PDA

View Full Version : New melee weapon concept

Holammer
2008-07-20, 02:36 PM
Tired of chainswords, lightsabers or vibroblades for your futuristic setting? I found out about a new knife called the waspknife using compressed gas (http://www.waspknife.com/video_watermelon.php) to deliver a lethal punch. The technology is amazingly simple and it's great fun seeing them exploding watermelons with it. Have fun incorporating it into your homebrews folks.

insecure
2008-07-20, 02:46 PM
I want such a knife!

Pronounceable
2008-07-20, 03:23 PM
Nah, nothing beats lightsabers. Even chainswords pale against the majesty of zwooms and zwees (not to mention the psheejuu) of a brightly colored beam of light.

Holammer
2008-07-20, 03:30 PM
Lightsabers are beautiful of course. But this is something for the chainsword crowd mayhap? One push of a button and there is massive trauma and a shower of gore.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-07-20, 03:35 PM
That looks pretty cool.

AjaxTorbin
2008-07-20, 10:14 PM
It is silent when used and deadly to our enemies.

um-uh. so that LOUD PHSSSSSSSSSTT of compressed air, is 'quiet'.
Riiiiiiight.
neet idea, but useless.

if you let a guy in knife rage, you are dumb.
if a guy wants to get in knife range, he is very good with a knife, and can kill you without the 'freezing basketball gas'
if i were a diver, i might buy this, but otherwise would not touch it with a standard issue ten foot pole.

Silence
2008-07-20, 10:30 PM
I still like the idea of using air strikes.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-07-20, 11:22 PM
um-uh. so that LOUD PHSSSSSSSSSTT of compressed air, is 'quiet'.
Riiiiiiight.
neet idea, but useless.

if you let a guy in knife rage, you are dumb.
if a guy wants to get in knife range, he is very good with a knife, and can kill you without the 'freezing basketball gas'
if i were a diver, i might buy this, but otherwise would not touch it with a standard issue ten foot pole.

So what, you get into life threatening combat situations often then? :smallwink: Plus, using your logic, why do soldiers even carry knifes? They just weigh you down right? In my opinion, any sort of upgrade is welcomed.

AjaxTorbin
2008-07-21, 12:43 AM
So what, you get into life threatening combat situations often then? :smallwink: Plus, using your logic, why do soldiers even carry knifes? They just weigh you down right? In my opinion, any sort of upgrade is welcomed.

While i was in teh army, it was a tool, a can opener.
and what i said was it is foolish to enter knife range, not that it doesn't happen.
and teh reason my drill instructor said we have knives:
they don jam! now drop and give me twenty!!

Aside: however, i will admit that teh air would make it easer to pull the knife out of a sucking wound. but then again, thats why they put blood grooves on combat knives.