PDA

View Full Version : A little help with characters in 4e please?

Kiyona
2008-07-21, 08:28 AM
Hello all,

I am building my first 4e character right now, and it seems like a really fun system.

But Im wondering, where do I find how much gold I have on 5th level? And two weapon fighting, how does that work?

Another thing... how do I earn action points?

If you could give me some pointers as to where I can find it I would be very grateful. =)

Charity
2008-07-21, 08:30 AM
At 5th you get a level 6 magic item, a level 5 magic item, a level 4 magic item and gold to the value of a standard level 5 item to buy additional magic equipment... and all the mundane stuff you can carry.

Kiyona
2008-07-21, 08:35 AM
Ok, so I get those items without paiyng for them?? Awesome. =)

Thanks for the help, I am having a hard time figuring this out, english is not my first language, and my DM wants this done before our first playsession.

Kaelaroth
2008-07-21, 08:40 AM
You need a feat to use two weapons. And I'm pretty sure only rangers can use it in 4e. I know you get an action point for every two encounters you do without resting.

clericwithnogod
2008-07-21, 08:45 AM
Two weapon fighting works in one of two ways...

1) You're a ranger, and you fight with two-weapons by hitting people with two weapons at the same time a lot.

2) You're not a ranger and it's complex....

But essentially, you can always wield two weapons, but only ranger powers (gained via multiclassing or the half-elf Dilletente ability) and an epic feat allow you to hit with both of them at the same time (at the moment - more may come in the Martial Powers sourcebook).

Wielding two weapons can be handy for multiclass characters (so you can take advantage of the best weapon to complement powers of either of your classes) and for characters that have a couple magic weapons with different powers that they want ready access to.

How much you feel like you're two-weapon fighting when you're not a ranger depends on your class and personal preference, but I kind of like using a different weapon in each hand for different powers/situations combined with bonuses from the two-weapon fighting and two-weapon defense feats.

Kiyona
2008-07-21, 09:01 AM
I am playing a rogue and want two weapon fighting mostly for the flavor. :smallcool:

So, basically, I can wield two different weapons at once, without negatives to my attackroll as long as I dont use them in the same round? And I can take the cool twf feats I found?

Thats all i really need. Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

The New Bruceski
2008-07-21, 10:08 AM
I am playing a rogue and want two weapon fighting mostly for the flavor. :smallcool:

So, basically, I can wield two different weapons at once, without negatives to my attackroll as long as I dont use them in the same round? And I can take the cool twf feats I found?

Thats all i really need. Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Yes. I believe one of the weapons needs to have the "off-hand" trait.

Charity
2008-07-21, 10:28 AM
TWF feat just adds 1 to the damage of your main hand weapon... and yes you need the offhand trait for the second weapon.

Also you gain action points by completing two encounters without an extended rest... or whenever your DM says so.

Kiyona
2008-07-21, 11:47 AM
Excellent, cant wait to start playing. =)

Does anyone now were I can find how many magic items i can own, and how much gold start out with. I got an excellent answer by charity, but Id like to see the page. My fellow players doesnt believe me. They dont think were allowed to have so much goodies. =)

Artanis
2008-07-21, 11:51 AM
DMG page 143