PDA

View Full Version : Hellboy on toonami.

Jayngfet
2008-07-20, 01:47 PM
Did anyone see Hellboy:sword of storms, and Hellboy:Blood and Iron on toonami last night.

Probably not because they started at exactly the same time as Sozens coimet.

I saw most of blood and Iron and liked it, but I'm annoyed that everyone always says "We're better than them, join me.", since we always know Hellboy's just going to say no.

FoE
2008-07-20, 02:28 PM
Considering that Hellboy's right hand is the key to bringing about the end of mankind, you can't really argue that the various villains don't have an incentive to try and corrupt Hellboy. Plus, struggling against his demonic nature is one of the central themes of the Hellboy comic.

I quite liked Sword of Storms — the nukekubi and the rokoro-kubi were very creepy — but Blood and Iron was the better movie. Erzsebet was a great villain.

Hectonkhyres
2008-07-20, 07:49 PM
Considering that Hellboy's right hand is the key to bringing about the end of mankind, you can't really argue that the various villains don't have an incentive to try and corrupt Hellboy. Plus, struggling against his demonic nature is one of the central themes of the Hellboy comic.
And its been hinted that the end of days is only the start of what that blasted hand can do. I'm not sure how -anyone- thought it was a good idea to strap an angelic/elder artifact onto an infernal being wearing the flaming Crown of Destruction and who happens to be the son of the fallen one.

Five bucks says that nobody is walking away from this table alive. Lovecraftian horrors, mankind, the gods of the old pantheons, the fallen. The weasel goes pop.

Lets just say that it was a failure in planning.

turkishproverb
2008-07-22, 10:28 PM
And its been hinted that the end of days is only the start of what that blasted hand can do. I'm not sure how -anyone- thought it was a good idea to strap an angelic/elder artifact onto an infernal being wearing the flaming Crown of Destruction and who happens to be the son of the fallen one.

Five bucks says that nobody is walking away from this table alive. Lovecraftian horrors, mankind, the gods of the old pantheons, the fallen. The weasel goes pop.

Lets just say that it was a failure in planning.

I think he showed up with it when he first was summoned, so chances are his daddy had SPECIFIC plans for him that just got ******

ArmorArmadillo
2008-07-23, 12:22 AM
Did anyone see Hellboy:sword of storms, and Hellboy:Blood and Iron on toonami last night.

Probably not because they started at exactly the same time as Sozens coimet.

I saw most of blood and Iron and liked it, but I'm annoyed that everyone always says "We're better than them, join me.", since we always know Hellboy's just going to say no.They were both excellent movies, but they do raise a question. They were more than willing to have blood, death, and violence when they aired these two movies, why are they skittish about doing it in Naruto?

Back to the OP though, Sword of Storms was just excellent, the monsters he fought were beautifully rendered and exquisitely presented.

Jayngfet
2008-07-23, 12:26 AM
They're probably testing the waters a bit, anyone who's been watching cartoon network in general knows that they just got rid of those horrible "dancing children" bumpers in favor of the bowling pins, and they did just bring back Samurai Jack a couple of months ago. They've even outright said they wanted to get more teenagers watching a few weeks ago.

turkishproverb
2008-07-23, 12:34 AM
They're probably testing the waters a bit, anyone who's been watching cartoon network in general knows that they just got rid of those horrible "dancing children" bumpers in favor of the bowling pins, and they did just bring back Samurai Jack a couple of months ago. They've even outright said they wanted to get more teenagers watching a few weeks ago.

which is kind've funny given they cancelled JLU for skewing in that direction...

ArmorArmadillo
2008-07-23, 02:09 AM
which is kind've funny given they cancelled JLU for skewing in that direction...
Avatar changed the world. That show was way too adult for Nickelodeon, who was used to ADD Spongebob schlock, but went on to become the best action show on television not explicitly made for adults.

(I know Avatar was around when JLU was on, but it's become bigger since then)

Also, JLU wasn't just violence, it was getting really really political. Which isn't so much a problem of censorship or political correctness, but was a problem of younger viewers scratching not getting all the complex references.

Not to mention that JLU did have a very long, successful, well-supported run.

Irenaeus
2008-07-25, 09:28 AM
For some reason I thought this thread was about another Hellboy. I have been watching far to much MMA lately.

Jayngfet
2008-07-25, 12:13 PM

And now they're clearly accenting the 14, since they've picked up total drama island and say before each viewing no one under that age should watch. And still put it on prime time.

Plus the aforementioned hellboy movies.