Moriato
2008-07-20, 02:52 PM
I can think of a couple ways it could work, even if it doesn't effect the arrow. An archer, knowing the wind is there, might not even attempt to shoot through it, and if he does, he's trying to compensate for wind that isn't really there, and would miss. Also, illusions, being mind affecting, might cause an archer to miss "subconciously" just because that's what he expects to happen.