PDA

View Full Version : M&M help needed!

nobodylovesyou4
2008-07-21, 01:43 AM
fellow playgrounders, im starting a mutants and masterminds campaign based entirely off the people in my sigtar (and some other additional characters). Corpsecraft, the one with the mask and the tommy gun, is sewn back together from different parts he has found lying around, and is technically undead. if a piece is to be removed from his body, he can control it separately from over a mile away. he can easily reattach missing body parts by simply holding it to where it belongs on his body, and it stitches itself back on. he is effectively immortal, because no matter how much he is cut up, he cannot be killed; only temporarily inconvenienced.

now, my question is as follows: how would i stat this out? what powers, what abilities, what? power level is ten, and im jsut asking for the bare minimum to make him immortal and able to be pieced back together. thanks in advance!

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-21, 02:14 AM
First of all, using the equipment feat would easily get the gun.

As for your ability, first would be the regeneration ability with the ressurrection extra. This however does present the problem that with a bad roll could make your death permanent. I'm sure this could be offset with feats. Theres your not dying-ness.

As for moving your body parts, the anatomic separation ability would be the prime choice with variable split.

That pretty much covers it. As for the chance of a bad roll, you could give him hero points and use the Ultimate Effort feat whenever he makes his rez check.

nobodylovesyou4
2008-07-21, 02:16 AM
anatomic separation? is that in the main book? because im not too familiar with it.

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-21, 02:24 AM
Yes, it allows you to separate specific parts from your body and control them within the limits of what they are capable of. A hand for instance could crawl around on the ground but couldn't pick up and use a weapon without the flight ability. The variable split option would allow you to divide up as you want. so you could cut a hole in yourself and send your intestines after somebody or something like that.

Anatomic Separation is on page 75 of the main book.

Also, if you want me to help you with this, go ahead and call me, i'll be up for a couple more hours.

Ecalsneerg
2008-07-21, 05:25 AM
As for your ability, first would be the regeneration ability with the ressurrection extra. This however does present the problem that with a bad roll could make your death permanent. I'm sure this could be offset with feats. Theres your not dying-ness.

There are two ways to do this. One is non-core, the Ultimate power supplement has the True Resurrection extra, making your resurrection unstoppable. Second is very core and shame on you for not thinking of it, the recovery bonus (not rate) feature of regeneration lets you add bonuses to your recovery checks. Get it up to +9 and you'll never fail. Failing that, spending a hero point will mean your DC 10 recovery check will always be met (a hero point re-roll always comes up as 11-20)

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-21, 05:27 AM
Well I rarely ever get to play the damn game. Our group is focused on D&D at the moment and any pbp game that gets started on here usually dies within a week.

Talic
2008-07-21, 06:06 AM
There are two ways to do this. One is non-core, the Ultimate power supplement has the True Resurrection extra, making your resurrection unstoppable. Second is very core and shame on you for not thinking of it, the recovery bonus (not rate) feature of regeneration lets you add bonuses to your recovery checks. Get it up to +9 and you'll never fail. Failing that, spending a hero point will mean your DC 10 recovery check will always be met (a hero point re-roll always comes up as 11-20)

Unless, however, the attack which dropped you has the incurable power feat on it. Then there be no healin' to that wound, matey.

Ecalsneerg
2008-07-21, 11:44 AM
Unless, however, the attack which dropped you has the incurable power feat on it. Then there be no healin' to that wound, matey.

Persistent power feat as well, then. that said, I don't think I've ever seen a character with the Incurable extra on his powers.

nobodylovesyou4
2008-07-21, 11:50 AM
Well I rarely ever get to play the damn game. Our group is focused on D&D at the moment and any pbp game that gets started on here usually dies within a week.

no need to get all defensive here, he meant no harm by it. and btw, eclasneerg, thanks for your help, ill look into it.

Talic
2008-07-21, 12:07 PM
Persistent power feat as well, then. that said, I don't think I've ever seen a character with the Incurable extra on his powers.

True, it's more of a villain ability. My last creation was a telepath that controlled gravity.

Two power matrices. 1) Mental blasts. I made it a matrix (alternate power), added Mind control (linked with power control) to it as well, Think I added the Mental transformation as a 2nd alternate power (continuous addition).

2) Threw on Gravity control with an alternate power of Force Field (impervious),

Maxed out all my saves for the power level... And that was that. The concept was mentally transforming everyone into being fanatical followers of him, and melting those things that couldn't. Force Field's usually up, but occasionally gravity control was in there for fun.

Green Bean
2008-07-22, 01:50 AM
True, it's more of a villain ability. My last creation was a telepath that controlled gravity.

Two power matrices. 1) Mental blasts. I made it a matrix (alternate power), added Mind control (linked with power control) to it as well, Think I added the Mental transformation as a 2nd alternate power (continuous addition).

2) Threw on Gravity control with an alternate power of Force Field (impervious),

Maxed out all my saves for the power level... And that was that. The concept was mentally transforming everyone into being fanatical followers of him, and melting those things that couldn't. Force Field's usually up, but occasionally gravity control was in there for fun.

Ouch. Was that a villain or a PC?

Talic
2008-07-22, 02:55 AM
Ouch. Was that a villain or a PC?

Both? LOL, I like Anti-heroes.

JeminiZero
2008-07-22, 04:26 AM
There are two ways to do this. One is non-core, the Ultimate power supplement has the True Resurrection extra, making your resurrection unstoppable.

Caveat: it does not make your resurrection entirely unstoppable, it lets you
1) Repeat the resurrection roll like an injury roll even when you fail
2) You do not have to specify conditions which prevent you from Rezzing (which normal Rezz has). Rather, you can make Rezz checks as long as your corpse is not taking continuous damage (e.g. in a pit of lava)

Ecalsneerg
2008-07-22, 04:44 AM
Caveat: it does not make your resurrection entirely unstoppable, it lets you
1) Repeat the resurrection roll like an injury roll even when you fail
2) You do not have to specify conditions which prevent you from Rezzing (which normal Rezz has). Rather, you can make Rezz checks as long as your corpse is not taking continuous damage (e.g. in a pit of lava)

Well, there is that flaw to it. But that's just cruuuuel.

Long range teleport triggered upon death?

Talic
2008-07-22, 06:34 AM
Countered by Nullify Power?

Thinker
2008-07-22, 08:02 AM

Try to start an IRC game. The people in those seem to hang around better.

Talic
2008-07-22, 08:14 AM
IRC? This is a term I am not familiar with.

BizzaroStormy
2008-07-22, 08:18 AM
Its kinda like Instant Messaging except the interface is more like the Windows Notepad program. Problem with these is that If I want to play multiple campaigns, then it presents scheduling difficulties with what little real life events pop up as well as other online games.

Also, since Nobody doesn't have access to his comp at the moment and I refuse him access to mine, I'm obligated to inform you that the character is done despite a large setback brought on by him being give the 1st edition books instead of 2nd.

Burley
2008-07-22, 09:13 AM
So...okay. I'm gonna shanghai the thread a bit.
I want to run a M&M campaign. I have the 2nd edition book, and I've been reading the rules and trying to grasp everything, but it's so hard to learn everything without somebody to tell you that it's correct.
Anyways, I really want to just sit around and make characters and junk, so, I know I'm gonna enjoy it.

Here's my question: I want the campaign to break the 4th wall a bit. Each character is going to have a secret identity, and it will be their player. So, they'll be playing themselves, but with super-powers. I want to start at power level 1, as basically non-powered humans, and give them power points as they traverse through a training course (they won a prize and got to test out some new "video game", but it actually gives them legit powers.) I think it'll be a good way to ween the players into the system (used to only D&D), and for us all to learn how different skills work in the game. I plan to get them up to 5th power level fairly quickly (one or two sessions), so... eventually, they'd have fun.

So...is this a good idea? How should I enforce character creation? (I figured I'd make them put their first 15pp into only abilities and attack, not feats and powers and stuff.)

Green Bean
2008-07-22, 12:36 PM
So...okay. I'm gonna shanghai the thread a bit.
I want to run a M&M campaign. I have the 2nd edition book, and I've been reading the rules and trying to grasp everything, but it's so hard to learn everything without somebody to tell you that it's correct.
Anyways, I really want to just sit around and make characters and junk, so, I know I'm gonna enjoy it.

Here's my question: I want the campaign to break the 4th wall a bit. Each character is going to have a secret identity, and it will be their player. So, they'll be playing themselves, but with super-powers. I want to start at power level 1, as basically non-powered humans, and give them power points as they traverse through a training course (they won a prize and got to test out some new "video game", but it actually gives them legit powers.) I think it'll be a good way to ween the players into the system (used to only D&D), and for us all to learn how different skills work in the game. I plan to get them up to 5th power level fairly quickly (one or two sessions), so... eventually, they'd have fun.

So...is this a good idea? How should I enforce character creation? (I figured I'd make them put their first 15pp into only abilities and attack, not feats and powers and stuff.)

You might want to raise the PL to 2, or at least give them more pp. Keep in mind that the system isn't really designed for low PL characters; even the weakest improvised weapon will break caps, and critical hits against the players will smear them across the metaphorical wall.

Both? LOL, I like Anti-heroes.

I admire your GM. The character must've been nearly impossible to seriously challenge.